508 students|Duval

Bad
Good

I am a mother that struggled for years with a child that was denied exceptional student education while attending another school. He was placed in the STAR program and I must say the educational instruction that my son serviced was outstanding. Mrs. Penny and Mrs. Carter are truly gifted educators and although the children have faced many educational challenges they are a powerful force that impact the children in a positive way. The guidance counselor is a wonderful person she's a busy bee however she is working to ensure no child is left behind. My son was a success story being he can performing below grade level and in one school year he was double promoted to the 5th grade and performing on grade level. Thank you thank you to the wonderful teachers & faculty that helped my child in the time of need.

I have been very pleased with R.L.Brown Elementary. My oldest child has attended kindergarten and first grade and will return this fall for second grade and my daughter will begin kindergarten as well. The school offers Spanish, music, computer and art and the IB program is exceptional in its efforts to promote critical thinking skills instead of just rote memorization of facts kids will forget later. I overheard the Principal in the lunchroom one day trying to quiet the students and I greatly admired her approach of positive correction rather than bereating students as I have heard in other schools. My sons teachers were excellent. My son has ADHD and they showed great patience and understanding and worked with us to make sre his learning style and needs were addressed.

This school leaves a lot to be desired. This is a Magnet school, however, this is a political term for money to be disbursed or funneled to this school. Some of the staff do their best. I have had an experience where my daughter and her class was told by a faculty member "I hope you fail the FCATS." Out of frustration for the out of control behavior going on in the class. I am sure this left a lasting impression on the children.

This is the best school in Duval county! The IB program provides a blueprint for sucessful life long learners.

I have a 1st and 5th grader in the magnet program at R.L Brown. I can not say enough how much I appreciate their teachers and staff. My children enjoy going to school everyday to see what they will learn that day. They have a wonderful after school program with activities and homework study time. We travel 40 miles every morning just to allow our children to attend R.L Brown Elementary. Thank you...

Last modified Richard L. Brown Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.