Posted August 02, 2014
I used to go here from 1st to 2nd grade and this school was amazing. When I first moved to Florida I came from the Phillipines and didn't know very much English and I remember them taking extra effort to help me. There was no bullying from what I remember. Everyone was just so nice. By the way I'm in highschool now & this school really did leave a mark on me.

Posted April 01, 2013
The school provides several opportunities for my son to have a holistic growth and development. The academics and extra-curricular activities are well balanced and the teachers & staff are extra helpful. Parents like me are engaged in many programs and activities to support our kids growth as well as our community. This year is my son's last year in this school and he'll bring many wonderful memories with him. Kudos to all the teachers and staff of HAE.

Posted June 02, 2012
The Teachers and staff are unbelivable! I love this school!!!The principal rocks and is very interactive with the kids and adults!

Posted June 10, 2011
Really top-flight. Wonderful teachers in charming physical plant built in the early 40s and spotlessly maintained. Prinipal--RB Rhoades--is very progressive and loved by the children. Our child transferred to Hendricks from San Jose Episcopal Day School in Jacksonville last year. We found that the students at Hendricks were much better prepared than those at San Jose in math, reading and writing, and enjoyed much better enrichment opportunities. Why pay $9000 a year for a sub-standard private school education when you can send your child to a top-flight public school at no cost? Teachers email you at least twice a week and are always available to discuss your child's progress. I wish I could give this school a 6 out of 5. It certainly deserves it!

Posted October 07, 2009
Great school, great atmosfera.

Posted August 21, 2009

Posted August 13, 2009

Posted May 16, 2009

Posted January 13, 2009

Posted December 08, 2008

Hendricks Avenue Elementary School
3400 Hendricks Avenue, Jacksonville, FL  32207
Last modified Hendricks Avenue Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Hendricks Avenue Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 32 reviews.