No rating

Holy Redeemer Catholic School

Private | PK-8 | 284 students

We are best known for faith, service, and academics.

Living in Kissimmee

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $60,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $910.

School Official Point of View

Posted August 29, 2011

Holy Redeemer Catholic School instills a daily living and ever-growing knowledge of the Gospel message by creating a Catholic environment that empowers our students to reach their maximum potential spiritually, morally, and academically.

Posted August 12, 2014

My daughter is in this school since K, at first I was a little disappointed since I had her in a top high class pre-k school. I thought wow, this is a BIG change. There was no DISCIPLINE, how ever I decided to stay when the administration changed. I started seeing some improvements as far as the discipline goes, and the parents not being in the school at all the times, that was excellent, then, the aftercare program, great change, now this is manage by the school, no more craziness. I do not see bulling been and issue that is not manage by the teachers or administrators, in the contrary, it is very well managed, they have the buddies program where the oldest kids take care and tutor the youngest and they do things together, Oldest kids are always opening doors for others. Kids are very respectful, great you when you walk by, open the door and let you in before them. It is a family environment. I went to a Catholic school and the turn around on teachers happens when you have some teachers that are not use to the catholic "Rules" very rigid. My daughter and I are very happy with the school and will stay till 8th grade,

Posted June 30, 2014

I am really surprised to have read some of these reviews, as my daughter could not be happier at HRCS. We moved to the area after school had started last year, and I was worried about the transition, but the very first day my daughter came home happy as could be and that happiness never dissipated! Unlike the student(s) from the comment below, my daughter scored very high on the state test and so did most of her classmates. She did wonderfully all year academically, spiritually and emotionally. She loves Fr. Tim and attending mass on Fridays and is learning a lot on her Spanish class, which is very exciting to her! I love this school, the students, the teachers and the administration. If you are looking for a school that will never have minor issues at one point or another, you will never be satisfied! Is not what happens, but how we respond to situations that will determine the outcome, and I think that the principal is a strong, intelligent woman who has been able to take the bull by its horns and turn the school around for the better... 100%.

Posted June 10, 2014

The school had loss touch with its students and parent. This administration is no better. I was surprise to see my child state test score below average. Then to learn that this was normal throughout her classmate. So I question other parents in different grades and they all look the some way as below average. I some cases way way below. The principal and assistant principal leadership is just not there. As you read the post below. The teachers turn over is just crazy. How do you think a student is going to feel seeing a new teachers still being replace by newer teacher that are being replace by even newer teacher to the point that teacher aide are the student fulltime teacher. This is all the Leader (The Priest, Principal , and Asst. Principal.)

Posted June 2, 2014

I agree with the comments below and I am currently removing my child from this school. Not only because of the bullying from peers, but adult bullying too. The parents bully eachother. Many of the positive reviews on here were written by parents involved with PTO (about 10 parents that want to control the school) Everyone here is related in some way - lots of nepotism. Teachers/Aids giving preferential treatment to their own kids. It's not an environment conducive to learning or positivity. If you have the money to send your child to a private school - you have choices! Avoid this one.

Posted May 9, 2014

This school did nothing to fix the bullying issues that my daughter had. At one point, I found my daughter crying at the pick up location with chalk all over her from being punched by erasers, and immediately wanted to know what had occurred. So I parked my car and went inside to see what the school was going to do to fix this issue and they had told me that both my daughter and the other much bigger girl would get punished for her getting beat with the erasers?? I didn't see a single powder of chalk on the other student so I was shocked that my daughter would get in trouble as well, even though she did not hit back. Other times my daughter would come home with her school items vandalized, and when I brought it up to the schools attention, they punished EVERYONE in her class instead of finding out who did it. It wasn't only the students either, but the teachers as well. I understand that most of the students are much more ahead since she came from the public school system, however there was no reason for them to treat her as if she were some sort of stupid child. To think I wasted my money so that my daughter could be abused.

Posted April 11, 2014

Unfortunately, this school is very weak and I blame that on a few things. First the diocese should be ensuring that there is academic consistency throughout catholic schools - HRCS is very behind in math and science and that is a fact. The new principal is a blessing but after years of teacher turnover and weak leadership it will take a long time before she can build the school to where it needs to be. The most unfortunate flaw of this school is the lack of community that families feel. This is due to a bullying mentality that a select group of "involved" parents promote. There are 5 or 6 families (all related) that insist on making everyone else feel unwelcome. They have been allowed to run the school in the past and they are unfriendly and cliquey with each other. Our child got through relatively unscathed but we will not recommend this school to friends. If you are willing to invest your money into your child's education, consider other area catholic schools. Holy Redeemer does not meet standards at this time.

