Terry Parker High School 2

Posted June 19, 2014
I had a difficult time rating between 1-3 stars because there are several factors that are rather excellent at this school and some not, the latter favoring my vote. Which is why it came out to a 2 star rating. I've been attending Parker for 2 years now, going on 3 (making me a Junior) and the quality of my teachers has fluctuated within these past two years. I've had some teachers that made learning the easiest and most entertaining concept but I also had a teacher this year that made my learning experience in Algebra 2 simply an atrocity. Pros: Good art programs, SOME great teachers, good (for the most part) social environment, much of the staff cares greatly about their students. Cons: The education is sub-par compared to other schools, several teachers seem as if they shouldn't be there (I've had substitutes give better instruction than some of my actual teachers), there's a lot of bullying around campus which makes for a potentially unhealthy social environment. Apologies for this being so lengthy but I wanted to try and get my point across as well as possible. If you're reading, enjoy your day/afternoon/evening

Posted July 10, 2013
I just finished my first year at Parker as a freshman. I honestly love it. I think that we have a lot more going for us than people are giving us credit for. Sure we aren't the greatest but we aren't the worst. We have some very great teachers and students here. One of the students just won the Gates-Millennium Scholarship. We have a very good football and AMAZING basketball and baseball teams. We also have lots of sports teams, clubs, and electives to choose from. We do have and IB program and AP classes for all grades.There are hard working students, but like all public schools, we have the one who need a little help, if you will. We have school spirit like any other high school. Pep rallies are the most fun, especially when you are painted with Parker colors with your best friends cheering on your own school. It really is a great school. if you are thinking about going here, you'll definitely be welcomed by at least one person. And one thing I like about this school, is that we don't have the cliche popular girls, jocks, and nerd social statuses. We are all weird and different in our own ways. My only complaint is that Duval Schools need to be more proactive about our grounds.

Posted January 04, 2012
Terry Parker has a lot of potential. We've got IB that's going to bring our grades up immensly. The class of 2015 also has a good amount of brainiacs who are extraordinarily great at testing. It just REALLY needs to be kept up with on the building. That's a big one for me, PLEASE go for the new appliances and building up-keeps. The children who don't have any class are the ones who fight, and they get made fun of for it plus you know, security. So, I think eventually kids will get there acts together as Terry Parker becomes one of Jacksonvilles best! I love my teachers, and love all of the extra curicular activities too.

Terry Parker High School 3

Posted August 20, 2011
this school isnt the best but people its not the schools fault that there fights and drama

Posted July 27, 2011
THIS IS A BAD SCHOOL IF I HAD TO RATE THE SCHOOL I WOULD GIVE IT A 1 OUT OF 10 BECAUSE THEY HAVE BAD STUDENTS THERE TEACHERS THEY USE INAPPROPRIATE LANGUE . MY DAUGHTER USE TO GO THERE UNTIL SHE GOT JUMP BY THIS GIRL NAME JASMINE . THIS IS A BAD SCHOOL NEVER LET YOUR CHILD GO HER THEY WILL BE IN A ON SAFE ENVELOPMENT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BAD SCHOOL

Posted May 17, 2011
Terry Parker represents the Arlington community--diverse, civic pride that's fallen on hard times, economic struggles. There are a lot of hurting kids but there are also really talented kids--in the arts, academics, sports. I am impressed with the commitment of the teachers; several are Parker alumni and are there for the kids. It is a safe school under the leadership of Mr. Davis. Make sure to take the hardest classes you can manage and you'll find other students who he found a core of kids he want to learn--Parker has AP, IB, dual enrollment, Fl virtual school options.. My son came from a challenging private school overseas and at first he was shocked by the way classes were so easy and student's attitudes so bad, but he found some through band that are good kids also. He became more self-motivated and is taking Algebra II online. Sure, public school can wear you down but it's also a way to expose yourself to diversity and others less fortunate. Parent involvement, like at many high schools, is low, but there are core parents who are really there too. We are moving to Springfield but our son wants to continue at Parker.

Posted February 03, 2011
I came to TP two days in a row to get help for my cousin. The Wizard of Oz (Principal Davis) was out both days. The guidance counselor insisted we have an appointment though we were right in the office. I'll tell you one thing though who ever they have contracted to wax the floors, they are waxed really good. Other wise, The school reception is HORRIBLE.

Terry Parker High School 0

Posted October 13, 2010
take extra care to help children

Posted March 22, 2010

Posted March 08, 2010
This School is Horrible. The Teachers Are to afraid to teach they way they are suppose to. The Administrators wont let them have fun while teaching their students. The Discipline is awful. They Should discipline students the same if they do the same thing, especially together. I Learn More Out of School Rather Than in it. This School Is horrible, and if it was my choice I wouldn t go here!

Terry Parker High School
7301 Parker School Road, Jacksonville, FL  32211
Last modified Terry Parker High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Terry Parker High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 47 reviews.