Lake Shore Middle School

Public | 6-8 | 1221 students

Sweep tile

Posted June 24, 2013

I went to Lake Shore for my 6th grade year. It went pretty well. I had a bit of a rough start but I made it through. I started this past year in my 7th grade class and it was horrible. My mother had to remove me from this school because of the teachers, students, and the all around rudeness. It was not fun. We had a bad time here and I will not be returning. In fact, the last time I was there and the last I will ever be there, was the day I signed the withdraw paper alongside my mother.

Posted June 7, 2013

I went to Lake Shore middle school in 2012. 6th grade. It was the best school i ever went to. All the teachers were awesome, they were really helpful and nice. The best school ever that i went too. I was in the Miyas. I had straight A's in Lake Shore middle, how that happen is by the teachers. They really know how to teach us kids. Award ceremony I got a 4.0 for GPA. I really like this school, a lot and someday I will visit my teachers again. My homeroom teacher was the best. Mrs.Schwartz.

Posted December 7, 2012

I love the fights they are hilarious the first fight was with achielious and marquis he bammed him on the ground a pounded the lil punk I laughed my socks off but my point is you have to fight for your freekin life look for every corner and most of all the girls look like grown men this girl looks like a freekin wood chipper don't look at her especially in the morning their is a gang that runs the hallway they love to fight if you send your child there don't get into a problem with anyone cause they will find you and don't disrespect teachers because they get disrespectful this boy deshawn constantly has problems with mrs Swartz he once came back from 5 day suspension and got a referral cause she claimed he skipped her class I currently attend this school for 6th grade 2012-2013 I have seen it all love hate fights and gossip if you want your kid to be a sweaty pie and not turn out to be a changed quiet kid to a UFC murderous intelligent all around swell kid like me don't send your kid here I beg you but I have to say the teachers encourage you especially in avid if your kid is smart ps I won the 2012-2013 spelling bee

Posted March 23, 2012

Lake Shore is one of the best middle schools I've had the opportunity to work at as a substitute teacher. If you take a look around at the other middle schools in town, you'll know that isn't saying much but Lake Shore at least tries. As someone has already said, there is a huge disconnect between the teachers and the administration. The teachers are wonderful for the most part. Your child will learn from them. The failure is in the administration. There is a huge problem with discipline. If I send a kid out to the office because of behavior issues, they are sent right back to disrupt the class further. I've had entire classes walk out and the woman in the office just shrugged her shoulders. This should not happen. I think if the administrators got their act together, Lake Shore could be an amazing school. Until then, it's just slightly better than average (yet better than everyone else).
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted October 19, 2011

My son loves his teachers. Its the administrators who are not on the same page, therefore the learning atmosphere is incomplete. How can the teachers/parents/students ever implement a working plan of action if the administrators always have a diffrent idea, a diffrent voice or a diffrent agenda? Administrators should be more proactive to helping thier students achieve greatness at all costs, and not be so apt to share thier bad attitudes. They almost detered my son's awesome attitude for school by "grouping" him with other children physically "like" him instead of his grades and character. Now I have to "meet" with them all?

Posted August 21, 2011

This school has the potential to strive for excellence. I believe with the proper structure from Teacher, Student and Parent involvement in the school and community the school came become and A school. Maybe the district should consider a new Principal.

Posted November 23, 2009

Hi there, I'm a student at Lakeshore and I have been nothing but impressed. I am in all honors classes and this is my first year hear, and they've implemented new rules and regulations to keep things running smoothly. The curriculum is generally rigorous and challenging, although some things come easy, but teachers really care! The children can be talkative and on occasion disruptive but the teachers do their best to keep the peace in the classroom. I've seen two fights this year but generally, most students- if not all are exceptionally well-mannered- are civil. I do not consider myself a popular student nor a person who follows trends and wears the latest make up or follows the latest gossip or does things that a typical, cliche 'popular' girl would do, but I am kindly treated by friends and teachers alike and have many friends here that are great influences.

