779 students|Osceola

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Effective (1 response)

Kissimmee Charter Academy 3

Posted January 19, 2016
I mean in my opinion this school has become very 'lazy' in my opinion. Teachers don't listen or communicate to there students. This school started out with a 9 out of 10, ended up with a 6 out of 10. School lunch isn't all that good, get home starving. Teachers have different ideas of dress code and sometimes this confuses me as a student I feel like this school is just becoming a joke. I am sorry to say that word a 'joke' but it is just very sad how teachers don't really care and how they try to blame it on the students. I am in middle school and teachers are very NOT understanding at all. IKCA got new staff and so far, I personally think that that was there huge mistake yet. New teachers have gotten really bad lately the new teachers are very complicated. Won't even let us use the bathrooms without them freacking out. I use to understand math and all but with the new math teacher it is IMPOSSIBLE E to actually get good grades in that subject. She makes a fuss out of everything and everyone. She says she needs all the time she can get, but she takes way to long to talk about how 'we can't use the bathroom' or 'why its bad to disrupt class'. Principal use to make some good changes in our school but she doesn't do that anymore. Students are okay, I mean in my opinion a lot of stuff have happen with all the rumors and fight. But besides that every things good. In my opinion if your going to look for some good 'understanding school' I suggest you go to another one, this one has fallen apart.

Posted November 29, 2015
Thank you for my children, teachers are really nice and patient, let's go for mu daughter now

Kissimmee Charter Academy 5

Posted June 25, 2015
Potential to be great but has settled for mediocrity! It's seems the Exodus has become reality and it couldn't have come at a better time. It's great to hear that they finally fired everyone who should have been gone years ago!! Change is on the horizon! I can't wait to see the great things KCA does this year.

Kissimmee Charter Academy 5

Posted June 15, 2015
As a teacher, Imagine Kissimmee Charter has given me a great opportunity to grow and do my best for my students. There is certainly room for improvement as we always strive to grow and do better each year. As a professional I appreciate the opportunity given and I feel grateful to be part of this school. We love our kids and it shows. I would recommend greatly to work in IKCA.

Kissimmee Charter Academy
Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted June 15, 2015
IKCA treats their students with rigor and care. Two things more than important to guide our students through the right path.

Kissimmee Charter Academy 1

Posted June 12, 2015
If you are planning on getting a job at this school, DON'T. There is no curriculum at all and you are spending way too many hours having to recreate lessons. If you are not part of a clique, you might as well consider yourself a ghost. On top of that, you can not trust anything anyone says at this school especially from the administration. You are told one thing one day and then told something totally different another day. It is no wonder the school's charter was only renewed for just two years.

Kissimmee Charter Academy 2

Posted March 30, 2015
Expect an exodus of qualified and veteran teachers at the end of the 2014-15 school year. School leadership is very much authoritative.

Kissimmee Charter Academy 3

Posted August 30, 2014
The negative "vibe" around this school for the most part is very evident. It is a total clique and if people don't look you in the eye, something is wrong. The previous review was correct in that teachers are on their own and are not given vital and important information and when they make a mistake, they are made to feel as if they might lose their jobs. People might smile to your face, but they really don't respect you as a teacher.

Posted May 29, 2014
My son has been attending this school for almost 4 years now and so far we love it. My son looks forward to going to school every morning and every afternoon can't wait to come home and tell me what he's learned. Most classes I've seen have no more than maybe 20 students and most of the teachers are very social and engaging with the students. Yea the dress code is strict and some of the rules and personalities of the staff I don't agree with but that's not anything I can control, it's not enough of a constant issue to make me lose sleep over it, and in the real world we can't always shelter our kids from strict rules and rude people. The communication is great, I am constantly getting emails of projects and new events I can volunteer in. The only reason I gave it 4 stars is because I think the school is a little outdated in some areas compared to other schools around here but they have been making some renovations so it's a work in progress. Overall I would recommend it :)

Posted March 07, 2014
Although my student no longer attends this school due to graduating this year, I must say both reviewers are correct. KCA has amazing faculty that instill character development in the students as well as striving to make them the best they can be academically. I would recommend KCA to parents looking for a friendlier school enviroment. Administration was a bit power hungry, the dress code sometimes stupid strict. Yes the school is a school of choice, but not by the student. I believe letting the child have a little choice in hairstyle, socks, or shoe choice is not disruptive to learning and should not be used for disciplinary action. Again, some of the teaching staff is the best in the county, you'll not find a better choice of schools in North East Osceola County.

Kissimmee Charter Academy
2850 Bill Beck Boulevard, Kissimmee, FL  34744
Last modified Kissimmee Charter Academy is a Charter school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.