Jacksonville, FL
Before care: Yes

Posted October 08, 2014
This is arguably the best elementary school in Jacksonville. It is a gifted and talented magnet school that feeds ultimately into Paxon or Stanton. A student need not be gifted to get into the school, but there is a strong emphasis on academics, math and science. Homework is every night and students have to be willing to work hard. The teachers are hand picked by the principal and I would match them with any school. The principal is strict and there is not a discipline problem at this school.

Susie E. Tolbert Elementary School 3

Posted July 16, 2013
I'm a parent of a current student this school I have witnessed two principal changes in the last two years. The teachers & staff are very dedicated to the students. With the new principal in Ms. Blackshear I expect nothing less than the best. She has been a wonderful principal at the sister school RV Daniels up until this year when she has now become principal at Tolbert. She is not only driven by success but also exceeding in excellence. Mrs. Kimery is one of the best math teachers ever. I look forward to this upcoming school year.

Susie E. Tolbert Elementary School 1

Posted February 22, 2013
Over the years the school is going downhill.The school is more of a baby sitting place with no challenging teaching.Teachers has no subject knowledge.Some studious children are there just to get an entry into James welden without any waiting,otherwise it would be always D school forever.

Posted July 26, 2012
i was a fifth grader this year but now im an eagle ive flown away from my little nest and i wanted to thank Mrs.Harter,Ms.Stewart,Mr.tai,Mrs.miller,and Mrs.harrison i love you all and i'm going to miss you all so very much i wish i could turn back time and change the way i was because i knew you all loved me and i love you guys so much miss harter you were like my second mother and i know i could come to you for anything wether its bad or good you were always there for me and right now im crying because while i was there i didnt show you guys enough respect if i could id do it right I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH and thanks foe making me the young woman i am today,LOVE BRIAUNCEY:)

Posted May 06, 2011
This is a long time ago (mid seventies even!) and I want to say if Mr Lumpkin, Mrs Wooten, Mr Hanson, and Mrs Bowden are all still there thanks. Those are 3 great teachers and a great assistant principal. And a great Geography/History Teacher (sorry I forgot her name). Thanks! I haven't forgotten you. LOL, we students had fun and learned too.

Posted March 18, 2010

Posted January 14, 2009

Susie E. Tolbert Elementary School 0

Posted October 01, 2008
I am disappointed with this school. We were so excited about going to Susie E. Tolbert. The curriculm has changed and we are not getting what we signed up for or what was promised.

Susie E. Tolbert Elementary School 0

Posted September 14, 2008
This is a great school. The teachers are wonderful, caring and professional. The school is alway clean free of debris in the hallways. My kids rarely come home sickly. Keep up the good work! My kids now enjoy going to school.

Susie E. Tolbert Elementary School 4

Posted May 28, 2008
I think Susie E.Tolbert is a great school! The person who left the review about the classroom being half and half has obviously never had his or her children attend. The Magnet classes are filled with children who are either Gifted or Academically Talented. Like previously stated, there are some neighborhood children, who are either Gifted or Academically Talented who deserve the right to be there just as much as anyone else. Unlike the Reugular Ed program, this Magnet Program works at an accelerated rate and is usually a half year to almost a full year ahead. There are Regular Ed classes for the neighborhood kids who are not in the Magnet program. As a parent who's there several days a week, I've never seen a fist fight during school, but have seen a couple after school. The staff and teachers are great, and my kids love it!

Susie E. Tolbert Elementary School
1925 West 13th Street, Jacksonville, FL  32209
Last modified Susie E. Tolbert Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades 3-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Susie E. Tolbert Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top