419 students|Duval

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

This is the worst elementary school in jacksonville, they don't notify parents of award ceremonies if they even have them, no school activities for the children, no after school program, a teacher told my child that a c was a passing grade which it is but we want better in my house, I wasn't notified if my child grade(s) was dropping just received a report with a D on it this school needs help badly!

I'm actually a grandparent, but my grandchildren live with me. We love Highlands Elementary. It's a small school and as a consequence, the children get lots of individual attention. One of my grandchildren is in the Autism program, and the other in regular class. They have both attended since first grade, and we have been lucky to have great teachers the entire time, as well as principals. If you have any concerns, the teachers will work with you. They set high standards which challenge the children, and it shows as the ratings for this school get better each year. I wish this school went all the way through 8th grade!

This school is excellent and the Principal is an awesome man who truly cares about educating children.

Last modified Highlands Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.