Jacksonville, FL

Posted April 11, 2015
I really enjoy working for this school they have a great ESE program. I love going to work every day knowing we are a team! all with a passion to teach and learn. I'm honored to be able to work with my peers as we change the youth for the better. I've only worked there for a short time but in the time that I've been there I've seen nothing but improvement from students and isn't that the main thing we're looking at here? the improvement of our students. I know there has been staff changes and we have a lot of first year teachers but I can assure you they're amazing at what they do just like everyone else on our team!. We have a great principle who does an amazing job at keeping things running smooth and fixing the things we all need to improve on. Everyone at SBM is working very hard to not only help the students meet state standards but exceed them.

Sallye B. Mathis Elementary School 4

Posted April 11, 2015
Sallye B. Mathis is a school set out to do great things. From the moment you walk into the school's door and is greeted by the smiling faces of either Mrs. Crumley or Ms. Battles, you can feel a sense of pride and respect for the school and its students. The principal is very welcoming of the parents. She is a determined fighter for the students of SBM and goes out of her way to ensure the parents are vested stakeholders in the academics success of their children.

Sallye B. Mathis Elementary School 1

Posted December 12, 2014
Do Not Send your child here...since the staff has changed ...the school has gone down hill...the motivation is gone, the grades have dropped...and the new staff members are disgusting. This use to be a model school...now it's just a pure dissapointment.

Sallye B. Mathis Elementary School 1

Posted December 11, 2014
This School had always been an amazing school for kids...until this year...The staff that they have now...spend more time torturing the children than anything and its not helping motivate them to want to go to school and do work. This has been the worst year ever at this school. They have destroyed a legacy.

Posted November 11, 2010
My son is in 1st grade and he is doing really really wonderful. His teacher is excellent and she is making him to study well. She keeps us informing about his progress almost daily basis. We are so blessed to have good teacher for my son.

Posted July 09, 2009

Posted November 17, 2008
I love the improvement in my son learning skills and his speech is great since ,when placed @ this school in 2 months.

Sallye B. Mathis Elementary School 0

Posted July 08, 2008
This school has an outstanding faculty and principal. They work very close with parents, and keep us informed about our children's pogress and where there's a need for improvement.

Posted January 15, 2008

Sallye B. Mathis Elementary School
3501 Winton Drive, Jacksonville, FL  32208
Last modified Sallye B. Mathis Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Sallye B. Mathis Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top