Posted July 23, 2012

Holy Redeemer Catholic School is a community that truly become part of your family. The teachers care about the students academic and personal development. Parents are becoming more involved and this is improving the sense of community. Holy Redeemer has prepared my children very well for their advancement to High School and higher achievements.

Posted February 22, 2012

This school has not changed for the better but for the worst! It is truly disappointing! I don't have much things to say about it!

Posted February 20, 2012

Our daughter is about to finish her 8th year at Holy Redeemer & we have been extremely pleased with the school & its teachers. and feel the quality of education here combined with the diversity and easy lifestyle & commute can't be beat. our son is been here for the past 2 years and he is very happy, The biggest asset of the Holy Redeemer school success is its parents. The parents of the students are heavily involved in school operations and activities. The students are aware their parents are in close contacts with the teachers. My daughter wants to go to school everyday to meet her friends and to learn. This is a hidden gem of a school

Posted November 23, 2011

The faculty at Holy Redeemer Catholic School is wonderful. They take time with each student and really care about how the child progresses, both academically & in life. They spend a lot of time encouraging the children to strive for better grades and better moral character.

Posted August 23, 2011

I am very pleased with Holy Redeemer. My children love their teachers, their classes and the friendships they have made over the years. I love the amazing, warm and loving environment! I am especially happy that a language (spanish) is taught to all children starting at the Kindergarten level! The advanced curriculum is an added bonus! I am so glad that I chose to send my children to Holy Redeemer Catholic School.

Posted June 19, 2011

We have a new principal and pastor. I look forward to the improvements that will be brought to the school because of our new principal. It's been a roller coaster ride the past couple of years with our old principal and vice principal. Things can only get better. We will not dwell on the past. Rather we will look to the future and hope for better things for the students, teachers and staff. We have wonderful teachers who are dedicated. Parent involvement could improve. We will also have new PTO officers which is a good thing. Last school year's PTO board was lazy, untrustworthy and are hypocrites. New things mean new changes! Watch out because Holy Redeemer is a school where everyone would like to be a part of!

Posted April 22, 2010

The school is very helpful to the community.

Posted April 21, 2010

Holy Redeemer is a very tight-knit community that teaches their children, not only academics, but to care for it's people. They are always fu d raising to make things better for the children.

Posted March 25, 2010

I believe Holy Redeemer Catholic School is a wonderful school with a strong Catholic focus. This school not only provides a strong academic curriculum but students also have the opportunity to grow closer to Jesus and live out their Catholic faith. The teachers and staff work hard to make sure the students are learning in a positive environment. My kids really enjoy going to school each morning and always have smiles on their faces when I pick them up from school so I know it is a great place to be!

Posted November 24, 2009

My daughter attends Holy Redeemer.It is excellent at every level. All staff and parents go the extra mile to achieve the best from the students/children.

Posted April 8, 2009

I have two children at Holy Redeemer. My oldest child started in Pre-K 4 and will be graduating from 8th grade this year. I have watched both of my children develop a caring and giving attitude with the staff and students at Holy Redeemer. This school feels like family. There has been a vast improvement in the leadership since the current Principal arrived four years ago.

Posted February 21, 2009

My daughter has been a Holy Redeemer student since Kindergarten. I have watched her grow from a shy and timid child to a leader with strong conviction. Holy Redeemer creates a warm and family like atmosphere that enhances a child's self esteem while educating and nurturing them. I have found the staff and administration always open to listen and help when needed.

Posted February 11, 2009

The principal goes above and beyond and truly cares about the students. Parents should go to some of the School Board or PTO Meetings to see just how much she and the Assistant Principal do for our children.

Posted January 30, 2009

This is a wonderful school. Fantastic staff and excellent teachers.

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 3% 3%

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Spanish

Health & athletics

• Access to sports fields
  • Gym

Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • After school
  • Before school
  • Dr. Larry Thompson
Best ways for parents to contact the school
  • Coed
Is there an application process?
Affiliation

• Computer
  • Gym
  • Library
  • Playground
Partnerships with local resources and organizations
  • Diocese of Orlando

• Drama
Media arts
  • Video / Film production

Student clubs

Clubs (distinct from courses)
  • Student newspaper

Apply now

What does it cost?

Financial aid offered

Planning ahead

Students typically attend these schools after graduating
Bishop Moore High School