PK-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Develops character: Strongly disagree

It is a Medicore school. Everyone who have said to have such and outstanding time is a part of the church.

I have attended City of Life (Heartland) since kindergarten - 12th grade. I can say with much experience that this school is terrible. The teachers are fake, the staff is as well. PLEASE do not waste your child's time throwing their education out the door by attending this school. This school is very mediocre. Example: If you do not attended their church/school than you are not important to anyone there. I never imagined a Christian School to be so fake. It is so sad. They need to close down that school. The teachers/staff have no manners on and off the campus. The school allows church members to work for them as teachers so that they don't have to waste any of the Church's money. All you need is an A.A degree. (THAT IS NOT ENOUGH) Looking back from all these years since I graduated City of Life Christian Academy, it was such a poor experience and they do not prep you for college. I pray parents read this before enrolling their child. Your child is too precious and important to be enrolled in this terrible school. Please meditate, pray about it. - City of Life graduate 2013

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

They are so rude. They talk, dress and act very unprofessional. Such a disappointment and humiliation

Amount of homework: Disagree

Not enough school work is given out. They do not prepare the students for college.

I have gone to this school for 6years and this school is absolutely terrible. The teachers have absolutely no idea how to teach and the curriculum is really bad. When it comes to the teacher staff their where only two good teachers. The rest didnt know what they where talking about or they just didnt know how to teach it. The principle dr.harkema thinks she has the whole school under control when in reality they have no clue what is going on. And when the school says they're going to do something you'd expect them to do it but this school does just the opposite. All in all I would not recommend this school to anyone unless you want to throw your education down the drain.

City of Life Christian Academy is an incredible school! As alumni, I can say with first-hand experience that the care the teachers give is individual and genuine. I loved having teachers pray for & with me and I appreciated being known by all the staff - even those I didn't interact with on a daily basis. Now, still being involved in the school I love seeing how much more it offers for sports, drama, and academic competitions. There is a range of scholarships available for all types of students, which helps so many families in our community. Children don't have to "miss out" on anything by attending a private school, and in fact, gain so much from the community it creates. I love how the school and church are so well connected. This connection creates opportunities that an average student may not receive. I am proud to be alumni and am grateful for all the students that COLCA is impacting now.

This is a terrible school. They Baker Acted my child based on what another child said and without consulting me or having me present when the cops took her away. My child is an exemplary student and a loving child. She told her "friend" how she wanted to die when she got old which was to not suffer from cancer for a long time like her grandfather. This was misconstrued into my daughter being suicidal and the rumor passed on to the police without even consulting me or my daughter or allowing me to talk to my daughter before they took her to the mental hospital. On top of this, no one at the school or church will talk to me about what happened to my daughter that day. They are couple good teachers at that school, but overall I would not trust them with my children. I pulled my child out of this school. They also have an online account to keep track of payments and charges. They freely at will charge parents for anything they feel like. A day in advance they will charge for something that I didn't even ok. They charge for field trips even if your child doesn't go on them. They have a lot of fees and I always have to pay for something. One star is too much of a credit for this school.

This school Is not accredited by a proper agency. My son Is having trouble just getting into police academy and he has to pay more money to have His transcripts accredited for police academy. He had these exact same issues the year before to get into electrical school at Teco. I find this incredible. And now, He is trying to get a sealed transcript. For the past three days, He has called, And been told" Yes you can come pick it up today." He then says" I am on my way right now. " He gets there within 10 minutes of the time. Just to be told, Oh Chery left , can you come back. THREE TIMES NOW. OUTRAGEOUS. While he was in school the school was an okayish school. Lunch was bad, most of his classes where good. Some of the teachers haven't taut a day in there lives, fresh out of collage, and it shows. Mr. Warren was an exceptional teacher in mine and my sons eyes. This school is a joke, It have been making my sons life miserable, even though hes done with high school.

I graduated from COLCA and am proud of it! I went on to receive full ride scholarships to the undergraduate AND graduate degree programs of my choosing. The educational preparation that COLCA gave me was outstanding. The teachers not only show care about your academic development but also your overall growth. Many teachers still keep in touch with me and are still always encouraging. As far as administration, you cannot find a principal that cares more for students that this one. She loves deeply and also expects the best. She protects the enviroment of the school when necessary, and looks out for staff and student alike. This is a truly great establishment and anyone would be blessed to be able to attend. Waiting lists are worth being on for a place like this!

City of Life Christian Academy is a very well organized school. We were impressed with how well Dr. Harkema (principal) knows the students and has a connection with each of them.

Last modified City of Life Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-12