419 students|Duval

Bad
Good

Ramona is awesome i have been going there since kindergarten now i am in 5th grade and i have never made a c or below in my life we have an awesome principle Ms.Russ and if you are thinking about going do not hesitate :)

I understand that Ramona Elementary has experienced it share of transformations over the years. However, Fall of 2012 the school received a new principal that's child centered and able to build relationships with parents, students, and teachers. Students are responsible for their behavior and teachers have high expectations for all students. Everyone that enters the doors of Ramona are greeted with a smile. The school is working hard to increase their academic performance and everyone believes that after this year Ramona Elementary will no longer be amongst the lowest performing schools. I wish them all the best!

Ramona has a very positive learning culture for students. There are many incentive programs for students to give their best effort, and make the most of the learning opportunities presented to them. I believe that the 2012-2013 school year has been one of the best in the history of the school. The achievement data demonstrates that teachers are meeting the needs of the students. Time will show that this is one of the best inner city schools in all of Jacksonville! Way to go Eagles!

The worst school my child has ever been to!!!! If I could give this school negative 5 stars, I would! I wish I would have pulled my child out the first week he was there instead of waiting and hoping things would get better. He shouldn't have had to fall so far behind and he shouldn't have had to endure an entire year of bullying, threats and careless staff. THINGS WILL NOT GET BETTER!!!! THERE ARE OTHER OPTIONS!!!! You don't have to keep your child in this school! Look up or ask the school about - Opportunity Scholarship Program - Your child can transfer to a higher rated school in the area for free. - This school has major problems with bullying and the staff not doing anything about it. There are so many behavioral problems with the children at this school, it is impossible for a child to focus on any kind of learning. - Major problems with books being stolen too. The teachers know the students are stealing things and don't do anything about it. - Teachers take as many days off as they can and subs don't want to come substitute at this school. There is a VERY good reason this school is rated a 1 out of 10 on here. It really IS that bad!!!!

I am a substitute teacher who has worked at Ramona several times. Do not walk away from this school...RUN! This school is tied with Gregory Drive as one of the worst I've ever worked at. The students are allowed to run wild and there is no accountability for their behaviors. Even the safety patrols act poorly when they're supposed to be setting examples or everyone else. I've encountered several devoted teachers but with the classroom behavior as it is, I'm not sure how effective they are. Please find another school to send your children. Ramona will corrupt them.

i went here for all but 1 of my elementry school years. Most of the teachers are really good with a few acceptions i did not like the principal while i was there Mrs.Brady i dont know if she is still there or not. They have art P.E. and music . The teachers really care about the students and will always do what they can to help you out.

My daughter went to Kindergarten here. She loved her teacher Mrs. Houston and her friends. Theteachers and staff at the office were always friendly. They made me feel that my daughters education is important to them. The homework was simple but enough to teach her what she needed to know. I wish there were more homes for rent around that area so that I didnt have to move away and put her in a new school.

My wife and I have 3 extremley smart kids at this school. However, only one is reaching his level of academic achievement. Safety is nonexistent. Class rooms are over populated. By far, this is a terrible educational experience for our kids.

Last modified Ramona Boulevard Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.