Jupiter, FL
Students enrolled: 1,186

Posted June 01, 2015
There are no ways to start off, i am a student here and i am going into 9th this year. The teachers are terrible, you never learn anything, the Administrators never care what you do until you do on little slip up. I got a detention because i "lied to the sub about where i sit" other people get detintions for chewing gum and suspensions for so called "harrassment." this girl caused my friend to get OSS because he "pushed her against the wall and threatnend to smack her" she fake cried and they believed her. they dont get down to anything. the only good Administrator is Mr.Marino. he is great. - Submitted by current 8th grade student

Posted January 30, 2015
Terrible administration. Profanity throughout the school. Nothing is done to support incoming 6th grade students, especially boys. My son had the highest scores on FCAT in Science and Reading in 5th grade and is gifted. He entered this school and is failing and the teachers do not care. Horrible science department. I have friends with boys in 6th grade and have same complaints. We all have graduate degrees, some from Ivy league schools and we hire private tutors. Still our boys are failing AND THIS SCHOOL, TEACHERS AND ADMINISTRATION ARE DOING NOTHING AND DO NOT CARE!! DO NOT SEND YOUR CHILDREN, PARTICULARLY YOUR SONS TO THIS SCHOOL!!!!!!!!
3 people found this helpful

Posted December 26, 2014
This is the worst school ever! How do I even start off.... There was this 8th grader who harassed me and I told the principles about it and they did NONTHING about! I have to go to after school compass because I "failed my math test" because they never teach us they give us papers and they never explain it and they give you a detention for everthing! And they yell at you for doing NONTHING! It's so stupid this is the worst school ever I hope they do new changes to it
3 people found this helpful

Jupiter Middle School 5

Posted March 26, 2014
it is very nice no bullys nice throung out year me and my 8 friends rate it 10 out of 10

Posted March 25, 2014
i have this school worst ever. 1200 characters cannot even begin to describe how awful this school is.

Posted March 05, 2014
I'm currently an 8th grader at Jupiter Middle School of Technology, I was bullied in 6 grade ALOT and 7 grade somewhat, but in 8 grade the teachers are bulling you now, I did one thing wrong and the teacher pointed me out in front of the whole class and oretty much called me stupid. And the new principle is HARIBLE, I had a problume with one of my classes becasue they apperintly they put the wrong kids in some elictitives, and now everytime she see's me she'll give me a mean stare, and if i put my backpack on and my shirt comes up just ALITTLE bit she says "Pull your shirt down! I shouldnt see your skin!" and its not even like I had time to pull it down before she saw me. I can honsestly say the a lot of kids dropped out of JMS and went to online school or private school. We used to be able to hang out with friends in the morning outside infront of the school (like any other middle school) and now 6th & 7th graders have to sit in the gym and 8th graders have to sit in the cafeteria and most of the girls wait in the bathroom because they dont want to sit with someone they dont want to sit with, then someone goes in there and yells at all them. Cant eh atleast stand in the bathroom?

Posted February 19, 2014
This school is a prison teachers are lazy they do not teach anything ad the school lunch is for rats!

Jupiter Middle School 2

Posted November 05, 2013
What type of school is this? First of all don't be fooled by our "academies" we don't do technology. Heck, our internet is down half the time and our computers are slow. So if you like technology this is NOT the school for you. We might as well be called JMS. Our teachers are okay, when they are at school. In sixth grade I didn't have a math or science teacher. Our new principal has made some changes that many of us are not fond of. A year ago we were allowed to stand outside. Now in the mornings we must sit in a crowded gym or cafeteria, where half the time we end up having to stand against the wall of the cafeteria. Yet, the new principle has made the school a lot better then what it was before. My last complaint is just brick walls and lack of windows. If you want to get vitamin D everyday this is not the school for you. Have you ever wondered what its like doing to a dark prison? Well Jupiter Middle's dark brick hallways will give you that amazing experience. Over all the school isn't horrible most of teachers are good and I have received a great education having taken 5 High School classes there. Just don't be fooled by the "Technology".

Jupiter Middle School 4

Posted November 05, 2013
I'm hoping to send my second child to JMS which is out of our zoned area. The teachers at JMS have really impressed me and volunteering inside the school has helped me see how effectively the staff works together. We zoned for the "best" area school and i am very pleased we chose JMS. My child has fewer social issues at her school and teachers are involved and responsive. A child who wants to learn will be challenged. Yes, I wish the public schools had greater resources, but a tour will show how well JMS is deploying it's allocated funds.

Jupiter Middle School 2

Posted November 04, 2013
Needs a lot of improvement. Jupiter Middle School of "Technology?" Yeah right... the little "technology" we have are always breaking and never being replaced. The school only breaks out borrowed gadgets when the news cameras are here. The teachers (most of them) are OK and the principal is fine. The guidance counselors are generally terrible. Also, expect at least one bus to be around an hour late to school after school. The students then have to sit on the hot sidewalk, waiting for the awful driver to arrive. It's improved since I got here (especially once they got rid of the old principal), but it needs a lot more work. During sixth grade, we gifted kids had 2 teachers who left in the middle of the year and we had random subs who knew nothing the rest of the year. Basically, they tend not to care that much about the students. -Current eighth grader

Jupiter Middle School
15245 Military Trail, Jupiter, FL  33458
Last modified Jupiter Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Jupiter Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 49 reviews. Top