No rating

City of Life Christian Academy

Private | PK-12

Student diversity

Special education

The school has not provided this information yet.

Living in Kissimmee

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $107,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $890.

Posted August 23, 2014

I have gone to this school for 6years and this school is absolutely terrible. The teachers have absolutely no idea how to teach and the curriculum is really bad. When it comes to the teacher staff their where only two good teachers. The rest didnt know what they where talking about or they just didnt know how to teach it. The principle dr.harkema thinks she has the whole school under control when in reality they have no clue what is going on. And when the school says they're going to do something you'd expect them to do it but this school does just the opposite. All in all I would not recommend this school to anyone unless you want to throw your education down the drain.

Posted July 1, 2014

City of Life Christian Academy is an incredible school! As alumni, I can say with first-hand experience that the care the teachers give is individual and genuine. I loved having teachers pray for & with me and I appreciated being known by all the staff - even those I didn't interact with on a daily basis. Now, still being involved in the school I love seeing how much more it offers for sports, drama, and academic competitions. There is a range of scholarships available for all types of students, which helps so many families in our community. Children don't have to "miss out" on anything by attending a private school, and in fact, gain so much from the community it creates. I love how the school and church are so well connected. This connection creates opportunities that an average student may not receive. I am proud to be alumni and am grateful for all the students that COLCA is impacting now.

Posted May 9, 2014

This is a terrible school. They Baker Acted my child based on what another child said and without consulting me or having me present when the cops took her away. My child is an exemplary student and a loving child. She told her "friend" how she wanted to die when she got old which was to not suffer from cancer for a long time like her grandfather. This was misconstrued into my daughter being suicidal and the rumor passed on to the police without even consulting me or my daughter or allowing me to talk to my daughter before they took her to the mental hospital. On top of this, no one at the school or church will talk to me about what happened to my daughter that day. They are couple good teachers at that school, but overall I would not trust them with my children. I pulled my child out of this school. They also have an online account to keep track of payments and charges. They freely at will charge parents for anything they feel like. A day in advance they will charge for something that I didn't even ok. They charge for field trips even if your child doesn't go on them. They have a lot of fees and I always have to pay for something. One star is too much of a credit for this school.

Posted August 14, 2013

This school Is not accredited by a proper agency. My son Is having trouble just getting into police academy and he has to pay more money to have His transcripts accredited for police academy. He had these exact same issues the year before to get into electrical school at Teco. I find this incredible. And now, He is trying to get a sealed transcript. For the past three days, He has called, And been told" Yes you can come pick it up today." He then says" I am on my way right now. " He gets there within 10 minutes of the time. Just to be told, Oh Chery left , can you come back. THREE TIMES NOW. OUTRAGEOUS. While he was in school the school was an okayish school. Lunch was bad, most of his classes where good. Some of the teachers haven't taut a day in there lives, fresh out of collage, and it shows. Mr. Warren was an exceptional teacher in mine and my sons eyes. This school is a joke, It have been making my sons life miserable, even though hes done with high school.

Posted June 19, 2013

I graduated from COLCA and am proud of it! I went on to receive full ride scholarships to the undergraduate AND graduate degree programs of my choosing. The educational preparation that COLCA gave me was outstanding. The teachers not only show care about your academic development but also your overall growth. Many teachers still keep in touch with me and are still always encouraging. As far as administration, you cannot find a principal that cares more for students that this one. She loves deeply and also expects the best. She protects the enviroment of the school when necessary, and looks out for staff and student alike. This is a truly great establishment and anyone would be blessed to be able to attend. Waiting lists are worth being on for a place like this!

Posted April 7, 2013

City of Life Christian Academy is a very well organized school. We were impressed with how well Dr. Harkema (principal) knows the students and has a connection with each of them.

Posted May 25, 2011

City of life is an excellent school . My child has been attending City of Life for 6 years. And gets strait AAA's .If your child does not go here you should enroll them quickly . This is an amazing school!

Teacher resources

Special staff resources available to students Art teacher(s)
College counselor(s)
Dance teacher(s)
Instructional aide(s)/coach(es)
Librarian/media specialist(s)
Math specialist(s)
Music teacher(s)
PE instructor(s)
Priest, pastor, or other religious personnel
Teacher aid/assistant teacher
Tutor(s)
Read more about programs at this school
Source: Provided by school officials and community members.

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Math specialist(s)

• PE instructor(s)
  • Access to sports fields
  • Gym
  • Kitchen
  • Multi-purpose room ("cafegymatorium")
School leaders, update and verify information here.

Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • Before school
  • After school
  • Ms. Kathy Harkema Principal
Associations
  • ICAA
Fax number
  • (407) 870-2679

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Librarian/media specialist(s)
  • Math specialist(s)
  • Music teacher(s)
  • PE instructor(s)
  • Priest, pastor, or other religious personnel
  • Teacher aid/assistant teacher
  • Gym
  • Internet access
  • Kitchen
  • Library
  • Multi-purpose room ("cafegymatorium")
  • Music room

• Video / Film production

School culture

• Chaperone school trips
  • Join PTO/PTA
  • Organize fundraising events (school auction, bake sales, etc.)
  • Volunteer in the classroom
  • Volunteer time after school
School leaders, update and verify information here.

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

2874 E Irlo Bronson Memorial