853 students|Palm Beach

Bad
Good

Posted November 18, 2015
I was surprised to see negative reviews for JTE. I'm truly thankful to the school. My daughter started KG in 2015 and the school exceeded my expectations. Her teacher is amazing! I can say that communication with her is excellent. She replays to all my emails and txt messages (through Remind) within 24 hrs even on the weekends. She is proactive and very patient with the kids. My daughter had a bulling situation and as soon as I talked to her teacher, she promptly solved the issue. My daughter seems to be very happy, she loves Arts class and she enjoys the after school program. I can't be a happier mom.

Posted February 27, 2015
Where to begin. First, this review echoes other reviews of parents that have been critical of the school. See yp.com. Even with all the standards set by the District and the State, it's shocking that my child has not had a proper agenda all year. My child has adopted a new "Aim Low" attitude by observing his "Aim Low" teacher, endorsed by the "Aim Low" administration. My child is not learning here. This entire experience is devastating to me and other parents that understand what quality education is. Here, the Prinicipals are not advocates for children. They are rather bureaucrats that de-escalate all issues to being minor and therefore not needing to be addressed at all. The administrations charter is literally to keep the institution functioning, with as little change as possible. If you were thinking about moving to Jupiter so that your child can attend this school, reconsider. You could buy a house in many other areas, with lower property cost and taxes, and use that saved money to attend a private school.

Posted October 23, 2014
The last impression we had of the school was at our daughter's 5th grade graduation where we sat through the bulk of the ceremony listening to one self important teacher offer a bizarre speech about her students (or, should we say; about herself). No other teacher had apparently been given that opportunity. After being subjected to this rant, exceptional awards went to the majority of this same teacher's students. We were proud of many other, deserving; great athletes, scholars, artists, and well accomplished students who acted as good sports and cheered for their peers, no matter what. We hope this teacher had a nice time, filled with plenty of self-affirmation until next spring, where she can fill ger unwarranted ego again. The event summarizes Jerry Thomas Elementary school. The school is filled with a handful of cronies, who aren't even proficient teachers. So sorry for all the other great teachers and students!

Jerry Thomas Elementary School 3

Posted August 18, 2014
This is a good school but the parents are very low in their conduct there are guys calling their ex by every name they can find in the book in front of kids. Sometimes the road rage is awfull too police don't do nothing about it as if they are not there.

Posted January 07, 2014
School staff needs training across the board for individual learning and emotional needs of the students. Children with needs are labeled and treated as a nuisance as are their parents who are in need of support and guidance. Leadership is weak and entitled, negative, and uninspired teachers need to be replaced with fresh blood who understand the true reason they are there is to teach rather than complain about students and parents, collect a paycheck, and have a heck of a lot of vacation time to boot!

Posted November 17, 2013
Your site professes to publish negative reviews, but you have not. This does degrade your credibility. The last reviewer is correct that this school is declining under the poor current leadership. Additionally the public should know this before investing in a home in this district. The school district has elected not to do anything about this issue so the public and our children are adversely effected. I would recommend avoiding this school.

Jerry Thomas Elementary School 4

Posted July 26, 2013
Our great school is now a "B" school. This school has a long history of great students and teachers and strong parental support. Unfortunately a recent change in leadership has started a downward trend. The principal has let go good teachers in favor of her cronies and drinking buddies. What a shame.

Posted May 18, 2012
My son is in Kindergarten and will be starting 1st grade in August. All I can say is that this first year at Jerry Thomas has been AMAZING!!! He has gained a tremendous amount of knowledge, and that is all Thanks to his Wonderful Teacher { Ms. Birchenough }. She understands who your child is as an individual and works with that. I'm VERY Grateful to have had her as my son's Teacher, and I will be very sad when June comes around. The school itself is Wonderful and Safe for the students. Everyone in the office is always so kind. We are very proud to be apart of the Jerry Thomas Tigers *Family*!!!

Posted May 27, 2010
Awesome % star A rated school. Love the teachers! We have been there 3 years & have loved every teacher my daughter has had. Great PTO, great Fun Fair. The ground are well maintained & I feel the way it was laid out & designed is very SAFE for the students.

Posted April 26, 2010
What can I say? - I have almost 600 hours in as a volunteer this year. The Principal, Vice- Principal, and teachers have all done a tremendous job educating JT students. This is a school that really cares about making a difference in a child's life. I feel blessed to have my grand daughter, and next year, two grand daughters at this school! We need you grandparents - volunteering shows you care too!

Jerry Thomas Elementary School
800 Maplewood Drive, Jupiter, FL  33458
Last modified Jerry Thomas Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Jerry Thomas Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 33 reviews. Top