Kissimmee, FL
Students enrolled: 1,372

Westside K-8 School 5

Posted May 17, 2015
My son is currently an 8th grader at Westside. Even though he started late in the school year, he feels he'd been there for many years. He loves his school and his teachers. Whenever he is out due to medical reasons, I email his teachers and get the material he missed. Also, there is a variety of activities that take place after school for parents to get involved. Kids are a reflection of their home, if you teach your child values, he/she will not have any problem at school.

Westside K-8 School 5

Posted May 17, 2015
My child has been at Westside for 4 years. There have been a lot of staff changes but many middle school teachers have remained the same. My child enjoys school and likes his classes/teachers. He especially likes the sports teams, band, and tsa. The school outs on dances and other fun activities for the kids. They had a really nice carnival with real rides last year and my child tells me there will be another one at the end of this year. We like Westside... Hoping Celebrarion high school will be just as nice.

Posted January 27, 2015
I have two children whom attend this school a first grader and a kindergartner. This school is absolutely ridiculous. They make you feel as if you are unwanted and unwelcome to participate in your child's education. I have had nothing but problems with this school from day one. I receive calls everyday stating one or more buses are late or broke down. The teachers are not in the classroom half the times and instead of finding proper substitute teachers for the kid, the classes of the absent teachers are split in half and one half goes to another teachers room and the other half goes to another teachers room. The are inadequately staffed and funded. A school run such as this one needs to be shut down and the kids relocated to a facility that has the time and resources to teach our care for our children. For a school that has 4 head deans you would think it would be properly staffed and funded. The school looks nice from the outside but looks can be deceiving.

Westside K-8 School 2

Posted December 26, 2014
The teacher feedback needs improvement and many of the teachers don't use modern teaching methods. If you ask them for information, there is no adequate response in most cases (6th grade). The teachers are not held accountable to a high standard of teaching or to improving the students ability.

Posted December 19, 2014
To much bullying and the child that is being bullied is punished as much as the bully. The administration lacks coping skills.

Posted August 07, 2014
Aweful School and aweful Office Assistants No Customer Service at all ! The "Addistant Principals" are two people that are not good with people..never return calls

Posted May 09, 2014
My daughters' teacher was awful. She was a young teacher who had no personality and treated the children like teenagers. She would tell the children to "tell your parents" ie* "whoevers parents smoke tell them that they are making the other students book bags smell like smoke" or " if you have pink eye tell your parents to leave you at home" to me this is something you tell the parents not 5-6 year olds. I once went in for a meeting with her and a child came in from PE or some where and said he accidently peed his pants. She took a deep breath rolled her eyes and told him to hurry up and change. There was no compassion. My daughter was always afraid to tell her if she had a problem or if she wasn't feeling good. One month before school ended I made an appointment with the assistant principal. I told him I have not contacted him with all my issues because this was my first child in school and I was afraid the teacher would take it out on my daughter and she was already have a difficult time. The NEXT DAY the teacher calls me DURING class questioning me about my daughter. Come to find out she DEMANDED an answer from my daughter on why she was having a hard time reading?

Posted April 22, 2014
My child is in Kindergarten and I have two more and we will not be back next year. The staff is rude and have no idea what they are talking about. Their safety for the kids is a joke. Parents can't go in but anyone can pick up my child from the car riders. All they need to know is the childs name.. I was the only one who picked up my daughter for 7 months. One day I had another person pick her up in another car and there was no problem. Plus they rush the parents in and out of there like cattle. They have a bad attitude and have no concept of safety. You do not rush small children in the car and tell the driver to hurry up and leave. The school is very unprofessional and never takes responsibility for when they are in the wrong. I wouldn't send my worse enemies children here.

Westside K-8 School 4

Posted April 02, 2014
No e tenido inconvenientes, basado en mi experiencia y la de mis hijos no tengo queja alguna! xito y la tarea no es s lo de los maestros tambi n es de los padres!!

Westside K-8 School 2

Posted October 31, 2013
A very disappointing school. No supervision of vehicles or drivers led my pregnant wife's car to be hit by a crazy driver all in the name of trying to navigate the unorganized cattle run of picking up your kid from school. The teachers, particularly the younger ones have a look of scorn and cannot muster a smile or any enthusiasm, heaven knows how they teach the kids. In one year, we did not receive a single chance to talk to our teacher despite numerous requests. The school also lost our daughter twice - one from being placed on the wrong bus with nobody (including the teachers or transport company) tracking where she was and another time, where despite her not being a bus rider, she was thrown in and left to sit outside her home for two hours as I called the police and her daycare to report her missing. They took no responsibility on either occasion and I was met with an attitude when I asked what had happened. This amazing new principal even thought it was funny, and blamed the child (6 years old). I hate to say it but it appears a child will need to come to harm before they decide to wake up and take care of these kids the way they need them to.

Westside K-8 School
2551 Westside Boulevard, Kissimmee, FL  34747
Last modified Westside K-8 School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Westside K-8 School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 24 reviews. Top