449 students|Duval

Bad
Good

This is my first year as a Hyde Park Parent and I am very pleased. The faculty seems to really care about the children and I have joined the PTA and I pledge to volunteer. My daughter is in Mrs. Durham class and she absolutely loves it. I am very happy to be a Hyde Park Parent. I believe as parents, we must remember, the schools need our support. You can't expect more than what you are willing to give. All learning starts at home. Go Wildcats!!!

My daughter is in Kindergarten and Ms. Wilcox is her teacher. I think this is the best school I have ever been to. I went to the same school when I was little. They have a new Principal which I think is amazing. She communicates with ALL the parents and the students there seemed to be well behaved. I am a volunteer and on the PTA. Proud to be called a MOM of a star student at Hyde Park

This is the most horrible school I have ever seen. The principal should have never been given a school the good teachers are leaving because of her and heres the kicker there is no communication between the school and the parents. And if they get out of after school actrivities early they will let your kid sit there all day and not call you!!!! I moved my kids because this school is so horrible.

I'm a freshman now, and the things I learned from Hyde Park I still put to use today. The teachers here are not the type to let the book teach, but to rather do their job and stand at the board and teach. The disipline there also prepared me for years to come.

My daughter attended this school, I have moved her, because this is the poorest run school I have ever seen. The Principal Ms. Mitchell, has no control over the students. They do just as they want too. She is never there and when she is there, you never see her. The office is the rudest people I've ever met. They never know the answer to your question or even try to find the answer. Its very clear they don't want to help you. The school is dirty.

The academich programs provide rigor, relevance, and results for all children. Cathedral Arts provides many opportunities for students to enrich

I'm sorry but this is one of the worst schools I have experienced. The Principal MS. Mitchell was never there and if she was she was too busy to see anyone. She never came to the award ceremonies for the kids or PTA meetings. I am a member of the PTA and I must say that the teachers did not involve themselves with our activities, but they always were asking for more and more for the PTA to do for their classrooms. Which is fine but I expected a little more participation. It was like pulling teeth to get parents to join the PTA. We did have a few dedicated room mothers. My own child has a portfolio, reading problem which was not addressed after meeting several times with the teachers. They said they were sorry to have dropped the ball. We will be going to another school next year.

Last modified Hyde Park Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.