Posted June 02, 2014
I agree with the parent that stated during breakfast the children have to be reading... As they're waiting to go to their classes in the morning if they are caught not reading the teachers and or patrols demand that they read!! My kids reading at home has dropped tremendously due to that!! Let the kids be kids.... they have mandatory reading during school hours!!!! My 3 kids have been in that school since kindergarten, there has been different principles, assistant principals and teachers.... Wish I knew why.. I out of zoned all 3 of my kids from Boggy Creek elementary to Ventura and now I'm second guessing it after all these years! :/

Posted March 26, 2014
I think that it is very differant now. I dont know what happening. Please make this better.

Ventura Elementary School 2

Posted March 12, 2013
The main issue is there are many non English speaking children. I have 1 child I adopted. Math is mostly written problems. They should be teaching pure math (addition, subtraction, division, multiplications, etc). The children are struggling with English and being taught complex math in English, not basic math. They are falling behind in math big time because of this. I tutor my son everyday and his best subject is math, but not due to the way they teach math there. They do put the fear of FCAT into these children. My son feigned illness twice to try to avoid FCAT testing. My son has some learning issues so it is not all the fault of the school, but I wish I could do home schooling. It seems I have to teach him to keep him up to speed.

Posted August 22, 2012
ok the school now has a new principal and assistant principal fine with me but what's with the new changes now kids have to be reading while they are having breakfast and lunch in the cafeteria and after dismissal? is this for real? my kids are complaining already they feel persecuted a teacher noticed my 4th grader without a book in his hands and demanded to know why.. they will only accomplish one thing with this that the students wont like to read at all!

Posted August 29, 2011
All my children have come to this school and my little one is the last one here. All my children have done well and the staff goes above and beyond to help with the childrens needs. great staff. parents need to be more involved with helping there children aswell as the school. teaching begins in the home. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK VENTURA!

Ventura Elementary School 0

Posted September 17, 2009
My twin daughters have just started their first year of Kindergarden at Ventura.The Title 1 parent center is great.Vicki and Kelly who work in the parent center are very resourceful and always have an anwser to an question. Today I actually attended a Parent workshop which too was very resourceful pertaining to Getting Involved In Your Child's Education.Mrs.Zieglar my childrens teacher does an outstanding job with the children she teaches,and she is always in the parenting center seeking resources as well!

Ventura Elementary School 0

Posted March 24, 2009
Ventura is a great school. I appreciate Mrs. Franceschi's professionalism. Dr. Karlskin is also very helpful and professional. On a side note I'd like to say that the Parent Center is very valuable. Mrs. Woelk is very knowledgable about the items available for checkout and tries to help us find material based on my child's needs. The center has helped all three of my children excel in Math and Reading. Their grades improved after using material from the center. They have educational toys and hands on material that you can't find in stores.

Posted June 08, 2008
I truly believe this is an excellent school with wonderful teachers. My son just got promoted to a second grade with Honors and he love the school. Ms Lemle (Kindergarden) & Mrs Tosi (First Grade) made an amazing job on these kids and I know is not an easy job. But they did it. My Best for them! I am looking forward for 2008-09. Happy Summer!

Ventura Elementary School 1

Posted November 28, 2007

Posted October 14, 2007
Ventura is a nice school. I would recommend this school to other parents. My children have excelled since entering Ventura. One specific thing I would like to mention is the Parent Resource Center. What an excellent idea! There is a classroom FULL of educational, fun materials for FREE check-out! All of the latest games and technology you'll find in most stores. This has made such a difference for my children. We now have family night once a week where we use something we've checked out from the Parent Center. I am also happy with the Administrative team at Ventura. We are lucky to have such a caring, supportive group of individuals at Ventura. Thank you.

Ventura Elementary School
275 Waters Edge Drive, Kissimmee, FL  34743
Last modified Ventura Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ventura Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 35 reviews. Top