1,538 students|Osceola

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

I transferred my student from an A+ Charter School to Westside K-8. My daughter had a far better experience at Westside. Her teacher was amazing & actually taught her students rather than put on a U-tube video on teach like the other school did. Don't only pay attention to the rating systems when choosing a school. The A+ school was so focused on keeping their A+ status, they forgot to teach the students. Most of her lessons were sent home as homework where the parents were asked to teach. Westside actually teaches the curriculum. My daughter did far better at Westside. She can't wait to go back!

Most teachers I have made contact with about my son are very quick to respond. Every experience with them has been a positive one.

My sons started mid year and I had to fight to meet the teachers before they started school. I never heard from the teachers at all. No papers came home, no emails or calls from them. Impossible to reach when I had questions. The school does not take kindly to parent involvement. The front office lady is terribly rude and not welcoming at all. So happy to be moving them to a different school.

Our grandson has been at Westside since 2010 there has been nothing but problems. Bullying stealing his lunch just being obnoxious. The kids are horrible and administration does nothing. God forbid you complain about being bullied your child is punished as well as the bully, fair I think not. There are 2 deans 2 assistant principals and 1 principal but not one will make an effort to help or try to resolve the problems.

My son is currently an 8th grader at Westside. Even though he started late in the school year, he feels he'd been there for many years. He loves his school and his teachers. Whenever he is out due to medical reasons, I email his teachers and get the material he missed. Also, there is a variety of activities that take place after school for parents to get involved. Kids are a reflection of their home, if you teach your child values, he/she will not have any problem at school.

My child has been at Westside for 4 years. There have been a lot of staff changes but many middle school teachers have remained the same. My child enjoys school and likes his classes/teachers. He especially likes the sports teams, band, and tsa. The school outs on dances and other fun activities for the kids. They had a really nice carnival with real rides last year and my child tells me there will be another one at the end of this year. We like Westside... Hoping Celebrarion high school will be just as nice.

I have two children whom attend this school a first grader and a kindergartner. This school is absolutely ridiculous. They make you feel as if you are unwanted and unwelcome to participate in your child's education. I have had nothing but problems with this school from day one. I receive calls everyday stating one or more buses are late or broke down. The teachers are not in the classroom half the times and instead of finding proper substitute teachers for the kid, the classes of the absent teachers are split in half and one half goes to another teachers room and the other half goes to another teachers room. The are inadequately staffed and funded. A school run such as this one needs to be shut down and the kids relocated to a facility that has the time and resources to teach our care for our children. For a school that has 4 head deans you would think it would be properly staffed and funded. The school looks nice from the outside but looks can be deceiving.

The teacher feedback needs improvement and many of the teachers don't use modern teaching methods. If you ask them for information, there is no adequate response in most cases (6th grade). The teachers are not held accountable to a high standard of teaching or to improving the students ability.

Aweful School and aweful Office Assistants No Customer Service at all ! The "Addistant Principals" are two people that are not good with people..never return calls

My daughters' teacher was awful. She was a young teacher who had no personality and treated the children like teenagers. She would tell the children to "tell your parents" ie* "whoevers parents smoke tell them that they are making the other students book bags smell like smoke" or " if you have pink eye tell your parents to leave you at home" to me this is something you tell the parents not 5-6 year olds. I once went in for a meeting with her and a child came in from PE or some where and said he accidently peed his pants. She took a deep breath rolled her eyes and told him to hurry up and change. There was no compassion. My daughter was always afraid to tell her if she had a problem or if she wasn't feeling good. One month before school ended I made an appointment with the assistant principal. I told him I have not contacted him with all my issues because this was my first child in school and I was afraid the teacher would take it out on my daughter and she was already have a difficult time. The NEXT DAY the teacher calls me DURING class questioning me about my daughter. Come to find out she DEMANDED an answer from my daughter on why she was having a hard time reading?

Last modified Westside K-8 School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.