Posted October 24, 2014
I can only speak from my own experiences, but I would rate this school and it's staff at 5 stars without hesitation. We had two children attending here from 3rd through 5th grade, and both my wife and I couldn't be happier with the education they received. My son has special needs, and he got all of the extra assistance he needed. The teachers were wonderful and caring, when my son's class went on the 5th grade trip, his teacher told me that she would watch out for him as if he were her own child, and she did. I can also say that I've spoken to many other parents who had children attending Beacon, and the vast majority feel the same way. In my opinion, this is a great school!

Posted June 05, 2014
Wow, so sad to read the reviews as our family has had the most fantastic experience with BCI. We have several children, & have been there for 6 continuous years & have found the teachers to be extremely generous with their time, giving to each of the students' individual needs, & find them very open minded about a wide range of issues from severe autisum to food allergies. Our family has seen nothing but compassion come from the teachers. We also feel the gifted program is not from the 1950's rather the classes seem to be from the future. These kids have done things in class where they think outside the box with a variety of lessons ranging from insulators & conductors, civil engineering, creating friction, solutions to chemical changes in varying states of matter. BCI produces kids who are capable of solving world problems, they run for office in the classroom, do speeches, & discuss ways the Earth can be saved in the future by using ideas from these very children! Some would say they were RARELY in their seats as they are creating, inventing, & thinking in groups around the classroom, science stations, or building futureistic inventions. For our family BCI gets an A+

Posted May 23, 2014
Teachers are terrible! I have seen teachers screaming in a child's face as I was walking down the hallway. Teachers will recognize, praise and reward their favorites, and the rest of the students are ignored. Awards are given out fairly often, yet my son went there three years and never received one. He is an A student who follows the rules, but is ignored for some reason. Beacon Cove has made him feel he is not a worthy individual. I have two older children who were the teacher's "favorites" going through BCI, now I know why people complain about this school so much. My son is an ese student and has to attend speech class. I imagine this is why the teachers mistreat him so much. The immaturity level of these teachers is hard to believe.

Posted November 19, 2013
We pulled our child out of this school after only a month and are happy we did. I can only speak of the gifted program, which is like a prison of fearful children sitting silently in desks all day long, cranking out worksheet after worksheet and following a militant set of rules enforced by fear tactics. There is absolutely no creativity, innovation, or modern methodologies happening here (we moved from an excellent school system in CT); it feels as if you have travelled back in time to the 1950s. The focus is FCAT prep, every day, year long. My daughter is a smart, social, and responsible child and her teachers here were literally crushing her spirit and love of learning. We moved to Benjamin School and she is thriving again.

Posted August 14, 2013
I was not only happy about the location and cleanliness of this school but the staff and programs offered. Not only do they have the best after school care program EVER, the school's respect for each pupil, parent and teacher leaves much to be admired. I am so glad my son went there for 2 years and was not disappointed at all.

Posted March 22, 2013
I am truly unhappy with this school. My child is an 'A' 'B' student and also has ADD, tourette's and Tic disorder. While in the meetings, they sing praises, my child is constantly getting 'check marks' for bad behaviors, yet it's never brought to my attention. The teachers are all about the gossip and who's who and the principal has not been helpful whatsoever and in fact is very dismissive. I feel that the administration takes the word of one parent or child and runs with it instead of addressing it with the person involved. I cannot WAIT until the school year is over and we can leave that school once and for all.

Beacon Cove Intermediate School 4

Posted February 08, 2013
I have been fortunate enough to volunteer as a docent at the Flagler Museum in Palm Beach for 10 years now. This morning I took one of the 4th grade classes at Beacon Cove on a tour and was unusually impressed by not only their level of preparation and enthusiasm, but by their exemplary conduct , behavior and conversation. I found these children to be easily on a social/academic "par" with students at the very prestigious Benjamin School. I now must coerce my daughter into moving to Jupiter so that my grandsons might attend this extraordinary school.

Posted January 25, 2013
One should take the comments by a few disgruntled parents with a box of salt. One parent couldn't find one thing to praise and you should always be wary of that kind of comment. My son is now in fourth grade there and we have found it to be an extraordinary public school and certainly on par with most of the privates in the area. Terrific gifted program, caring teachers and administrators. The one drawback might be the After Care program. My son loved the After Care at Lighthouse Elementary, but was extremely unhappy with Beacon Cove, so we were forced to withdraw him. I have heard this from several parents. This should certainly be addressed. Otherwise, we have nothing but positive things to say about this wonderful school.

Posted May 15, 2012
I love this school! I am currently a gifted student in 5th grade and everything went well. My math and social studies scores got a lot better and the teachers are strict but great! Mr. Viera is the best teacher there.

Posted September 03, 2011
Completly unsatisfactory. Bad food, rude teachers, pay for overpriced extra curricular activities, long pick up and drop off waits,constant solicitation of money, no activities at recess, students asked to draw or talk while teacher "catches up on work", academics taught to FCAT(very basic), students punished for simple mistakes and common behaviour. All and all a toxic environment and one to commonly found in todays public school system.

Beacon Cove Intermediate School
150 Schoolhouse Road, Jupiter, FL  33458
Last modified Beacon Cove Intermediate School is a Public school that serves grades 3-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Beacon Cove Intermediate School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 32 reviews. Top