Southside Estates Elementary School 5

Posted November 23, 2014
Southside Estates Elementary School is an excellent school. I have identical twin granddaughters attending this school and they love this school. Their father(a single parent), and I love this school too. This school has an excellent principal, vice principal, teachers, coach, office personnel, cafeteria, custodians, etc. Everyone seems to be interested in the well=being of the students and family. A situation occurred which involved one of my granddaughters, and the principal, Dr. Washington and the vice principal, Mrs. DeLay, and the staff went to work immediately to resolve the problem and they did resolve it. My granddaughters came to Southside Estates from a private school and the progress they have made at Southside Estates makes the private school look like "no school." Thank you Southside!!! Pat,RN

Southside Estates Elementary School 1

Posted May 15, 2014
I posted a review before school started this year hoping for the best. Well this year has been the worst. No communication, teachers not caring or listening to the children, children getting hurt and it going unreported, only 1-2 day advance notice of pta meetings, school functions, field trips, etc, horrible parking situation. The new principal has no problem scheduling a meeting for you and listening to your concerns and saying it will be resolved but doesn't follow through to fix the problem. I really think the teachers that once cared are at the end of their rope with this school. I've even heard them complaining that the school has no funds to help with classroom supplies so they are having to use their own money. My sons class didn't have homework for 2 weeks once this year because their wasn't any ink for the printer. I'm assuming the reason his teacher couldn't ask another teacher for help is because she doesn't care anymore. If teachers aren't getting the support they need it will funnel down to non support of my child. I've seen it too many times already here. Enough is enough with this place. I am looking into other schools for next year.

Southside Estates Elementary School 2

Posted May 14, 2014
I have had many issues with this school. The MAJOR issues being the parking and the entrance to the schools parking lot. There gates are supposed to be open during the times of 8:00am -8:30am every morning. With only one of these gates open it causes a major traffic jam early in the morning, you have cars coming in and out of one lane, having to wait on cars to back up before you can even pull through. Students walk across this parking lot daily. This is a big concern of mine as I have already held a meeting with the schools Principal to resolve this matter and it still is closed during the times she told me it would stay open. This causes students to not only be late but puts them at more risk of being hurt. I am highly upset with the way the staff runs things around here. If a matter is brought up not only once but twice it should have been resolved by now.

Posted August 21, 2013
I have a 3rd grader at this School who also attended 2nd there after we moved from NC. At first glance it is not that appealing and I wasn't used to the outside classroom wings because it does not seem secure. My child did veru well at the school the Prinicpal last year was nice and handled any situations I had urgently and in a professional manner. There is a new Principal this year and I hope she is as nice and prompt. I LOVED my sons teacher Mrs McGruder she is now his 3rd grade teacher as well.. I could not be more happier because I know he will get everything he needs, she is very caring, she is agreat teacher and cares about each child and their education. My motto is to make sure the teacher knows you as the parent and get an understanding of expectations as a parent and teacher it will make the year a lot better than not being informed. Ask questions get involved in your kids education the teachers are there to do their kob we as parents have to do ours.

Southside Estates Elementary School 3

Posted August 16, 2013
They already have me aggravated .....I have two children attending this school and wanted to just drive up there ONCE to meet both teachers today. Well the NEW assistant principal said I couldn't meet up with the other teacher I would have to COME BACK up at 12:00 GRRRR. Drive back up there really how ridiculous is that I'm ALREADY UP THERE and have LOADS of stuff to get accomplished today. They should take in consideration that the parents with more than one child should be able to meet both their children's teachers at the same time so we don't have to make ANOTHER trip back. RIDICULOUS!!!!!

Posted August 06, 2013
southside estates is a great. the principal is great i love her attitude on things,and the teacher my daughter was great.she always had my daughters best interest at heart. if there was ever an issue it was solved. of cousre kids will be kids that will never change but the school was quite good for my daughter. we will have to see how this year goes....

Southside Estates Elementary School 0

Posted February 28, 2010
A lot of changes taking place with the new Principal. It disappoints me that Mrs. Latimer was sent to a new school and we were given a principal who has a record for D and F schools for 7 years. So she is sent to a school with an 'A' status? She changed my child's teacher starting in March. She could care less how I feel about it or any other parents and their concerns. I've asked questions and she refuses to answer or put anything in writing to the parents, at least the ones I have spoken with. I can't be the only parent with concerns. Is she willing to take responsibility for my child's education if he fails in his new teacher's class? I bet not! If there are other parents concerns, she will ignore you unless you write her a letter---not talk to her--write. Promises broken.

Southside Estates Elementary School 1

Posted February 05, 2010
They do not follow through. Your child is just a number to them.

Posted July 21, 2009
The school earned an 'A' grade this year due to the hardwork and dedication of all stakeholders. I am very happy with the teachers that work at the school. High expectations and individualized instruction are the norm.

Southside Estates Elementary School 3

Posted June 04, 2009
Southside Estates is a school that does okay socially, but not too hot academically.The teachers are wonderful and do a great job. I just believe they could have better standards.

Southside Estates Elementary School
9775 Ivey Road, Jacksonville, FL  32246
Last modified Southside Estates Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Southside Estates Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 24 reviews. Top