Key West, FL

Posted April 01, 2015
POORLY TRAINED STAFF, is right! Most of the staff really shouldn't be Teacher's. It's clearly just a job to them. You would think most of them being younger adults and having children of their own, they would be more caring. Don't even think about volunteering! Because they say you can in the beginning of the year, then make excuses why you can't, unless your a bubba. They can't really be them selfs if your there. Parent involvement, expect to be treated like a out cast and looked down on if your not part of the click or liked by all the staff.If your lucky enough to have a teacher who lets you volunteer. Even then they'll still be fake to you and talk about you behind you'r back. This staff really needs to be trained on how to treat kids and parents. Because its like High School all over again yet its involving your babies. And don't think of going to principle, she covers for the staffs misbehavior and gossips about you making matters worse, while smiling in you're face saying it'll be fixed not to worry. And I almost forgot some of the staff isn't even qualified to be working at the school they just know somebody or are family members of somebody who is!

Posted May 05, 2014
POORLY TRAINED STAFF, PRISONER MENTALITY IN INSTRUCTION AND DISCIPLINE, COMPLACENT WITH BULLYING. SCHOOL LUNCHES LOOK LIKE THEY WERE SAVED FROM THE DEPRESSION.

Posted February 22, 2014
This is the best school I have ever been to I moved from Oklahoma about 4. Years ago my aunt (Michelle) put me in school. I moved in 2011 to go to sugarloaf elementary but I didn't really like it there poinciana tought me my multiplication,how to write in cursive,and how to spell big words like(Encyclopedia) they tought me that when I was in 4tg grade. That is how amazing poinciana elementary school is. bobbi deppe

Poinciana Elementary School 3

Posted October 10, 2013
This is a school that is just like any other school in today modern education system. it has it's pro's and con's. The teachers here are Excellent and personal with you and your children- as if you are family. The reading and math scores seemed to have dropped significantly. I am not sure that we can point fingers at the school, and teachers per say or maybe it's the parents, or our modern day technologically distracted society. Either way Schools educated our children much better when I was in school which was in the 80's-90's. The technology advances are great it's the book work that should remain original. My child is handling advanced mathematical concepts in 2nd grade, but she can't comprehend the most basic mathematical principles.

Posted February 19, 2007
The quality of the teachers and the administration staff is profound. They really show they care about their students and always keep in contact with parents regarding the achievements of their children and where they can help strengthen their children's learning skills. I'm grateful my children attend this school.

Posted May 25, 2006
The teachers need way more training in dealing with ESE kids. Ones with reading and math issues.

Posted May 17, 2006
This is my daughters last year there. I can not wait for it to be over! We have had some the worst teachers I have ever met. I am glad this year is over

Poinciana Elementary School 3

Posted May 08, 2006
I wish they would increase the science and social studies projects at the 2nd grade level. This seems to be a weak area in the curriculum. My child had very little homework in general.

Poinciana Elementary School 2

Posted June 21, 2005
Very good school, however some security issues are a concern. Principle is not experienced enough yet to handle the daily routines of the schools. Teachers are pleasant, but there is a strong system of the buddy system in the school to allow a child to pass or get away with anything because someone is related someone in the education system.

Posted March 05, 2005
Challenging academics. Good parent involvement. Building is old and gloomy. Dedicated staff.

Poinciana Elementary School
1407 Kennedy Drive, Key West, FL  33040
Last modified Poinciana Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Poinciana Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top