PK-8|Private
School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

Holy Redeemer Catholic School instills a daily living and ever-growing knowledge of the Gospel message by creating a Catholic environment that empowers our students to reach their maximum potential spiritually, morally, and academically.
August 29, 2011

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (2 responses)

I love holy Redeemer, my son is really happy. If he is happy I am so happy too. Thank you so much For all you do for our kids. Amazing job. Love, love so much. God bless that School and all the teachers and Principal always.

From the moment you walk in the front office at Holy Redeemer Catholic School you are greeted with a smile. It is a very warm, caring, friendly environment and the kids seem very happy.

Teacher effectiveness: Disagree

Some of the teachers are good. But not all of them..The lack of effectiveness are coming from the administration.. They re not very upfront about their rules, the one from the handbook half of it is not true.

Develops character: Neutral

The school, not really. The church part is Yes. because most of it is from the parents that is very involved with their children.

I have kids that are currently attending Holy Redeemer Catholic School. Teachers are fantastic. ( if they stay) The Priests are good influences. however the admistration are weak, not on the same page, its seems that they never communicate. The current principal will mislead you directly to your face, and the current assistant principal is arrogant and not very helpful. The school could be great with upper administration changes.

This year, Holy Redeemer decided to try something new. I'm not sure if we are the 1st school to use Edmodo, but it's not working! It's a terrible idea especially because the middle school Science and Math teachers do not reply to the kids' questions. This new program is suppose to help communication between student and teacher but it isn't helping. The kids are helping each other, but it's blind leading the blind. They're all just guessing on the homework assigned to them. How do these 2 middle school teachers expect their students to do their homework correctly when they don't answer the kids? The principal is always away from school. The vice principal is of no help. They're not on the same page. Administration is not following up on these teachers. They have no clue as to what's going on in school. They are so concerned with petty things like wearing skinny jeans, celebrating events for the younger grades, and having name tags displayed at carpool. Frustrating!

Pulled my child out and sent her to public school. And guess what? I am saving $500 a month, she is getting a better education and I feel like we belong. Wish I had done this sooner. Holy Redeemer was a true disappointment. Holy Family or St John Vianney are better Catholic schools and have been given awards for their performance. We just live too far away.

My daughter is in this school since K, at first I was a little disappointed since I had her in a top high class pre-k school. I thought wow, this is a BIG change. There was no DISCIPLINE, how ever I decided to stay when the administration changed. I started seeing some improvements as far as the discipline goes, and the parents not being in the school at all the times, that was excellent, then, the aftercare program, great change, now this is manage by the school, no more craziness. I do not see bulling been and issue that is not manage by the teachers or administrators, in the contrary, it is very well managed, they have the buddies program where the oldest kids take care and tutor the youngest and they do things together, Oldest kids are always opening doors for others. Kids are very respectful, great you when you walk by, open the door and let you in before them. It is a family environment. I went to a Catholic school and the turn around on teachers happens when you have some teachers that are not use to the catholic "Rules" very rigid. My daughter and I are very happy with the school and will stay till 8th grade,

I am really surprised to have read some of these reviews, as my daughter could not be happier at HRCS. We moved to the area after school had started last year, and I was worried about the transition, but the very first day my daughter came home happy as could be and that happiness never dissipated! Unlike the student(s) from the comment below, my daughter scored very high on the state test and so did most of her classmates. She did wonderfully all year academically, spiritually and emotionally. She loves Fr. Tim and attending mass on Fridays and is learning a lot on her Spanish class, which is very exciting to her! I love this school, the students, the teachers and the administration. If you are looking for a school that will never have minor issues at one point or another, you will never be satisfied! Is not what happens, but how we respond to situations that will determine the outcome, and I think that the principal is a strong, intelligent woman who has been able to take the bull by its horns and turn the school around for the better... 100%.

The school had loss touch with its students and parent. This administration is no better. I was surprise to see my child state test score below average. Then to learn that this was normal throughout her classmate. So I question other parents in different grades and they all look the some way as below average. I some cases way way below. The principal and assistant principal leadership is just not there. As you read the post below. The teachers turn over is just crazy. How do you think a student is going to feel seeing a new teachers still being replace by newer teacher that are being replace by even newer teacher to the point that teacher aide are the student fulltime teacher. This is all the Leader (The Priest, Principal , and Asst. Principal.)

Last modified Holy Redeemer Catholic School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8