367 students|Duval

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted July 10, 2015
My children have attended Hogan for the past 2 years and the teachers have always been wonderful. The teachers always communicated of ever there was a need and the never hesitated to stay late or allow my children to come in before school if they needed a little extra help!

Posted July 10, 2015
Going on 3 years and 3 children at this school and although there are a couple of "bumps in the road" in the very beginning; after speaking with the principal they were corrected right away and never had an issue since. The staff is very personable and know exactly who we are, I love that! Looking forward to the new school just as much as my children, I just know it's going to be great. I did however find out recently that they will have a new principal this year. I was truly saddened when I received the meet & greet message. I wish I could have said goodbye, because she was really a great influence for my children.

Posted May 01, 2015
Although small in numbers - we are grand! We are the FIRST "Leader in Me" school in Duval County and our students are being to take ownership of their learning. The past few years were rough for us but, we are now on the upswing :) Looking forward to spending many years at Hogan-Spring Glen

Posted January 09, 2014
My kids feel safe, happy, and learn a lot! Their teachers communicate with me daily and I see the principals every time I was in the school. Everyone is always smiling and really cares for my kids. This is a great school.

Posted December 12, 2013
I love the teachers and principals. They always have time for me and my children.

Posted December 11, 2013
This school has amazning principals, Aps, and teachers. They really care about the children. The reviews from before (2010 to 2007) was a old, horrible principal who is no longer there.

Posted August 24, 2013
I have been a volunteer coordinator at Hogan for the past 3 1/2 years. We have seen some amazing changes and all for good! It is very exciting to see the progress. However It is also under new leadership. There are very negative comments on this review and no reference to the changes that have taken place. This site should be updated periodically to prevent confusion as to the current status of the school. If I had a child eligible for elementary school, I would be proud to have them attend Hogan.

Posted August 23, 2013
My son's school is attentive, helpful and striving to assist each student to succeed. The teachers are friendly and treat my son as if he is a member of their family.

Posted April 29, 2010
My child was blessed to be placed in Mrs. Meadow's class (with Mrs. Love). They have done a wonderful job teaching my daughter. The Principle is a joke. She is almost never there. The ladies in the front office are very welcoming and sweet. I agree that the car riders drop off/pick up is a big problem. That is mostly due to rude parents that don't follow the rules though and have zero consideration for other parents. I have a child entering kindergarten next year and one going into first grade but I enrolled them into a charter school down the road. Until that principle is replaced - that school will not flourish.

Hogan-Spring Glen Elementary School 1

Posted March 18, 2010
I wish they would get together ..The school year is almostr over and we are still having trouble with car riders , dropping off and picking up are still a big problem .. If you have more than one kid at more than one school you are never on time . Tre whole system needs a overhaul..

6736 Beach Boulevard, Jacksonville, FL  32216
Last modified Hogan-Spring Glen Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.