PK-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Not enough (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very ineffective (2 responses)

Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted July 31, 2015
It is a Medicore school. Everyone who have said to have such and outstanding time is a part of the church.

City of Life Christian Academy 2

Posted July 31, 2015
I have attended City of Life (Heartland) since kindergarten - 12th grade. I can say with much experience that this school is terrible. The teachers are fake, the staff is as well. PLEASE do not waste your child's time throwing their education out the door by attending this school. This school is very mediocre. Example: If you do not attended their church/school than you are not important to anyone there. I never imagined a Christian School to be so fake. It is so sad. They need to close down that school. The teachers/staff have no manners on and off the campus. The school allows church members to work for them as teachers so that they don't have to waste any of the Church's money. All you need is an A.A degree. (THAT IS NOT ENOUGH) Looking back from all these years since I graduated City of Life Christian Academy, it was such a poor experience and they do not prep you for college. I pray parents read this before enrolling their child. Your child is too precious and important to be enrolled in this terrible school. Please meditate, pray about it. - City of Life graduate 2013

Teacher effectiveness: Very ineffective

Posted July 31, 2015
They are so rude. They talk, dress and act very unprofessional. Such a disappointment and humiliation

Amount of homework: Not enough

Posted July 31, 2015
Not enough school work is given out. They do not prepare the students for college.

Develops grit: Strongly disagree

Posted July 31, 2015
Not at all. I wish the school made a poll for every student to evaluate the school. I grantee it would score so low.

Develops respect: Disagree

Posted July 31, 2015
They treat us terrible. They want us to believe there is no place safe than City of Life

Develops empathy: Strongly disagree

Posted July 31, 2015
They do not care about you if you do not attended the church. You must attend the church and school to be important there.

City of Life Christian Academy 1

Posted August 23, 2014
I have gone to this school for 6years and this school is absolutely terrible. The teachers have absolutely no idea how to teach and the curriculum is really bad. When it comes to the teacher staff their where only two good teachers. The rest didnt know what they where talking about or they just didnt know how to teach it. The principle dr.harkema thinks she has the whole school under control when in reality they have no clue what is going on. And when the school says they're going to do something you'd expect them to do it but this school does just the opposite. All in all I would not recommend this school to anyone unless you want to throw your education down the drain.

City of Life Christian Academy 5

Posted July 01, 2014
City of Life Christian Academy is an incredible school! As alumni, I can say with first-hand experience that the care the teachers give is individual and genuine. I loved having teachers pray for & with me and I appreciated being known by all the staff - even those I didn't interact with on a daily basis. Now, still being involved in the school I love seeing how much more it offers for sports, drama, and academic competitions. There is a range of scholarships available for all types of students, which helps so many families in our community. Children don't have to "miss out" on anything by attending a private school, and in fact, gain so much from the community it creates. I love how the school and church are so well connected. This connection creates opportunities that an average student may not receive. I am proud to be alumni and am grateful for all the students that COLCA is impacting now.

City of Life Christian Academy 1

Posted May 09, 2014
This is a terrible school. They Baker Acted my child based on what another child said and without consulting me or having me present when the cops took her away. My child is an exemplary student and a loving child. She told her "friend" how she wanted to die when she got old which was to not suffer from cancer for a long time like her grandfather. This was misconstrued into my daughter being suicidal and the rumor passed on to the police without even consulting me or my daughter or allowing me to talk to my daughter before they took her to the mental hospital. On top of this, no one at the school or church will talk to me about what happened to my daughter that day. They are couple good teachers at that school, but overall I would not trust them with my children. I pulled my child out of this school. They also have an online account to keep track of payments and charges. They freely at will charge parents for anything they feel like. A day in advance they will charge for something that I didn't even ok. They charge for field trips even if your child doesn't go on them. They have a lot of fees and I always have to pay for something. One star is too much of a credit for this school.

2874 E Irlo Bronson Memorial, Kissimmee, FL  34744
Last modified City of Life Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-12