Jacksonville, FL

Timucuan Elementary School 1

Posted February 14, 2015
Also, on a few occasions teachers have taken items such as gloves and scarfs and haven't returned them. When asked about the items teachers go around in a circle placing blame.

Timucuan Elementary School 2

Posted August 29, 2014
I definitely do not want to slam Timuquan Elem, however other reviews seem a bit dated and a new view point needs to be available. While my child did fantastic in her learning at Timuquan, it's only by the grace she did. Her teacher changed every 9 weeks. Sad part was 2 of the teachers stole our hearts and due to children in the class that needed additional attention, they couldn't make it work. Another concern I had with Timuquan is the.end of day.dismissal. it's abysmal at best. Last year it took 9 weeks for them to find a formula that worked, this year no better. I cannot understand how a school over 20 plus years in teaching cannot find a system that works. As for the facility and staff, everyone we encountered were so nice. Teachers I'm sure are tit for tat. All I experienced were great, but I heard bad stories about others. If you and your child are attending Timuquan this year, I wish you a great year. However, if you find yourself frustrated at the end of the year, I totally understand.

Posted August 24, 2009
This was a wonderful school to my Children!

Posted November 27, 2007
This is my child's first year at Timucuan Elem. and so far his experience has been great. I have had one on one's with his teacher and she was able to explain to me the area's where my child struggled and where he excelled, and gave me, at home, projects that I could do to better my child and so far it is working!

Posted May 30, 2006
Timucuan is a great school it's modo is ride the waves of learning. I met the principal and she is great!

Posted July 19, 2005
This school provided an excellent atmosphere for learning. The teacher was well educated, intelligent, and caring. We even had her home phone number.

Posted March 20, 2005
This is my daughters second year and everyone has made a point to make her feel welcome. the principal Mrs. Kantor is a wonderful understanding woman i wish we had one of her for every florida school.

5429 110th Street, Jacksonville, FL  32244
Last modified Timucuan Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Timucuan Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top