School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

Holy Redeemer Catholic School instills a daily living and ever-growing knowledge of the Gospel message by creating a Catholic environment that empowers our students to reach their maximum potential spiritually, morally, and academically.
August 29, 2011

Posted November 04, 2014
This year, Holy Redeemer decided to try something new. I'm not sure if we are the 1st school to use Edmodo, but it's not working! It's a terrible idea especially because the middle school Science and Math teachers do not reply to the kids' questions. This new program is suppose to help communication between student and teacher but it isn't helping. The kids are helping each other, but it's blind leading the blind. They're all just guessing on the homework assigned to them. How do these 2 middle school teachers expect their students to do their homework correctly when they don't answer the kids? The principal is always away from school. The vice principal is of no help. They're not on the same page. Administration is not following up on these teachers. They have no clue as to what's going on in school. They are so concerned with petty things like wearing skinny jeans, celebrating events for the younger grades, and having name tags displayed at carpool. Frustrating!

Posted October 23, 2014
Pulled my child out and sent her to public school. And guess what? I am saving $500 a month, she is getting a better education and I feel like we belong. Wish I had done this sooner. Holy Redeemer was a true disappointment. Holy Family or St John Vianney are better Catholic schools and have been given awards for their performance. We just live too far away.

Holy Redeemer Catholic School 4

Posted August 12, 2014
My daughter is in this school since K, at first I was a little disappointed since I had her in a top high class pre-k school. I thought wow, this is a BIG change. There was no DISCIPLINE, how ever I decided to stay when the administration changed. I started seeing some improvements as far as the discipline goes, and the parents not being in the school at all the times, that was excellent, then, the aftercare program, great change, now this is manage by the school, no more craziness. I do not see bulling been and issue that is not manage by the teachers or administrators, in the contrary, it is very well managed, they have the buddies program where the oldest kids take care and tutor the youngest and they do things together, Oldest kids are always opening doors for others. Kids are very respectful, great you when you walk by, open the door and let you in before them. It is a family environment. I went to a Catholic school and the turn around on teachers happens when you have some teachers that are not use to the catholic "Rules" very rigid. My daughter and I are very happy with the school and will stay till 8th grade,

Holy Redeemer Catholic School 5

Posted June 30, 2014
I am really surprised to have read some of these reviews, as my daughter could not be happier at HRCS. We moved to the area after school had started last year, and I was worried about the transition, but the very first day my daughter came home happy as could be and that happiness never dissipated! Unlike the student(s) from the comment below, my daughter scored very high on the state test and so did most of her classmates. She did wonderfully all year academically, spiritually and emotionally. She loves Fr. Tim and attending mass on Fridays and is learning a lot on her Spanish class, which is very exciting to her! I love this school, the students, the teachers and the administration. If you are looking for a school that will never have minor issues at one point or another, you will never be satisfied! Is not what happens, but how we respond to situations that will determine the outcome, and I think that the principal is a strong, intelligent woman who has been able to take the bull by its horns and turn the school around for the better... 100%.

Posted June 10, 2014
The school had loss touch with its students and parent. This administration is no better. I was surprise to see my child state test score below average. Then to learn that this was normal throughout her classmate. So I question other parents in different grades and they all look the some way as below average. I some cases way way below. The principal and assistant principal leadership is just not there. As you read the post below. The teachers turn over is just crazy. How do you think a student is going to feel seeing a new teachers still being replace by newer teacher that are being replace by even newer teacher to the point that teacher aide are the student fulltime teacher. This is all the Leader (The Priest, Principal , and Asst. Principal.)

Posted May 09, 2014
This school did nothing to fix the bullying issues that my daughter had. At one point, I found my daughter crying at the pick up location with chalk all over her from being punched by erasers, and immediately wanted to know what had occurred. So I parked my car and went inside to see what the school was going to do to fix this issue and they had told me that both my daughter and the other much bigger girl would get punished for her getting beat with the erasers?? I didn't see a single powder of chalk on the other student so I was shocked that my daughter would get in trouble as well, even though she did not hit back. Other times my daughter would come home with her school items vandalized, and when I brought it up to the schools attention, they punished EVERYONE in her class instead of finding out who did it. It wasn't only the students either, but the teachers as well. I understand that most of the students are much more ahead since she came from the public school system, however there was no reason for them to treat her as if she were some sort of stupid child. To think I wasted my money so that my daughter could be abused.

Holy Redeemer Catholic School 2

Posted April 11, 2014
Unfortunately, this school is very weak and I blame that on a few things. First the diocese should be ensuring that there is academic consistency throughout catholic schools - HRCS is very behind in math and science and that is a fact. The new principal is a blessing but after years of teacher turnover and weak leadership it will take a long time before she can build the school to where it needs to be. The most unfortunate flaw of this school is the lack of community that families feel. This is due to a bullying mentality that a select group of "involved" parents promote. There are 5 or 6 families (all related) that insist on making everyone else feel unwelcome. They have been allowed to run the school in the past and they are unfriendly and cliquey with each other. Our child got through relatively unscathed but we will not recommend this school to friends. If you are willing to invest your money into your child's education, consider other area catholic schools. Holy Redeemer does not meet standards at this time.

Holy Redeemer Catholic School 4

Posted July 23, 2012
Holy Redeemer Catholic School is a community that truly become part of your family. The teachers care about the students academic and personal development. Parents are becoming more involved and this is improving the sense of community. Holy Redeemer has prepared my children very well for their advancement to High School and higher achievements.

Posted February 22, 2012
This school has not changed for the better but for the worst! It is truly disappointing! I don't have much things to say about it!

Holy Redeemer Catholic School 5

Posted February 20, 2012
Our daughter is about to finish her 8th year at Holy Redeemer & we have been extremely pleased with the school & its teachers. and feel the quality of education here combined with the diversity and easy lifestyle & commute can't be beat. our son is been here for the past 2 years and he is very happy, The biggest asset of the Holy Redeemer school success is its parents. The parents of the students are heavily involved in school operations and activities. The students are aware their parents are in close contacts with the teachers. My daughter wants to go to school everyday to meet her friends and to learn. This is a hidden gem of a school

Holy Redeemer Catholic School
1800 West Columbia Avenue, Kissimmee, FL  34741
Last modified Holy Redeemer Catholic School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Holy Redeemer Catholic School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 45 reviews. Top