Posted September 23, 2009

My Daughter is a 6 grader, and she loves the School and her Teachers. She pray ever nite for her School , Teachers and the Students for Sucess in learning and social awareness. Thank you

Posted September 19, 2009

Great administrtors and teachers, innovative curriculum despite funding challenges.

Posted August 17, 2009

Im very pleased with this school. The teachers keep me informed and are always available to me with questions or concerns. I didnt see a very good rating when i was doing my research for my children to attend here last year but am glad that we gave it a chance. We look forward to spending our 8th grade year at lakeshore this returning schoolyear

Posted April 22, 2009

AWESOME SCHOOL! I'VE LOVED IT SINCE I WALKED IN!!! Sure, there are fights, but there are fights at every school. So, if your child is serious about learning, take my advice and send them to the place my dreams came true at.

Posted March 5, 2009

this school is horribl. fights happened every day. teachers did not care about the students or their education. this school made me very unhappy and i took my child right out of it.if you want your child to be cared about and treated well dont send them there.

Posted January 24, 2009

Lake Shore isn't perfect..sure fights do break out almost everyday. But you do meet lots of amazing friends. you just have to know how to deal w/ certain situations. Honestly though Lake Shore is one of the worst schools though.( mostly because of fights and discipline issues)

Posted November 26, 2008

horrible school, worst school years i ever had, bad students and teachers. fights at school regulary.

Posted July 2, 2008

my school isn't perfect but i love it there.

Posted February 5, 2008

This is one of the worst schools I've ever seen. The teachers lower their standards to the unruly students that attend there. The intelligent children are ignored and have no resources to keep moving forward in their studies. The math department is the worst. The teachers rarely show up for conferences and getting anybody, including the pricipal, to return a phone call or do what they promise to do is impossible. If you love your student, don't send them here.

Posted July 24, 2007

I am former student of Lake Shore.I had best 3 I could have possibly had there.Yes there are very disrespectful children there but the Teachers handle it as best as they can.All the teachers I had were very nice and helpful.The Principle isn't as good as she should be but she is there when she is needed.Fights rarely break out anymore,things are under control.

Posted May 17, 2007

I love this school. I used to go here for 6th - 8th grade. I passed with wonderful grades. I have help from the wonderfullest teachers ever . If it wasnt for them I wouldnt have gotten as far as I have.
—Submitted by a former student

Posted February 24, 2006

I am very disappointed with this school as my son has been attending this school since 6th grade and now has gone from an 'A' student to a 'F' student and there is no programs to help me to help him to bring his grades up.

Posted August 27, 2005

As a first time parent at Lake Shore Middle, I have been nothing but impressed. The Principal seems extremely intelligent and caring. All of my child's teachers have been wonderful and do a great job of keeping me in the loop with my childs educational needs.

Math

The state average for Math was 52% in 2013.

356 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 59% in 2013.

354 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 55% in 2013.

363 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 57% in 2013.

363 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 51% in 2013.

355 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 56% in 2013.

354 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 47% in 2013.

352 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 79% in 2013.

349 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 78% in 2012.

343 students were tested at this school in 2012.

2010

Scale: % scoring at or above level 3

Source: Florida Department of Education

• In 2011-2012, this school received a grade of "C".
  • In 2010-2011, this school received a grade of "C".
  • In 2009-2010, this school received a grade of "C".
  • In 2008-2009, this school received a grade of "C".

Algebra I

The state average for Algebra I was 64% in 2013.

148 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Biology I

The state average for Biology I was 67% in 2013.

n/a
Geometry

The state average for Geometry was 64% in 2013.

n/a

Teacher credentials

Classes taught by non-highly qualified teachers 10%N/A5%
Source: FL Dept. of Education, 2011-2012

Teacher resources

Special staff resources available to students Art teacher(s)
ELL/ESL Coordinator
PE instructor(s)
Read more about programs at this school
Source: Provided by school officials and community members.

Arts & music

• Art teacher(s)
  • ELL/ESL Coordinator
  • PE instructor(s)
Extra learning resources offered
  • Title I Schoolwide program (SWP)
Transportation options