1,164 students|Duval

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Lakeshore was an okay school, it had some fair share of issues like fights happening but there wasn't really that many problems that I know of. One thing that seemed fair from Lakeshore is how there are different communities based on student's exam scores and overall grades. For example the smartest being the Navajo group, and the not so good being Cherokee (not sure if I'm correct about that) Let's talk about my experience, 6th and 7th wasn't really that memorable. However, 8th grade is something that I will never forget. I was in the Navajo group and this year was very different from the other two years. There wasn't as many fights unlike in 6th grade, which shows how Lakeshore is improving. I don't want to make this review long but, my teachers, (Mrs. Sabantino, Ms. Cash, Ms. Layton, Ms. Butler, Ms. Thompson, Mrs. Federiko, and Mr. Woodard) they were really helpful and respectful. Not to lie but during the award ceremony I almost cried because they told us that we 8th graders were the best 8th graders in Lakeshore thus far. The thing that made me cry the most was to leave the school, Lakeshore was great. "I wonder if Ms. Thompson is showing her students the reviews on Lakeshore again." -K

I love Lake shore i when to this school for the year 2013-3014 it was honestly the best year ever!! My 6th grade year is a year i will never forget i had amazing friends and friends from my old school but i gotta say i didnt like everyone but i like almost everyone and the teachers are wonderfully nice ! I love my homeroom teacher Ms.Barfield I was a mohican This was my classes 1A: ms.barfield Math 2A:mr.Gunter world history 3A:Gym mr.Crider 4A:Ms.Blake Reading 1B:ms.Waugh Math 2B:ms.Jones Computer/Tech 3B:Ms.kinard Science 4B:Mr.Pecott BEST YEAR EVERYONE I MISS EVERYONE FROM LSMS GO WORRIORS

I went to Lake Shore for my 6th grade year. It went pretty well. I had a bit of a rough start but I made it through. I started this past year in my 7th grade class and it was horrible. My mother had to remove me from this school because of the teachers, students, and the all around rudeness. It was not fun. We had a bad time here and I will not be returning. In fact, the last time I was there and the last I will ever be there, was the day I signed the withdraw paper alongside my mother.

I went to Lake Shore middle school in 2012. 6th grade. It was the best school i ever went to. All the teachers were awesome, they were really helpful and nice. The best school ever that i went too. I was in the Miyas. I had straight A's in Lake Shore middle, how that happen is by the teachers. They really know how to teach us kids. Award ceremony I got a 4.0 for GPA. I really like this school, a lot and someday I will visit my teachers again. My homeroom teacher was the best. Mrs.Schwartz.

I love the fights they are hilarious the first fight was with achielious and marquis he bammed him on the ground a pounded the lil punk I laughed my socks off but my point is you have to fight for your freekin life look for every corner and most of all the girls look like grown men this girl looks like a freekin wood chipper don't look at her especially in the morning their is a gang that runs the hallway they love to fight if you send your child there don't get into a problem with anyone cause they will find you and don't disrespect teachers because they get disrespectful this boy deshawn constantly has problems with mrs Swartz he once came back from 5 day suspension and got a referral cause she claimed he skipped her class I currently attend this school for 6th grade 2012-2013 I have seen it all love hate fights and gossip if you want your kid to be a sweaty pie and not turn out to be a changed quiet kid to a UFC murderous intelligent all around swell kid like me don't send your kid here I beg you but I have to say the teachers encourage you especially in avid if your kid is smart ps I won the 2012-2013 spelling bee

Lake Shore is one of the best middle schools I've had the opportunity to work at as a substitute teacher. If you take a look around at the other middle schools in town, you'll know that isn't saying much but Lake Shore at least tries. As someone has already said, there is a huge disconnect between the teachers and the administration. The teachers are wonderful for the most part. Your child will learn from them. The failure is in the administration. There is a huge problem with discipline. If I send a kid out to the office because of behavior issues, they are sent right back to disrupt the class further. I've had entire classes walk out and the woman in the office just shrugged her shoulders. This should not happen. I think if the administrators got their act together, Lake Shore could be an amazing school. Until then, it's just slightly better than average (yet better than everyone else).

My son loves his teachers. Its the administrators who are not on the same page, therefore the learning atmosphere is incomplete. How can the teachers/parents/students ever implement a working plan of action if the administrators always have a diffrent idea, a diffrent voice or a diffrent agenda? Administrators should be more proactive to helping thier students achieve greatness at all costs, and not be so apt to share thier bad attitudes. They almost detered my son's awesome attitude for school by "grouping" him with other children physically "like" him instead of his grades and character. Now I have to "meet" with them all?

This school has the potential to strive for excellence. I believe with the proper structure from Teacher, Student and Parent involvement in the school and community the school came become and A school. Maybe the district should consider a new Principal.

Hi there, I'm a student at Lakeshore and I have been nothing but impressed. I am in all honors classes and this is my first year hear, and they've implemented new rules and regulations to keep things running smoothly. The curriculum is generally rigorous and challenging, although some things come easy, but teachers really care! The children can be talkative and on occasion disruptive but the teachers do their best to keep the peace in the classroom. I've seen two fights this year but generally, most students- if not all are exceptionally well-mannered- are civil. I do not consider myself a popular student nor a person who follows trends and wears the latest make up or follows the latest gossip or does things that a typical, cliche 'popular' girl would do, but I am kindly treated by friends and teachers alike and have many friends here that are great influences.

My Daughter is a 6 grader, and she loves the School and her Teachers. She pray ever nite for her School , Teachers and the Students for Sucess in learning and social awareness. Thank you

Last modified Lake Shore Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.