Venetia Elementary School 1

Posted August 05, 2014
So many things wrong with this school. I only hope that with a new principal this school will improve. I truly cannot believe how horrible this school has been. I just read a post from 2006 saying this school is Navy friendly. Please do not send your child to this school because the location is convenient or "Navy friendly". I am greatly disappointed on how dismissive and unprofessional the staff has been towards students and parents. Overall experience at Venetia was a nightmare.

Venetia Elementary School 4

Posted April 28, 2014
Venetia is a great school I think needs more experienced teachers that there for the kids not a paycheck but overall mrs milner is a great teacher and my kidd went there three years in a row and we moved but my fifth grader going back on special assignment I love this teacher mrs.milner she really care about the students.

Venetia Elementary School 1

Posted March 14, 2014
My son has been in the FL public school system in "A" rated schools since he was 3 years old. He attended 2 different schools before coming to Venetia, and has always been the kid that all the teachers wished the other children would be like. Venetia has been nothing but problems! My son's teacher is extremely unorganized. We never know what is going on no matter how many times we've asked her to explain it. Her classroom is an absolute mess 100% of the time. My son was told he couldn't check out library books when we transferred him in, and 4 months later even after I spoke with his teacher about the situation, he was still not allowed until I took care of the problem myself with the librarian. As it turns out there was no reason why my son couldn't check library books out; it was just teacher negligence. He is given negative conduct marks for "laughing too loudly when something is funny" (he's in kindergarten), for "not completing his work" (when I check it as soon as he gets in the car from school, and it IS complete), for "being silly during lunch time" (it's LUNCH TIME, not work time!) He also comes home from school crying on a regular basis. DO NOT SEND YOUR KIDS HERE!

Posted January 05, 2012
my child has been here since kindergarden .she is a very shy kid but the school has been great .i plan on sending my other two children as soon as they are ready.over all it is a great and safe school.

Venetia Elementary School 3

Posted June 25, 2009

Venetia Elementary School 0

Posted May 27, 2009
Venetia is a little gem! Mrs. Rubens the principal is wonderful and the teachers are great too. I think that having new leadership in the school has made a huge impact on the overall environment. My son is in first grade in Mrs. Washingtons class and we are very pleased. He has had a great year. I feel comfortable that my child is in a safe, clean, nuturing environment. The one statement that I will make is that I noticed that the teachers seem to be overwhelmed sometimes with so much being required other than teaching the children. Overall the school is great.

Posted May 08, 2009

Venetia Elementary School 0

Posted August 04, 2008
My daughter attended this school for one year and I have found it necessary to move her to a private school due to the very unprofessional attitudes of the office staff and the uncaring teacher with whom she was placed for the year. I was not informed of any lack in my daughter's scores until the last three weeks of the school year. My attempts to discuss her progress with her teachers and the principal were blown off as not important. At least not to them. I find that the educators at Venetia are only going to contact a parent if they feel it will reflect badly on them when the parents protest that they were not informed in a timely manner. The office staff needs to be trained properly in school procedures.

Posted July 14, 2008
I moved my children to this school because it was closer to my job, What I didnt count on was how deeply devoted the staff are. They believe in every single child there and it shows. I love the school and my children love it. Their grades got better and they tried much harder because of the motivation they were given.

Posted July 13, 2008
Both of my children have loved attending Venetia the last two years. All of the Kindergarden and special needs staff have gone out of the way to help my children excel in everyway possible. This new year, Mr. Theius has been moved to another school and will really be missed. Best wish! A proud Venetia parent!

Venetia Elementary School
4300 Timuquana Road, Jacksonville, FL  32210
Last modified Venetia Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Venetia Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 30 reviews. Top