Jay, FL

Jay High School 3

Posted June 13, 2011
Jay High School is probably one of the best schools I ever went to. Some of the things I disliked though, were that the coaches that were also teachers didn't really spend time on helping the students as much on academics as much as sports. The best thing about this school is probably the amazing band program. The band director is amazing and she actually makes school fun and tries to help the kids not just with thier musical studies, but with thier academics as well. Also, the students there are very caring and hate to see thier friends go. Other than a few rough spots, Jay High School is a pretty good school.

Posted August 09, 2009
Best school any of my children have ever gone to. I have had to travel all over the U.S. I have found that Jay High cared more, helped its students, was informative to parents. If I could do it all over again I would make sure all of my children grew up in Jay.

Posted April 05, 2009
The band director is a very lovely woman she is nice.She does not bully the students she actually has fun with the kids and stands up for them and helps them out in every way possible. She never promises the kids anything. my daughter is in band and she loves it so much. And the reason why they only march in local parades is because she does not want to over work the kids! I think Jay is a wonderful school!!

Jay High School

Posted October 23, 2008
What a wonderful school. My daughter attends here and is in the high school band. She loves it, we love it and we love all of her teachers too and this small town. What a great place to live and raise a family.

Jay High School 3

Posted February 22, 2006
Safe school, very parental influenced. Everyone knows everyone. Curriculum probably not taught as well as bigger schools. Lots of individual attention though.

Jay High School 2

Posted July 08, 2005
Not a lot of diversity but a very safe school. Everyone knows everyone, teachers and office staff are great.

Jay High School 2

Posted June 15, 2005
I graduated from Jay High School in 2000 continued on to Florida State University. I was surprised to learn that I had not received the education that most of my peers had received. Most of my teachers at Jay were coaches, and most of the focus was on sports. I was very disappointed that I had a lot of catching up to do after I received my high school diploma. However, the faculty (personality wise) really is great.

Posted March 13, 2004
'The band director at our school is one of the greatest teachers there. She has NEVER promised to start a jazz ensemble or an indoor percussion. She has suggested that she wanted to start one but our band has never had the time or money to do that. It's parents like the one above that need to stop there complaining and help us raise money so she can actually promise us those extra activities and wouldn't have to be called a liar by some parent that has a liar for a child/children. Next time you start acussing her of things that aren't true why don't you get all of the facts about it first. And instead of complaining about what your precious child has told you try becoming a band booster and getting to know about everything before he/she has a chance to lie again.'

Jay High School 4

Posted February 01, 2004
Overall the teachers are very knowledgable, approachable and helpful. There are a couple of teachers that do not need to be in the profession. One in particular that likes to single out a student for the purpose of humiliating and bullying them. She seems to find someone to pick on in every class. The band director is known for making promises and not keeping them, i.e. starting an inside percussion line, starting a jazz ensemble and taking class trips. She also never allows them to march in anything but the small, local Christmas parade when the students would like to try bigger parades in other areas. My child complains that they rarely play their instruments in the 4th period class because the band director is too busy socializing. I have heard these same complaints from students who have graduated. The history teachers are absolutely wonderful, making it a living subject. The english teachers also. I do not like the fact that the elementary kids ride the same buses as the high school kids. They get quite an education on the buses as you can imagine.

Posted August 10, 2003
Both Jay H.S. and Elem. are wonderful schools. I couldn't ask for a better place for my children to learn. Everyone (Teachers/Parents) works together to improve our children. But, most of all, the Teachers are very involved!! Thanks so much Teachers/Administration of Jay Schools. BG

Jay High School
3741 School Street, Jay, FL  32565
Last modified Jay High School is a Public school that serves grades 7-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Jay High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top