1,093 students|Osceola

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (3 responses)

good school I have had a wonderful experience I will continue to have my children learn here.

we Had issues with a few teachers, & we'd leave information with people in the front office it's like nobody communicates w/each other!!

I have had a wonderful experience. Very organized and lots of communication. I have seen the progress of my child.

Middle school is the worst. Teachers (specially ) intensive courses demonstrate no professionalism, sarcasm, no confidentiality, no respect to special needs students.

Develops character: Disagree

From the front desk staff to the dean Ms. Smith they all need to learn how to address parents and improve on their people skills. Students are being suspended for talking in class but you have teachers calling their students stupid or if a child has difficulty in a subject they would tell the student they have no time to spend on them if they cannot get it, they need outside tutoring. I come from NYC where the academics is way advanced then this school. There is no library or gym. There is no penmanship classes. Certain teachers are there for just a check and not an ounce to want to teach. We give these teachers our emails, cell, job numbers and they do not make an effort to contact you if a problem has arrised they have the dean call and her call is always the final straw. My child has asked for additional help and I have sent them emails and called the school and they would help him one or two days and that is all. I had to pull from child out by the 8th grade and place him in another school and he is doing sooooooo much better. There are a few number of teachers that are wonderful and the other percentage of teachers forget that each child is unique in their way and learn differently. If you have no patience in dealing with students on all levels then you are in the wrong field.

I put my children (3) into the school because I heard many great thing about charter schools. I was not disappointed. Although the staff may not yet be professional, hopefully they will be able to fire and hire more professional staff as they're great name will expand. I have been with them ever since the school started and have came to the decision that I will continue to have my children learn here. There are students that I feel should be expelled for the reason of interrupting other students learning. Ms. Andrews is a teacher I disliked very much, she was not a good teacher. She only gave out papers for the students to learn from and copied from another book. She is not a legit teacher. I favored Mr. Wall, he was a great teacher, and Ms. Chambers. They do seem to be a bit conservative, but they are a begging school after all. They have worked them selves up to being an A school. I recommend this school.

Agree with the parent who commented below about this school being a joke. Most of the faculty that I have encountered are very rude and unprofessional. My son is an average student and works hard, but has struggled this year. My son is in Middle School and he is really struggling in Math this year. The Middle School Math Teacher really hasn't found his niche yet I don't think. I can't say for certain, but I met up with him (the teacher) and I though I smelled alcohol on the teacher's breath. I was afraid to bring this up and make a false claim and then fear that the faculty would treat my son differently. Next year - New School! Hopefully Better Experience!

My family and I relocated to florida a few years back. My children was attending public school here in florida when one of the teachers recommended my children be enrolled in a charter school in their words it was a better school system that would challenge my children for they were advanced for their grade level. Long story short I jumped at the opportunity to enroll both my children to RCS. Biggest mistake ever!! Not only do my children get bullied by other students but some staff members as well. From having honor roll students I now have children who struggle acedemically due to the bullying and not wanting to participate in class so they won't get made fun of. Where I came from the school system had strict rules and had a anti-bullying policy that was enforced. RCA just ignores the problem. Their is no example for these children to follow. Staff members openly comments about other staff members and parents out in the open and at one point I overheard a staff member comment on a student after she rudely yelled at her to go to class. I did not know staff members were given the authority to speak to and speak of children in this manner. What a disgrace of a school.

Renaissance Charter School- Poinciana is a money making business. My son made honor roll throughout the entire year, but believe me, It wasn't because he was a genius, the school was not challenging at all and when I compared their 2nd grade curriculum to RCE, it was a joke. Not to add that the school made a D" on the 2012 FCAT and got rid of 14 teachers who were obviously not qualified. As for my son, he is back to RCE an A" rated school and is struggling in math and reading because he did not master any of the things he was suppose to learn in 2nd grade at this charter school. Yes, my son is also bilingual, but it is not about learning Spanish. What use is to know another language when you are struggling with core subjects. Foreign language is not going to help you pass the state FCAT and definitely Renaissance Charter School either. More than 30% of the kids were taken out by their parents and reenrolled in the public school system. So sad.

So far I am very happy with the school. The main reason I enrolled my child here was spanish. I could've enroll her to Reedy Creek an A school but for us it is very important that she learns Spanish. We are in Florida and we are surrounded by spanish people. We really want our children to have the same chances in life with the kids that learn spanish home. It is always Rosseta Stones for how wants to learn mandarin. Unfortunately Florida require s spanish. Thumb up for RCS at Poinciana.

Last modified Renaissance Charter School At Poinciana is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.