694 students|Hamilton

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

Teacher effectiveness: Agree

90% aren't worth going to 1% are and 9% are worried about not helping but finishing material no matter how the students feel or understand.

Amount of homework: Disagree

Homework assignments in every class even with sports is not a good combination. Even with smart kids.

Well considering the fact that the teachers don't do their jobs as they should and my schedule is horrible and thieves are at our school. First off, My English Honors class put grades in the ending of November. Its winter break and she still hasn't gotten grades in. My liberal arts teacher is "ifie" "ifie" she helps but complains about my class then she'll go and rant about how the class won't listen and about how we are all bad. Yet, I listen because I know the material. And I find her annoying on some levels. If one of your students is smart and she doesn't get the material (not me my partner) and the teacher stops and helps her for 30 seconds then teaches would you cheat or sit there and not do anything (if you don't the teacher will write you up and ISS you go). Mr. Daniels is one of the best teachers there he let's you loose with your work that already has instructions. My friend is missing a phone that someone took out of her bag. All because the girl wanted to steal. In my Culinary arts class I buy food and bring it to my next class if I have food I get trampled and asked for it when I alone spent my money for it. All and all the school is worst than Jefferson (about as bad as their sports teams).

Hamilton County High School is a great place to be teaching! Working here is like being part of a big family. The teachers and administration care very much about the students and their families. The expectations for learning are high and most students are eager to learn.

A total mess. Even with new administration. Bullying is out of control, when it is reported it is swept under the rug because the offenders are the "good old boy or girls kids" the middle school girls are the worst. This district will end up in the news for bullying. Teachers struggle with academics trying to just get the class under control. I gave it 1 star for the Ag department at least that seems to be under strong direction. We moved here thinking it was a better place for our kids but 1 year into this train wreck we will be moving to a private school.

I do like this school and you can get a good education but I would rather have my child at this school overall any school because it has more teachers than the average high school probably!

I am a student at this school, it's an okay school but if you read the comments below, you can see how well the children are being taught. -example-The teachers here take thier time to make sure you understand what is being teached.--- yea, shouldn't that be taught, not teached? ----o another example--are princepal would show u dicpline-- are should be are, and princepal?-- I'm not trying to be harsh, I'm just trying to point out that we could do a lot better.

hi hamtion county high school is great u get a good education and good food and are princepal would show u dicpline thats why i love going there i wish we could start back school early because i will love too be at hamtion county high

I've just graduated from HCHS in 2009 and, I must admit, it left an impact on me. The teachers did their jobs spectacularly, the students are better than you'd expect, and it's an all-around good place to learn. I recommend Hamilton County High School heavily. --Justin T.

I had children, attend this school, I graduated from this county school district, and I have had four siblings graduate from Hamilton County High School. I m a retired Lieutenant Colonel U.S.Army, graduate of Florida State University....My Sister is a 4 year national merit scholarship winner and now a retired IBM Executive....My youngest brother is a regional supervisor of a major electrical company covering three states, my younger sister is a registered nurse and head nurse of dialysis serves in the three county area, my older brother is a certified electrician working industrial electrical wiring and maintenance. My daughter is a 4 year scholarship recipient interning in dietetics and will be fully registered dietitian next year. You Can Get an Education at Hamilton County High School....IF You WORK at it and take what the teachers have to give.

Last modified Hamilton County High School is a Public school that serves grades 7-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.