Jacksonville, FL

Posted August 26, 2011
This is my first year as a Hyde Park Parent and I am very pleased. The faculty seems to really care about the children and I have joined the PTA and I pledge to volunteer. My daughter is in Mrs. Durham class and she absolutely loves it. I am very happy to be a Hyde Park Parent. I believe as parents, we must remember, the schools need our support. You can't expect more than what you are willing to give. All learning starts at home. Go Wildcats!!!

Posted September 21, 2010
My daughter is in Kindergarten and Ms. Wilcox is her teacher. I think this is the best school I have ever been to. I went to the same school when I was little. They have a new Principal which I think is amazing. She communicates with ALL the parents and the students there seemed to be well behaved. I am a volunteer and on the PTA. Proud to be called a MOM of a star student at Hyde Park

Hyde Park Elementary School

Posted November 26, 2008
This is the most horrible school I have ever seen. The principal should have never been given a school the good teachers are leaving because of her and heres the kicker there is no communication between the school and the parents. And if they get out of after school actrivities early they will let your kid sit there all day and not call you!!!! I moved my kids because this school is so horrible.

Posted January 31, 2008
I'm a freshman now, and the things I learned from Hyde Park I still put to use today. The teachers here are not the type to let the book teach, but to rather do their job and stand at the board and teach. The disipline there also prepared me for years to come.

Hyde Park Elementary School 1

Posted August 08, 2007
My daughter attended this school, I have moved her, because this is the poorest run school I have ever seen. The Principal Ms. Mitchell, has no control over the students. They do just as they want too. She is never there and when she is there, you never see her. The office is the rudest people I've ever met. They never know the answer to your question or even try to find the answer. Its very clear they don't want to help you. The school is dirty.

Posted June 11, 2007
The academich programs provide rigor, relevance, and results for all children. Cathedral Arts provides many opportunities for students to enrich

Hyde Park Elementary School 2

Posted May 09, 2007
I'm sorry but this is one of the worst schools I have experienced. The Principal MS. Mitchell was never there and if she was she was too busy to see anyone. She never came to the award ceremonies for the kids or PTA meetings. I am a member of the PTA and I must say that the teachers did not involve themselves with our activities, but they always were asking for more and more for the PTA to do for their classrooms. Which is fine but I expected a little more participation. It was like pulling teeth to get parents to join the PTA. We did have a few dedicated room mothers. My own child has a portfolio, reading problem which was not addressed after meeting several times with the teachers. They said they were sorry to have dropped the ball. We will be going to another school next year.

Posted June 03, 2005
I have a 6 year old who attends this school and she absolutely loves it. She has learned so much and you can tell the teachers spend time teaching the students. They care about what the children learn.

Posted August 25, 2004
I have three children who attended Hyde Park,the youngest is still there. I am so impressed with this school, not only by it's excellent teachers and staff, but by the care and concern they have for the children. The principle herself, knows the children of the school by first name! She is wonderful with the children and I know that my children love and respect her very much. The teachers take a keen interest in the children, not wanting them to fall behind, they help them even on their own time. I know the teachers my children had were wonderful, from their excellent start with Mrs. Harding, to the end with Mrs. Salmon. The office staff, as hard worked as they are, are still very polite. If I were to grade this school, based on acedemics and everyone involved, I would give this school a strong A+ ! I know they gave and are giving my children a great start!

Posted September 09, 2003
My son attended Hyde Park and now his daughter is a student there and she loves it. So do I. The principal and teachers are the best and very involved with making sure their students succeed and excel in every way possible.

Hyde Park Elementary School
5300 Park Street, Jacksonville, FL  32205
Last modified Hyde Park Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Hyde Park Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top