Public charter
Kissimmee, FL

Kissimmee Charter Academy 5

Posted June 25, 2015
Potential to be great but has settled for mediocrity! It's seems the Exodus has become reality and it couldn't have come at a better time. It's great to hear that they finally fired everyone who should have been gone years ago!! Change is on the horizon! I can't wait to see the great things KCA does this year.

Kissimmee Charter Academy 5

Posted June 15, 2015
As a teacher, Imagine Kissimmee Charter has given me a great opportunity to grow and do my best for my students. There is certainly room for improvement as we always strive to grow and do better each year. As a professional I appreciate the opportunity given and I feel grateful to be part of this school. We love our kids and it shows. I would recommend greatly to work in IKCA.

Kissimmee Charter Academy
Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted June 15, 2015
IKCA treats their students with rigor and care. Two things more than important to guide our students through the right path.

Kissimmee Charter Academy 1

Posted June 12, 2015
If you are planning on getting a job at this school, DON'T. There is no curriculum at all and you are spending way too many hours having to recreate lessons. If you are not part of a clique, you might as well consider yourself a ghost. On top of that, you can not trust anything anyone says at this school especially from the administration. You are told one thing one day and then told something totally different another day. It is no wonder the school's charter was only renewed for just two years.

Kissimmee Charter Academy 2

Posted March 30, 2015
Expect an exodus of qualified and veteran teachers at the end of the 2014-15 school year. School leadership is very much authoritative.

Kissimmee Charter Academy 3

Posted August 30, 2014
The negative "vibe" around this school for the most part is very evident. It is a total clique and if people don't look you in the eye, something is wrong. The previous review was correct in that teachers are on their own and are not given vital and important information and when they make a mistake, they are made to feel as if they might lose their jobs. People might smile to your face, but they really don't respect you as a teacher.

Posted May 29, 2014
My son has been attending this school for almost 4 years now and so far we love it. My son looks forward to going to school every morning and every afternoon can't wait to come home and tell me what he's learned. Most classes I've seen have no more than maybe 20 students and most of the teachers are very social and engaging with the students. Yea the dress code is strict and some of the rules and personalities of the staff I don't agree with but that's not anything I can control, it's not enough of a constant issue to make me lose sleep over it, and in the real world we can't always shelter our kids from strict rules and rude people. The communication is great, I am constantly getting emails of projects and new events I can volunteer in. The only reason I gave it 4 stars is because I think the school is a little outdated in some areas compared to other schools around here but they have been making some renovations so it's a work in progress. Overall I would recommend it :)

Posted March 07, 2014
Although my student no longer attends this school due to graduating this year, I must say both reviewers are correct. KCA has amazing faculty that instill character development in the students as well as striving to make them the best they can be academically. I would recommend KCA to parents looking for a friendlier school enviroment. Administration was a bit power hungry, the dress code sometimes stupid strict. Yes the school is a school of choice, but not by the student. I believe letting the child have a little choice in hairstyle, socks, or shoe choice is not disruptive to learning and should not be used for disciplinary action. Again, some of the teaching staff is the best in the county, you'll not find a better choice of schools in North East Osceola County.

Posted March 06, 2014
I find it very silly to hear parents complain about the school uniforms dress code when they made the choice to send their kids to a uniform school. Where is the line? If one student is allowed to break dress code then it becomes unfair, but if a teacher tells a student he or she must adhere to the dress code then the teacher is focusing on the wrong thing? Part of this school is teaching character and responsibility, and adhering to a dress code should b a given since i is clearly outlined in the handbook. Just have your student wear the uniform and be thankful that he or she might actually learn something instead of worrying about what brand of clothes everyone is wearing. As a middle class parent I am grateful for the level playing field uniforms create. What a trivial battle to choose. Also, based upon the activity I have seen in the office when I am there, it looks like all adults there are trying to correct bad behavior. Volunteer in the school and you will see caring teachers, administration, and fellow parents who love the students and want to see them succeed. What a shame that anyone would be so eager to teach a kid to disregard rules. What kind of example does this set?
2 people found this helpful

Kissimmee Charter Academy 1

Posted January 17, 2014
Let me just say that this school is turning UPSIDE DOWN. The people who work here focus too much on dress code and aren't opening their eyes and seeing what kids are REALLY DOING. They have to lay off the dress code stuff and lay off how you want to style your hair I MEAN SERIOUSLY?! You can't even put on a HEADBAND with a bow on it without being called out. I know they wanna be good at this stuff but they already crossed the line years ago. :|

Kissimmee Charter Academy
2850 Bill Beck Boulevard, Kissimmee, FL  34744
Last modified Kissimmee Charter Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Kissimmee Charter Academy Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 106 reviews. Top