Jacksonville, FL
Students enrolled: 1,809

Posted June 09, 2014
my school is fun and that mostly depends on who you know. like if you make the right friends and you know the right people you will have a good time. and surprising when first attended i thought the kids were going to be rude and mean and dump us in trash cans but I was wrong. Most of the time they are friendly and they are curious about you like you are curious about them.

Englewood High School 5

Posted May 01, 2014
A very good school it has turned around a lot in the past few years and improved in academics and is trying to achieve a higher academic proceed.

Posted August 01, 2013
So far so good for Englewood. The office staff was very professional when my daughter and I went the check into registering with them and it seemed like they had control over what the students were or were not doing. Just remember this was our first time there and she will be a freshman this year so we shall see what the rest of the school year brings.

Englewood High School 3

Posted July 30, 2013
I attended this school, didnt enjoy the majority of the students but my guidance counselor was amazing and she still helps me out with everything .It was difficult for me to imagine college with my financial situation but she helped me get scholarships to pay for my college and I am SO thankful. She went above and beyond to ensure I would have a good future. And I am so happy that there was an angel in that school and she chose to watch over me.

Englewood High School 1

Posted January 31, 2012
This school was terrible. I attended it for ONE day before telling my parents I could not go there. I could see my education going down the toilet. The math teacher (for 11th grade-algebra 2) was teaching material I remember learning in middle school. They teach to the test, and the tests test to the dumbest. I remember one teacher sitting at his desk the entire class period reading the news paper. The environment was scary, I was scared for my safety. This school is a holding cell for kids before they turn 18 and can be thrown into jail. The staff is (mostly-there was one counselor I was very thankful for) unhelpful and uncaring. I was greatly disappointed, because I was very excited for the "oh-so diverse" atmosphere I had heard about. Although it IS diverse, it is not worth ruining your future to go here, though I know there are not other options for some people, and for that I am sorry.

Posted November 22, 2011
I graduated in 2003. Englewood was a great school back then, but I am sad to say that since I've graduated the feedback I've gotten about the school suggests that it has gone downhill very fast in the last 8 years. What a shame. We used to have great professors and the student body was pretty good. The administration was very caring for the students, though I've heard from current students that is no longer the case. There are still a few teachers and administrators from my era, but most have moved on and it seems like the ones they have been replaced with are horrendous.

Englewood High School 2

Posted August 05, 2011
I am very disappointed in the school. Some of the administration are in a power trip and don't care about the students' best interest. Some of the teachers are verbally abusive. Many of the students are violent and abusive as well. There are far too many fights. I have met a couple of great teachers, however, and I think the principal is trying. I feel sorry for the decent kids and teachers. I am trying to get my sons out!

Englewood High School 1

Posted September 20, 2010
This is the best school ever because kids are mean, I quit this school after repeating 9th grade.... kids always talked badly about me, teachers didnt even notice. some dude picked me up and put me in the class room. the teenagers who go to this school are whores, bullies, meanies. a teacher blamed something on me, but it was my desk neighbor who did it..... I think the teachers only pay attention to the work they give, not the students

Englewood High School 5

Posted October 07, 2009

Posted September 10, 2009

Englewood High School
4412 Barnes Road, Jacksonville, FL  32207
Last modified Englewood High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Englewood High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 46 reviews. Top