Posted May 05, 2014
Woodland Acres Elementary School is an exemplary elementary school. I have found the teachers to be caring, concerned and committed. I take the opportunity to meet with my daughter's teacher every chance I get, develop a relationship with them and establish an open communication throughout the year. The principal have safeguards in place so that no random outsider can just walk to your child's class room or on campus as a matter of fact. My experience with the office staff, the principal, the teachers and everyone with whom I've come in contact has been very positive. The Principal is an amazing person, and he keeps the school well-maintained, and he is always available when needed. I am proud that my daughter is a part of the WAE family.

Posted February 26, 2014
This school is one of the best kept secrets in the Duval County Public School system. My daughter previously attended a private school. Woodland Acres has surpassed the private school by leaps and bounds. The school has great technology, wonderful science labs and still offers art, gym and music as part of the curriculum. The faculty and administration are eager to listen, develop the students and ensure each child's success. The administration strongly encourages parent participation. There are many family oriented activities throughout the year which are designed to integrate the child's classroom learning with his/her home environment. These include math counts night (practical math activities to increase proficiency on the go), pottery making (develop an appreciation for the arts), fitness and nutrition night (simple ways to create healthy snacks and exercise) and more. The school provides wonderful achievement incentives- end of year medals and trophies, quarterly certificates- all with special receptions. WAES is fantastic and I tell everyone I meet about this amazing institution of learning. Don't let the location fool you- this is a top notch school.

Woodland Acres Elementary School 2

Posted February 23, 2014
My son has attended Woodland Acres Elementary and has been bullied not only by his peers but his teachers as well. He came home one day with a head injury and NOT ONE adult could tell me what had happened to him.

Posted February 21, 2014
My son has been attending Woodland Acres for the past three years. Initially, I was skeptical about the school because at the time, it was rated as a "c" school. However, the magnet program has really changed a lot of things in the school. I like the principal, Mr. Feagins for his hard work. The teachers are awesome too! Everyone of them is dedicated to the success of their students. What I like most is the Saturday tutoring they offer weeks before FCAT. I also like the Team-up program. These programs have really helped my son to score 5 in reading and writing for two years in a row. I'm expecting the same results from him this year. Although, this is my son's final year in the school I will continue to recommend WAES to anyone who cares to listen. I'm so grateful that I made that choice for him. I have not been disappointed. What is more, my son loves going to school every day. He's one of their school patrols.

Posted August 23, 2013
Woodland Acres Elementary is a wonderful place for the kids to learn and grow. The principal is a great leader and has compassion for the students.

Posted June 05, 2012
This school is amazing...The new principle is a great leader and he is always visible. I have seen him going above and beyond his duties. My daughter teacher is great she communicates with all the parents and is always going above and beyond. My daughter is in the 1st grade reading at a 4th grade level thanks to the staff. The medical magnet program has also taught my daughter so much in the 1st grade....I cant wait to see what comes next....Special thanks to Mrs. Kogan and Mr. Fagans this school is on the rise thanks to the dedication you provide.

Posted February 02, 2011
I am very happy with the way the learning process is here. We have had nothing but the Best Teachers and it seems the school is getting better each year.I maintain involement with my children and the teachers to make sure that we all benefit from every thing that is offered. The Principal and Vice Principal are bringing Great leadership here.You cant expect the school to totally raise your child, you have a responsibility to be involed with what you child is doing. the Teachers and Staff are very helpful and always greeting you with a smile. Now that we are a magnet school I believe this will allow for Great new Goals to be achieved. thank you,Josh Bailey,Parent

Posted January 20, 2011
This is my 9th year with Woodland Acres Elementary. I have had 3 children graduate from here. I like to be very involved and volunteer on anything from field trips, & holiday celebrations, to PTA,SAC, and Parent Involvement meetings. I want to thank all the staff at Woodland Acres, 1st the Principle, who've I've been working with since she was a Vice Principle. 2nd the Vice Principle whom I feel will make a great principle one day. Also the Office staff for always greeting me with smiling faces. The Parent involvement liaison Ms. Brown, always very resourceful, and ready to give any information she can to help our kids at home as well as in school. And the awesome teachers that have helped my kids become confident, successful, and hard working students. They use Positive referrals as great incentives for the kids to do their best and make good choices. I appreciate all the help they give me. We ve worked together to achieve the success of all my children. My youngest will be going into 5th grade next year, and she is super excited about the new Magnet program coming to her school. It will be another Fun Adventure in her road to learning. Proud parent~ Anita Turner

Posted January 19, 2011
I find this school a great school, i had my doubts at first(from all the hear say) when my daughter started in k. she is now in 3rd and her sister is now in k. Our school has the Best Teachers and they go up and beyond what is called for.My children maintain straight A's due to my involvement and the hard work of these teachers. I am very involved with the school and my children, You have to be for them to suceed.you cant step in only once in awhile when a problem happens.You have to stay active in your childs life and schooling. The Principal (her 4th yr)and vice Principal(his 2nd yr.) have really stepped up to the plate with their strong Leadership,they have made this a safer school for our children they have also brought challenging academics now that we have became a Magnet school and i believe this will be the start of a great future for Woodland Acres Elementary School. My opinion is that we do need more Parents to take the time to be more involved with their children at school.The school welcomes all Parents and Grandparents,Aunts and Uncles into the school for Parent involvement. we love the school and staff . Thanks for all the hard work, Dawn Bailey

Posted May 27, 2009
My daughter is in 3rd and she loved her teachers and looked forward to school. She also has a love for reading, where as it was a chore before.

Woodland Acres Elementary School
328 North Bowlan Street, Jacksonville, FL  32211
Last modified Woodland Acres Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Woodland Acres Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 21 reviews. Top