463 students|Duval

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

I have never sent my kids to a school like this, but I guarantee they WILL NOT return next year. My oldest son has disabilities and was supposed to have an IEP, it is almost the middle of the school year and he still doesn't have one. His original teacher quit within the first month of school and they have not been able to replace her. I had no point of contact for a teacher conference, no contact about his grades or performance. I have other kids in this school as well and they have good teachers, but the kids are very unruly and some are foul mouth with little to no consequence from what I have seen and heard from my kids. My oldest came home with a shank made from a mechanical pencil and a broken ruler. I was absolutely appalled. My children are not happy at this school. The uniforms are a problem too because they are khakis and a specific few colors of collared shirts. The problem I have with this is buying four of these uniforms gets expensive and when its time to buy new ones because the old ones are worn it is just too high of a price to buy so many. At my kids other schools they could wear whatever they wanted (inside of the normal dress code) and I could find those regular clothes at yard sales, goodwill, and second hand shops so they were not so expensive. Kids have few choices in the world, why take away the few they have? This school is absolutely dysfunctional with the exception of a few good teachers and staff who DO NOT get paid enough, I am sure, to do what they do and put up with all that goes on in this place. I will never send my kids back to this school again. Just as soon as this year is over (IF THEY PASS DUE TO THESE PROBLEMS) I will be sending them to a better school...if there are any in Duval county.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

Most are ineffective, but there are a few that are wonderful. This does not apply to those who work so hard.

I love cedar hills two of my children went there and loved that school and my daughter made so many friends and so did my son and I'm a sending my daughter to kindergarden there and its a safe place to be.

To say that I am disgusted at the attitude to The Constitution as envisaged by Ms. Cheryl Sabb would be an understatement.

This school is an Indoctrination camp for your children.Do not put your free thinking children in this school. They will come out brainwashed!

Cheryl Sabb, 4th grade teacher is said to have assigned her children to write, "I am willing to give up some of my constitutional rights to be safer". This is absolutely unacceptable. Supposedly an investigation is pending, but we shall accept no less than her resignation.

i think cedar hills is great my kid loves it there at that school

My son's teacher is a yeller, does not know how to speak to children, she yells at the instead of speaking to them, making it a lot more furstrating for the children.

They need more supervision in the classroom. Fighting occurs often and I saw very little improvement with my child's progress.

I think this school is great! When I switched my kids from the neighborhood school, my Kindergartner hated school and would not participate in class. My second grader was receiving mainly D's. Both kids have improved dramatically and now love school. Also, my preschooler is receiving the extra help she needed. The teachers and principle are wonderful. Keep up the great work!

Last modified Cedar Hills Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.