Kissimmee, FL
Students enrolled: 1,372
Before care: Yes

Posted December 19, 2014
To much bullying and the child that is being bullied is punished as much as the bully. The administration lacks coping skills.

Westside K-8 School 4

Posted September 28, 2014
Westside K8 is improving. The staff is woriking diligently to improve the school. When parents have a problem, we should seek resolve it in a professional manner. I had a problem when I registered my son and the staff resolved it. Mr. Easton was very professional in handling the situation. Also principal Winston shows that she is very eager to address all issues. Westside K8 moving forward. The school has many avenues for parents to participate. It is a good school for people who like to particpate in their children's education.

Posted August 07, 2014
Aweful School and aweful Office Assistants No Customer Service at all ! The "Addistant Principals" are two people that are not good with people..never return calls

Posted May 09, 2014
My daughters' teacher was awful. She was a young teacher who had no personality and treated the children like teenagers. She would tell the children to "tell your parents" ie* "whoevers parents smoke tell them that they are making the other students book bags smell like smoke" or " if you have pink eye tell your parents to leave you at home" to me this is something you tell the parents not 5-6 year olds. I once went in for a meeting with her and a child came in from PE or some where and said he accidently peed his pants. She took a deep breath rolled her eyes and told him to hurry up and change. There was no compassion. My daughter was always afraid to tell her if she had a problem or if she wasn't feeling good. One month before school ended I made an appointment with the assistant principal. I told him I have not contacted him with all my issues because this was my first child in school and I was afraid the teacher would take it out on my daughter and she was already have a difficult time. The NEXT DAY the teacher calls me DURING class questioning me about my daughter. Come to find out she DEMANDED an answer from my daughter on why she was having a hard time reading?
2 people found this helpful

Posted April 22, 2014
My child is in Kindergarten and I have two more and we will not be back next year. The staff is rude and have no idea what they are talking about. Their safety for the kids is a joke. Parents can't go in but anyone can pick up my child from the car riders. All they need to know is the childs name.. I was the only one who picked up my daughter for 7 months. One day I had another person pick her up in another car and there was no problem. Plus they rush the parents in and out of there like cattle. They have a bad attitude and have no concept of safety. You do not rush small children in the car and tell the driver to hurry up and leave. The school is very unprofessional and never takes responsibility for when they are in the wrong. I wouldn't send my worse enemies children here.

Westside K-8 School 4

Posted April 02, 2014
No e tenido inconvenientes, basado en mi experiencia y la de mis hijos no tengo queja alguna! xito y la tarea no es s lo de los maestros tambi n es de los padres!!

Westside K-8 School 2

Posted October 31, 2013
A very disappointing school. No supervision of vehicles or drivers led my pregnant wife's car to be hit by a crazy driver all in the name of trying to navigate the unorganized cattle run of picking up your kid from school. The teachers, particularly the younger ones have a look of scorn and cannot muster a smile or any enthusiasm, heaven knows how they teach the kids. In one year, we did not receive a single chance to talk to our teacher despite numerous requests. The school also lost our daughter twice - one from being placed on the wrong bus with nobody (including the teachers or transport company) tracking where she was and another time, where despite her not being a bus rider, she was thrown in and left to sit outside her home for two hours as I called the police and her daycare to report her missing. They took no responsibility on either occasion and I was met with an attitude when I asked what had happened. This amazing new principal even thought it was funny, and blamed the child (6 years old). I hate to say it but it appears a child will need to come to harm before they decide to wake up and take care of these kids the way they need them to.

Posted September 30, 2013
I couldn't wait to get my kids OUT of there!!!!! Teachers were given High grades to students who deserved D"s and F's. I know from personal experience. Boy I can tell you so much, you would think I was making this up. They want to look good since it is such a new school, and the school in Beautiful. The administration should be ashamed of their self for allowing this to go on. I am sure that is why the teachers give in. I got the school board involved, and hired an IEP Advocate. We requested an IEE, the board approved my request and my child was then retested outside the school by professionals at the cost of the School board. Their findings were exactly what we were trying to tell them. PLEASE don't second guess yourself get an IEP Advocate and good luck...A concerned parent.

Posted September 23, 2013
My child kindergarten this year. Needless to say the schools staff have no idea what is going on and they change what they say a million times and her teacher doesn't have the best personality nor is she professional. Thank god we haven't found a house to buy bc we are NOT sending my child back to this school. A teacher who gives a child negitive feed back to the mother is unexceptable.

Posted June 18, 2013
Not enough communication from teachers to parents. My child was hurt at school thanks to another kid who pushed her and nothing was done, teacher didn't let me know. Also no parent involvement activities at all.

Westside K-8 School
2551 Westside Boulevard, Kissimmee, FL  34747
Last modified Westside K-8 School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Westside K-8 School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 21 reviews. Top