Posted July 11, 2015
Because everybody goes out of their way for our children. Also the stuff are very nice

Posted June 09, 2015
You can see that faculty respect each other and that also reflects in the students. Great Principal. Family oriented atmosphere. Its a great school!

Posted June 11, 2014
Regarding the pink behavior forms that are sent home, my child has received two this year, however, this has not effected his grades academically. Most schools have conduct grades as well as academics. When this form is sent home it only effects the student's conduct grade and as a parent instead of being upset with the school you should be talking with your child and making sure that they understand that the behavior that caused them to receive the form is unacceptable. Yes, sometimes the children are in the parking lot of the school but that is not gym nor recess and it is chained off during school hours. Overall Santa Fe is a great school, has always encouraged parental involvement and my child is extremely happy there. He didn't want to leave for the summer, telling me that he is going to miss all the teachers. Being that he just finished kindergarten, I am hopeful that my experience with the school will only get better each year, as it has been amazing for me this year.
3 people found this helpful

Posted May 16, 2014
Is a good school with a friendly atmosphere the staff are excellent and help each child according to their needs I recommend

Santa Fe Advantage Academy 4

Posted May 06, 2014
The P.E. field is actually not in the parking lot. The church next door allows Santa Fe to use their relatively large yard which can be accessed through a side door by the playground. It may not be perfect but better than a parking lot.

Santa Fe Advantage Academy 3

Posted May 03, 2014
There is a lot of room for improvement. Having a child who attends this school I can tell where all of these reviews are coming from. Some teachers are gems, others are forgettable. As a whole the school on the outside seems great but is actually very fast paced at everything they do and lacks organization. Its not like how school was when I was little where parents had a growing relationship with the staff and teachers. They offer PE class which has a very good teacher however it is a parking lot which doubles as the PE field. That's not the fault of the teachers because this school shouldn't have been built were it is. The principal has a strong character. It may rub people the wrong way at times. Speaking to her personally I can say that she is helpful and interested in every child in that school. However, it truly is her way or none at all. I didn't like that and it seems its not open for discussion no matter what. A few teachers also seem to share that demeanor but most of them don't. Overall, its not bad its just not as good as it could and should be. One more thing, stop asking for money and focus on the education and character building. Thank you

Santa Fe Advantage Academy 1

Posted April 29, 2014
Some people have good experiences with their child's school and others don't. I totally understand the parents having an unpleasant experience. My child will not be attending next year and I'm thankful. As for the parents having a good experience that's great for them. Eventually they will have run ins with an unprofessional and rude principal as Santa Fe's. And I'm sure the parents giving 5 stars are those in the parent clique or a staff posing as a parent just to help out the school rating. As for the 'religious' teaching (holidays) at school, that should be kept separate and at home, not in a school setting. That's not being ignorant.

Posted April 25, 2014
I could not read and not post. Santa Fe Advantage Academy is a school of choice. I chose it because it's a small school, everybody knows everybody, parents are very friendly, and teachers are accessible. They send flyers galore, they send reminders by text, e-mails, you name it! I am happy with the teachers, their family ambiance. My child is happy, loves his school, teachers, Principal. If my child is happy, I am happy. Yes, there have been time that they have said "no, we don't need more help for now" but that is because they honestly don't, with so many parents trying to serve they have to say no at some point. In my opinion and experience teachers and Principal work very hard to be sensitive to the children's needs and well-being not only educational but emotional and social as well. I may not agree with certain things, but, such is life, it will not bend to my needs, if I don't like something I either change it (if I can) or accept it and make the best of it or move on to hopefully better places and people. For now, my child and I will stay where we are loved.

Posted April 24, 2014
I am surprised by the possition from the other parent. My child has kids from many diffrent religions and they have always respect that and never have they shown any difference. If by teaching religion they mean learning about different traditions such as Hanukkah, Christmas, Kwanza, it is not a religious perspective but a point of view on traditions. They are teaching the kids how the world is different and that only promotes respect. Knowledge is a tool; ignorance is the reason for so much hatred in the world. My kids love the school. They feel safe and loved. The school still needs some organization, but it is indeed a new school and the good things outshine the little small details that are not perfect. They care and treat every kid with respect, care, and love!!!
2 people found this helpful

Posted April 24, 2014
I would like to respectfully disagree with the parent who made the negative comments as to SFA. As a staff member since it's opening, SFA has prided themselves as a top school in academics and parental involvement. Behavior notifications are simply that, notifications to a parent about an action that was not acceptable. Those forms do not change the child's grades! As to parent participation, parents are encouraged to attend as many events possible. Unfortunately, some events are limited to a certain number of participants, therefore we make all attempts to give everyone an opportunity to attend by taking turns. Times have changed and one of our top priorities is the safety of our students, this means, at times we are forced to limit the number of non-school personnel on campus. We are very respectful of all religious beliefs/cultures and do not teach "religion". As a Florida Public Charter School, we must follow the State's curriculum, including teaching about different cultures. We strive on making every student, parent, and visitor feel like an integral member of our Mustang Family. I am proud of all we have accomplished thus far, and look forward to many more years at SFA.

Santa Fe Advantage Academy
9790 SW 107th Avenue, Kendall, FL  33176
Last modified Santa Fe Advantage Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Santa Fe Advantage Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 33 reviews. Top