Jacksonville, FL

North Shore Elementary School 4

Posted August 19, 2011
I agree that this school does in fact have some issues to resolve, but I am content with my childs learning at this school. My son started in the first grade and was well below average in reading and man. By the end of first grade my son could read sentences (he could barely read a world in the beginning.) We have been blessed to have amazing teachers, he is now going into the 4th grade and I am excited to see what this year brings. My son is now a A-B honor roll student and I give all my thanks to the teachers at Northshore. There have been a lot of changes this year, they implemented uniforms, took out 6th to 8th grade and now 4th through 6th grade are upstairs with their own administrative staff, which I think will be a wonderful change. I do agree though aswell that the parents need to be more active in their childs education, but that should not be put on the school, the school is doing alot and have come so far considering the many obsicals they've had to to jump.

North Shore Elementary School 4

Posted June 22, 2011
As an involved participant at this school over the last two years, I can respond to the reviews previously written. Children come to school and behave badly with no support from the family. The teachers are overly qualified for the positions but have to continuously redirect misbehaving children. PTA membership was only about 5 dedicated parents; that goes to show the lack of support given not only to the school but also to their child. It is NOT the schools responsibility to PARENT a child, it is the PARENTS responsibility! I hope the people realize the ignorance shown in part by the parenting and not the school.

Posted March 11, 2011
My kids have attended this school since it opened as a Magnetschool. I wonder where all that funding when? It surely didnt go to the students, they paticipated the 1st few months then the school just stopped doing anything "Magnet" wise with the students. I found out "incidences" that occured on school grounds by my kids, this school failed to inform parents. I cant say exactly what they were or my review wont get posted, but feel free to email me as I have no problem sharing info with parents that need to know. Parents fist fight on school grounds. I have seen my kids grades drop, not get any better. I am happy to be removing them finally, this is a poorly run school, sad to say. Its a miracle the school board is NOW pulling the funding & the Magnet program. What they spent the funding on? is beyond me. Be advised before sending your kids. This has been an "F" school since the very beginning. If i knew then what I know now, they would've NEVER been enrolled, thats for sure!!

Posted December 01, 2010
THIS SCHOOL DOESNT CARE ABOUT THE CHILDREN .IT ALWAYS HAS FIGHTS AND THE TEACHERS DOESNT DO ENOUGH FOR THEIR STUDENT SAFETY.THEY DONT LEARN AT THE LEVEL THEY SHOULD BE AT.THIS SCOOL IS NO GOOD ME AND MY GIRLFRIEND ARE REMOVING OUR CHILDREN.THE SCHOOL THEY WILL BE ATTENDING IS AN A SCOOL COMPARED TO THE F SCHOOL HERE.

Posted December 11, 2009

Posted April 30, 2007
- a administrator

North Shore Elementary School
5701 Silver Plaza, Jacksonville, FL  32208
Last modified North Shore Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
North Shore Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top