Posted August 31, 2014
it has been a great experience for my son and set him up for college and beyond. The only down side is the sports programs, poorly managed and very unprofessional. I was sorry to see him give up team sports after many years but if the choice is sports or academics I am glad for the academics.

Posted August 30, 2014
Stanton is wonderful, although it is mentally challenging, they do it for a reason, and that reason is to prepare you for anything that may come. And the fact is that if you do IB, most people tend to skip the first year or two of college, which really saves you money and time in the long run. If you think about it now, the time you're spending on homework and essays and all of the academic work, you'll save that in college and you'll get to be the one doing fun things while others struggle through classes. And in college the classes are so large that you can't possibly get a one on one talk with the professor, but the staff at Stanton are always there to help you. There's so many safety nets instilled for everyone to do as well as they possibly can and the teachers are always there for you to ask questions and try to fully understand. The teachers may seem like they don't like you or they're rooting for you to fail, but they're really just teaching you about the real world and preparing you for that. All the staff is actually quite nice and respectful, especially our principal. She's the absolute best and she really wants us all to succeed. I'm proud to go to Stanton.

Stanton College Preparatory 2

Posted June 24, 2014
When I was here freshman year, everything was fine. I attended LaVilla and knew I didn't want to play an instrument for the rest of my life, so I chose Stanton over Douglas Anderson. I didn't do well in the AP I started out with because I had no choice in the AP I wanted. My worst subject is history. I'm just not good at it. So, I didn't do well, but I did well in all of my other classes. When sophomore year came, it all went downhill very quickly. I was given the worst teachers ever. Everyday, they would complain how the generation of students are getting dumber and dumber and would not help you at all. I have insomnia and I blacked out in one of my classes and when I went to my teacher to apologize for passing out in class, he told me he had no reason to help me. My grades went down as a result. So, many teachers here will put you down rather than try and help you. The education is great, I honestly loved the material I was learning, but I couldn't stand the teachers. They were all very unwelcoming and rude. I guess it was just a bad year, but it was bad enough to make me want to leave, and I left with lifelong anxiety I never had before coming here.

Stanton College Preparatory 1

Posted May 22, 2014
I have to say, this school was one of the worst schools I have ever attended. I attended this school for one year but ended up leaving not because it was too rigorous but because I was bullied and not a single administrator took any action against it. Their only goal is to maintain their academic rating and do not care about injustice or bullying happening in the school. One of the faculty members even tried to buy me off with lunch. I spoke with multiple administrators and because the people who were bullying me were strong in their academics and played sports, they took no action against them whatsoever. Sure, they have great academics but when you have people trying to get rid of your complaints by buying you lunch, it's pathetic. Leaving this school was one of the best things I ever did.

Posted May 17, 2014
Stanton College Prep is designed to challenge one's mind. It's simple; if you don't want to push yourself, do not attend. You have to be able to push yourself to get through all 4 years. They provide great teachers who motivate and encourage students, even though they seem like they hate you. It is a very hard school, but it teaches you things beyond the textbooks that you can rarely see in neighborhood schools. You meet several people that have complex cultural background, over half of our school is minority. This interaction provides you with an experience that you can not receive in a neighborhood school. Yes, it is stressful and there is a lot of work involved, but if you really want to succeed, or see your child succeed, send them here. I was a Varsity athlete 3 out of my 4 years (10-12) and I currently have a 3.56 GPA unweighted, I take all AP classes, I am a member of National Art Honor Society and National Honor Society, and I dedicate my weekends to volunteering and socializing. Time management is essential. But I suggest starting off in honors courses, and if you can handle that, move on to IB courses.

Posted October 05, 2013
Alright, I don't know why people complain about the hard work and the lack of connection between students and teachers. I am a Junior currently attending Stanton as an IB student. Honestly, as much as I hate to say it, Stanton is one of the best schools there is. I have a bitter-sweet relationship with this school. The work is overwhelming, and the facility may be a bit old, but besides that, this school is seriously awesome. It has challenged me mentally, and academically. Coming from a not-so-bright middle school did not really prepare me for this type of work. However, I had to force my way through it and now I am actually an OK student. I take pride in attending one of the top schools in the nation and you should too. If you do not want to be here, leave, there is other people willing to take your spot. Also, the teachers are amazing. I don't know what some of the people on here are talking about. Sure there's a few iffy teachers here and there, but a good majority of the teachers I've had have been amazing. If your child is failing, go to tutoring or instill in him a harder work ethic.

Posted February 13, 2013
i'm a senior at this school and the experience my vary, if your not a good student or one who cant keep up good work then the 4 years can be hard, im and ib student and at first i had a mixed experience first semester as freshmen, but if you find the correct path it will be a great experience, and the ib is so worth it, the college im going to, cause i did the Ib, I get to skip the first two years of my bachelor's degree, so only two years, but if you you the ib you are most likely skip 1-2 years of college

Stanton College Preparatory 1

Posted December 26, 2012
I am in my third year at Stanton and I can say without thinking twice that Stanton is by far the worst school I have attended. I moved to Stanton from a private school in Jacksonville and I can say that the teachers are not looking out for a student in the same way a teacher would at a school such as Episcopal or Bolles, and that the students found at Stanton cover a broad spectrum from the highly competitive to the druggies. I wish to leave Stanton but sadly as a result of the sky high tuitions at my former private school I am locked into one more year of this horrible school.

Posted August 29, 2012
This is a really good school and will prepare you for college. It may be overwhelming at first but you will be successful after high school. This is an amazing high school and I highly reccomend it! Hard working students and good enviroment!

Posted March 19, 2012
Stanton was definitely the best experience of my life. In response to some of the negative posts, I will say that not all teachers respond the minute you email them. However, it is a college prep school and I have found that my professors at FSU certainly don't always respond quicky, if at all. However, everything about the school is just wonderful. Some of the sports are excellent. The theatre department is amazing and always successful. What is more important is the environment. Every student at Stanton is there to learn, and to go to college. Having that sort of positive network of determined and driven students definitely had a positive effect on me. Also, I know many students who were inspired by the mix of various cultures at Stanton. The school spirit is always high, the lack of discipline issues is great, and the guidance department is absolutely phenomenal. Both my brother and myself attended Stanton (he was in IB, I was in honors), and it was the best decision possible. Go Blue Devils!

Stanton College Preparatory
1149 W 13th St, Jacksonville, FL  32209
Last modified Stanton College Preparatory is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Stanton College Preparatory Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 74 reviews. Top