Posted May 01, 2015
Although small in numbers - we are grand! We are the FIRST "Leader in Me" school in Duval County and our students are being to take ownership of their learning. The past few years were rough for us but, we are now on the upswing :) Looking forward to spending many years at Hogan-Spring Glen

Posted January 09, 2014
My kids feel safe, happy, and learn a lot! Their teachers communicate with me daily and I see the principals every time I was in the school. Everyone is always smiling and really cares for my kids. This is a great school.

Posted December 12, 2013
I love the teachers and principals. They always have time for me and my children.

Posted December 11, 2013
This school has amazning principals, Aps, and teachers. They really care about the children. The reviews from before (2010 to 2007) was a old, horrible principal who is no longer there.

Posted August 24, 2013
I have been a volunteer coordinator at Hogan for the past 3 1/2 years. We have seen some amazing changes and all for good! It is very exciting to see the progress. However It is also under new leadership. There are very negative comments on this review and no reference to the changes that have taken place. This site should be updated periodically to prevent confusion as to the current status of the school. If I had a child eligible for elementary school, I would be proud to have them attend Hogan.

Posted August 23, 2013
My son's school is attentive, helpful and striving to assist each student to succeed. The teachers are friendly and treat my son as if he is a member of their family.

Hogan-Spring Glen Elementary School

Posted April 29, 2010
My child was blessed to be placed in Mrs. Meadow's class (with Mrs. Love). They have done a wonderful job teaching my daughter. The Principle is a joke. She is almost never there. The ladies in the front office are very welcoming and sweet. I agree that the car riders drop off/pick up is a big problem. That is mostly due to rude parents that don't follow the rules though and have zero consideration for other parents. I have a child entering kindergarten next year and one going into first grade but I enrolled them into a charter school down the road. Until that principle is replaced - that school will not flourish.

Hogan-Spring Glen Elementary School 1

Posted March 18, 2010
I wish they would get together ..The school year is almostr over and we are still having trouble with car riders , dropping off and picking up are still a big problem .. If you have more than one kid at more than one school you are never on time . Tre whole system needs a overhaul..

Posted August 07, 2008
My son has been at this school for 2 years. I absolutly love this school the teachers are great the activities are great. I have nothing bad to say about hogan spring glen and my son will continue to go to this school as long as he can. As a parent i worry about my sons well being at all times and with him going to this school i can feel secure that my son is ok and safe. He has good techers and staff around him they all comunicate well with me as a parent and do everything they can for the children in this school. The one thing that i think can be done is that the parents step up and take responsibility at home for there childrens success. It is not all the schools responsibility it is ours as parents to tech the same. Lacey whittington

Hogan-Spring Glen Elementary School 2

Posted May 30, 2007
Having had a child in Hogan Spring Glen for the past two years, we were very excited for our second child to be starting this year. HSG has some of the most wonderful caring teachers and support staff around! Unfortunately, with the change in leadership at the beginning of the year (new principal) all of that excitement turned to remorse. The principal s attitude toward teachers, staff, students and parents has been less than respectful. Volunteers have been made to feel they are not needed or wanted. The principle has gone so far as to ban people from volunteering until she was corrected by her boss. What was once a wonderful community school has turned into a place that neither students nor teachers want to be. We are pulling our children out and will find an alternative solution.

Hogan-Spring Glen Elementary School
6736 Beach Boulevard, Jacksonville, FL  32216
Last modified Hogan-Spring Glen Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Hogan-Spring Glen Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top