478 students|Monroe

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Supports LD students: Agree

This is more of a teacher question. I agree that learning differences are handled appropriately in my sons class but that is done at the teacher level not the school level.

Handles bullying effectively: Neutral

I have not seen any bullying at Sigsbee

Effective school leaders: Disagree

Many parents have expressed concern about the lack of communication and the response from leadership has pretty much been deal with it. Teachers should be using normal email accounts. Not accounts which require parents to log into another system (other than their own email) in order to access/view/respond to emails.

Develops character: Strongly agree

I think character is greatly developed due to the many outdoor activities.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

Seriously Great teachers. No issues so far other than communication. They are effective at teaching but very bad communicators. (Maybe if I could actually open their messages my review would be different). The Jupiter school communication systems sucks!

Amount of homework: Agree

My son really does not get homework that often. I consider that a good thing, not a bad thing. In contrast, my daughter (who goes to another school) gets 3 hours of homework a day and is really starting to hate school. I don't blame her since it is overkill.

The teachers and staff are excellent however communication from the school is the worst I have ever experienced!!! I say this because all the teachers and school staff use a system called Jupiter for all emails & communications. It is blog based and is blocked by military (Navy & JIATFS) networks. Normally I would not complain about this BUT since this school is located on a military base it shows that the school does not understand its customers needs. Since Sigsbee doesn't send home paper copies of communications (permission forms, flyers, etc), parents like myself can't access any of the school communications resulting in my son missing events and school trips. Honestly, if I could figure out what the heck is going on at the school and gets some preliminary notice of upcoming events my review would be Great. But right now, 6mo into the year, the overall experience has been terrible!

My daughter has attended Sigsbee school for some time it took there about two years of me telling them that there is something wrong to finally test her for IEP plan. Now that she has it, it's not being implemented. So it's like closed circle. There isn't much support from teachers at all. I would avoid this school.

Sigsbee is spectacular! Considering the quality of our public school system in Key West, we were only interested in Montessori and Sigsbee Charter, Sigsbee being our first choice. We were absolutely thrilled when our daughter was accepted her Kindergarten year! Because we're civilains, we knew we weren't guaranteed a spot. Sigsbee uses such a individualized approach, and our daughter is excelling and learning new concepts so quickly and thoroughly, because she's able to learn to her own pace. There are so many resources for parents, in regards to helping your child learn and do the best they possibly can. They're very STEM focused and use our unique location and ecosystem to engage kids in marine science from the very beginning. The teachers and support staff are great, we couldn't be happier!

The teachers are superb at Sigsbee! The curriculum is top notch. We are very pleased with the diverse academics and exciting opportunities for our children.

Last modified Sigsbee Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.