Bad
Good

Posted November 06, 2015
Lots of resources for kids, great fun for students, awesome and concerned teachers. I really enjoy having my child in this school whereas she has advanced a lot in many subjects. The inside is always clean and the playground is very neat, there are always keeping an eye on your child making sure they are alright. The principal loves to participate with all the students.

Posted July 10, 2015
I was a student at Thacker avenue school, it was the best school I went to from pre-k to 5th grade.I am know in 7th grade Im always telling my friends that have little siblings that there siblings should go there. Thacker challenges each individuals in what they need help in.It is an IB school meaning it I believe in the students that are there.

Thacker Avenue Elementary School For International Studies 1

Posted February 04, 2015
Sorry to say, but I am not pleased with this school. The staff in the main office are a little rude. This is my child's first year in florida's school, she was a A student going into 3rd grade, now all of her grades have dropped to Cs I have requested twice for parent teacher meetings and never got a response. My child comes home often and tells me her teacher is mean, she yells at the students and makes them cry. This to me is very concerning and in two weeks my child will be enrolled into a new elementary school.

Posted April 18, 2014
Thacker Avenue School, in my opinion is the best school in Osceola County. The staff is very helpful and knowledgeable. The TEACHERS ARE OUTSTANDING. They teach the program, and does not leave a child behind. They work with the children on an individual level. Sometimes students are left behind, or not challenged. BUT THIS IS NOT SO AT THACKER. EACH CHILD IS TREATED AS AN INDIVIDUAL. And the teachers go the extra mile to help all students. As one teacher told me: we challenge the exceptional students first, so that they do not feel left out, then the children that needs to be challenged and more time spent with them, we deal with them on an individual basis. This way no child is left behind. Each child gets the individual teaching they need. Thank you for allowing me to

Posted January 19, 2014
I love Ms. Nellis kindergarten teacher, if she represents what Thacker elementary is, then they are a great school.

Posted May 24, 2013
Our school is the best in town. We teach in an inquiry based learning which it goes perfectly with Common Core Standards. When I first came to this school, I was impressed in seeing teachers that are always striving for the best. I love TAESIS!

Thacker Avenue Elementary School For International Studies 3

Posted April 17, 2013
Looking at the State of Florida average this is NOT one of the greatest school, I have a 27 months old who is already reading so I don't think this school will be the best choice for her. I am not even sure if there are better schools in the area prefferebly for gifted kids. we are moving to the Area next month and my kids school is the priority number one, if I can guide her read at this age then I must be a caring parent.

Posted October 29, 2012
This is my daughter's second year at TAESIS (Thacker Avenue Elementary School for International Studies) and we are really pleased with the school, the teachers, and the new principal. The IB approach is exceptional, using a project-based learning technique that gives the kids a hands-on, problem-solving experience that gives them a great advantage over traditional learning. We highly recommend this school.

Posted October 28, 2012
I am so very pleased with the education my son has received at Thacker Avenue Elementary for the last 2 1/2 years. The IB approach to teaching / learning suites him perfectly. I have a well rounded global thinking 2nd grader. The Admin staff, principles and teachers truly care about their students. It's a happy, fun, bright atmosphere to learn in.

Thacker Avenue Elementary School For International Studies 4

Posted August 01, 2012
My granddaughter adjusted to this school very well in Kindergarten and before the end of the school year she could read as a third grade level student. My granddaughter was tested for progress outside of the school, so we believe the test is 100% correct and hopefully she will continue on that road. I believe that the school should be doing more to get to the top of the list on the best schools in Kissimmee. You can do it!

Thacker Avenue Elementary School For International Studies
301 North Thacker Avenue, Kissimmee, FL  34741
Last modified Thacker Avenue Elementary School For International Studies is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Thacker Avenue Elementary School For International Studies Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 21 reviews. Top