Jacksonville, FL

Posted September 27, 2014
The worst school EVER! Teachers don't care about kids, principal is a joke, assistant principal Ms. Hicks is absolutely rude in fact no words can describe her, She should not be in that position.Please if you love your kids don't send them to this school. Is really, really bad!!! I cant even give a corner of a star rating.

Posted July 16, 2014
I am a teacher at this school. The staff is phenomenal and very knowledgeable. They work long hours without pay, pour over data to determine areas of concern and offer FREE after school help. You couldn't ask for a better, dedicated staff. This school is an IB Magnet school.

Posted May 20, 2014
I give this school no stars. The principle and vice principle are not on the same page. The office staff are rude and you have bout 1 out of five teachers that care. I would not recommend this school unless they change the head of the staff. They quick to write kids on referrals they don't try to help your child they just label them and throw them out to dry. If your an active parent they don't care they claim they are working with you and actual they don't. Its sad that Duval schools suck and that Duval make kids suffer when they are placed on a 504 plans or IEP plans. They have to suffer for an entire year before they qualify for the McKay Scholarship in order to get the proper help and attention they need. Once they have your kids label they are quick to just kick them out. You call the cluster of the school they are no help. You try to talk to the Superintendent the secretary want you to go back to the cluster she does not want to send your complaint over to the Superintendent. And they wonder why people are pulling their kids out of public and going to other counties or private and charter schools.

Spring Park Elementary School 5

Posted February 28, 2014
Teachers are good, dedicated, and responsible. My oldest son is in 8th grade and he went to Spring Park for elementary. My youngest son is in 5th grade now and has been at this school since Kindergarten. The teachers are inspiring to children, creative in their work, and willing to go beyond...I am very thankful...Thanks for all you do!

Posted February 26, 2014
My children are in different grades (1st, 4th, and 5th). They are all doing very well at this school. My children in 4th grade and 5th grade have teachers that are very responsive to me. I would like my child's 1st grade teacher to work on that a little bit.

Posted February 23, 2014
Super approach to children who have experienced a negative school experience. Teachers are awesome. They give their personal time to help children succeed.

Spring Park Elementary School 2

Posted January 13, 2014
Principal, although polite, has no backbone and teachers run the school. It is a small school, which is nice, but there are a few bad apples. If your child is in the IB program then you are good to go, but ese or gen end you get the bottom of the barrel for teachers. My child's teacher can't spell, use proper grammar, and is rude. How embarrassing to send home notes/correspondence to parents with spelling and grammar mistakes. I have asked for a phone call or an email and get nothing. Schools are only as good as its teachers. You may get a good one, but likely will get one that could care less and has the attitude that he/she can do whatever they want and still get paid.

Posted January 09, 2014
Both of my daughters go to Spring Park. We drive from just outside Jacksonville Beach so they can attend their IB Magnet Program. It is a smaller, neighborhood school, so everyone knows everyone. Adults know all the kids' names, even when they aren't even in their class. The IB Magnet program will also give them more of a variety of options for school programs when they move on to Middle & High school. My daughter always comes home & is excited to tell me about experiments and things they are working on in science. Her teacher also had an after school math group once a week on HER OWN TIME. Those are the kind of teachers I want my kids to have :)

Spring Park Elementary School 5

Posted January 08, 2014
We were thrilled to find out about Spring Park since we were looking for a magnet school with an IB focus. The IB curriculum is internationally recognized and this school filters into IB middle and high schools in the county. Although it's a good 30-40 minute drive for us, it is well worth it. We are not attracted to the cookie cutter private schools that so many are driven to. The exposure to the diversity in students has been an educational experience in itself. The office team, teachers and resources provided make for such a "home away from home" experience. We are thankful to have found this school through an article on the front page of the paper!

Posted July 17, 2013
Do NOT send your kids here. I went to this school for fourth grade and it was horrible. Teachers do not care about anything. Kids get bullied and they ignore it, when it gets to the worst point (physical) BOTH kids get in trouble even if they don't hit back. The teachers leave the kids alone all the time so most of the fights they don't see. This school is the worst thing you can do for your children so do not send them here unless you want them to fail in life.

Spring Park Elementary School
2250 Spring Park Road, Jacksonville, FL  32207
Last modified Spring Park Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Spring Park Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top