Posted June 10, 2011
I did not have a problem with the principle. But i did have a problem with the teachers. My kindergarten's teacher had a problem with my daughter because my daughter is head strong. And my 2nd grader's teacher was nice & all but i didn't think my daughter was pushed enough & thought she should have learned more.

Posted May 05, 2010

Posted May 07, 2009
I am a parent and I absolutely hate this school. My child has went here since K. I am just getting him the help he needs through Nemours. Mrs. Sapp, the principal is unwilling to listen to parents concrens about the teachers and will not take suggestions from parents. I TRUELY can not wait until she retires or quits. PLEASE whatever you do don't send your kids to GARDEN CITY ELEMENTARY at all.

Posted May 16, 2008

Garden City Elementary School 0

Posted March 03, 2008
I think this is a Marvelous school. Both of my kids have went to this school, and they both enjoyed it.

Posted March 03, 2008

Posted July 12, 2007
I agree with other parents who say if you want your child to pass, do not send them to this school. The teachers are so concerned about the FCAT, that is the focus the whole school year. It's true that they focus on the kid they know will pass, hoping this will bump up their schools FCAT scores. Obviously it does not work, the FCAT scores are horrid. Also there is a lot of racial issues. If your kid goes to this school, be prepared to spend 3 hours a night with homework & homeschooling. Most of the teachers are rude. They insult the kids. I have heard it myself in the halls when visiting.

Posted June 13, 2007
If you want your child to pass, I would not recommend you to send him/her to this school. The teachers are not concerned with the children that may need a little more help or attention. They focus all their time on the child they know will pass. I had 2 children in this school and pulled both out when my concerns were becoming reality when my first grader failed twice and no one could help me understand what was going especially when I'm doing what I have to as a parent & teacher @ home.

Posted April 18, 2007
Unless you are prepared to spend all of your evenings and weekends home schooling your child to help him/her make the grade, I do not recommend this school. The teachers are not taking the time to assess the individual students needs and work with them towards improvement. My child's teacher has a negative attitude and does not provide encouragement to her students, leaving my child to believe she just does not like them.

Posted July 01, 2006

Garden City Elementary School
2814 Dunn Avenue, Jacksonville, FL  32218
Last modified Garden City Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Garden City Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top