813 students|Duval

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Develops character: Neutral

I wouldn't know because the teachers don't allow for parents to volunteer at the School.

The teachers have been great at this school. When I had an issue with my Daughter being bullied by other students I informed her teacher and it was taken care of she has not had any problems since. I am very impressed by this school.

Woodland Acres Elementary School is an exemplary elementary school. I have found the teachers to be caring, concerned and committed. I take the opportunity to meet with my daughter's teacher every chance I get, develop a relationship with them and establish an open communication throughout the year. The principal have safeguards in place so that no random outsider can just walk to your child's class room or on campus as a matter of fact. My experience with the office staff, the principal, the teachers and everyone with whom I've come in contact has been very positive. The Principal is an amazing person, and he keeps the school well-maintained, and he is always available when needed. I am proud that my daughter is a part of the WAE family.

This school is one of the best kept secrets in the Duval County Public School system. My daughter previously attended a private school. Woodland Acres has surpassed the private school by leaps and bounds. The school has great technology, wonderful science labs and still offers art, gym and music as part of the curriculum. The faculty and administration are eager to listen, develop the students and ensure each child's success. The administration strongly encourages parent participation. There are many family oriented activities throughout the year which are designed to integrate the child's classroom learning with his/her home environment. These include math counts night (practical math activities to increase proficiency on the go), pottery making (develop an appreciation for the arts), fitness and nutrition night (simple ways to create healthy snacks and exercise) and more. The school provides wonderful achievement incentives- end of year medals and trophies, quarterly certificates- all with special receptions. WAES is fantastic and I tell everyone I meet about this amazing institution of learning. Don't let the location fool you- this is a top notch school.

My son has attended Woodland Acres Elementary and has been bullied not only by his peers but his teachers as well. He came home one day with a head injury and NOT ONE adult could tell me what had happened to him.

My son has been attending Woodland Acres for the past three years. Initially, I was skeptical about the school because at the time, it was rated as a "c" school. However, the magnet program has really changed a lot of things in the school. I like the principal, Mr. Feagins for his hard work. The teachers are awesome too! Everyone of them is dedicated to the success of their students. What I like most is the Saturday tutoring they offer weeks before FCAT. I also like the Team-up program. These programs have really helped my son to score 5 in reading and writing for two years in a row. I'm expecting the same results from him this year. Although, this is my son's final year in the school I will continue to recommend WAES to anyone who cares to listen. I'm so grateful that I made that choice for him. I have not been disappointed. What is more, my son loves going to school every day. He's one of their school patrols.

Woodland Acres Elementary is a wonderful place for the kids to learn and grow. The principal is a great leader and has compassion for the students.

Excellent School !!! Very Good teachers and director. This place is beautiful and easy. Thanks

This school is amazing...The new principle is a great leader and he is always visible. I have seen him going above and beyond his duties. My daughter teacher is great she communicates with all the parents and is always going above and beyond. My daughter is in the 1st grade reading at a 4th grade level thanks to the staff. The medical magnet program has also taught my daughter so much in the 1st grade....I cant wait to see what comes next....Special thanks to Mrs. Kogan and Mr. Fagans this school is on the rise thanks to the dedication you provide.

I am very happy with the way the learning process is here. We have had nothing but the Best Teachers and it seems the school is getting better each year.I maintain involement with my children and the teachers to make sure that we all benefit from every thing that is offered. The Principal and Vice Principal are bringing Great leadership here.You cant expect the school to totally raise your child, you have a responsibility to be involed with what you child is doing. the Teachers and Staff are very helpful and always greeting you with a smile. Now that we are a magnet school I believe this will allow for Great new Goals to be achieved. thank you,Josh Bailey,Parent

Last modified Woodland Acres Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.