Jay High School 3

Posted June 13, 2011
Jay High School is probably one of the best schools I ever went to. Some of the things I disliked though, were that the coaches that were also teachers didn't really spend time on helping the students as much on academics as much as sports. The best thing about this school is probably the amazing band program. The band director is amazing and she actually makes school fun and tries to help the kids not just with thier musical studies, but with thier academics as well. Also, the students there are very caring and hate to see thier friends go. Other than a few rough spots, Jay High School is a pretty good school.

Posted August 09, 2009
Best school any of my children have ever gone to. I have had to travel all over the U.S. I have found that Jay High cared more, helped its students, was informative to parents. If I could do it all over again I would make sure all of my children grew up in Jay.

Posted April 05, 2009
The band director is a very lovely woman she is nice.She does not bully the students she actually has fun with the kids and stands up for them and helps them out in every way possible. She never promises the kids anything. my daughter is in band and she loves it so much. And the reason why they only march in local parades is because she does not want to over work the kids! I think Jay is a wonderful school!!

Jay High School 0

Posted October 23, 2008
What a wonderful school. My daughter attends here and is in the high school band. She loves it, we love it and we love all of her teachers too and this small town. What a great place to live and raise a family.

Posted August 19, 2008

Jay High School 3

Posted February 22, 2006
- a former student
Safe school, very parental influenced. Everyone knows everyone. Curriculum probably not taught as well as bigger schools. Lots of individual attention though.

Jay High School 4

Posted November 12, 2005

Posted August 23, 2005

Jay High School 2

Posted July 08, 2005
- a former student
Not a lot of diversity but a very safe school. Everyone knows everyone, teachers and office staff are great.

Jay High School 2

Posted June 15, 2005
- a former student
I graduated from Jay High School in 2000 continued on to Florida State University. I was surprised to learn that I had not received the education that most of my peers had received. Most of my teachers at Jay were coaches, and most of the focus was on sports. I was very disappointed that I had a lot of catching up to do after I received my high school diploma. However, the faculty (personality wise) really is great.

Jay High School
3741 School Street, Jay, FL  32565
Last modified Jay High School is a Public school that serves grades 7-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Jay High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top