Posted March 25, 2015
I believe that this is an awesome school. All of the teachers and staff go above and beyond to help the students. They have to put up with a lot of situations and try to teach their students on top of everything else. These teachers are the second parents to the children because they spend the majority of the day with them. I love this school and I think that the Principal (Ms. Turchi) and the Assistant Principal (Mr. Naylor) are doing a great job. Keep up the good work

Posted September 01, 2013
This is my daughter's second year at Poinciana Academy of Fine Arts. The difference in the students is immediately noticeable. The students are more well rounded human beings. Their appreciation of the arts make them a more critical and creative learner. My daughter comes home creating plays, songs, and art all afternoon. We are very lucky to be able to live in a convenient play to attend this very special school. Staff members and administration has an amazing heart for kids. I'm not sure why this school has a 4 rating on here. The school down the road had horrible test scores much lower than ours and has a 7.

Posted May 03, 2012
This is my first year with Poinciana and my experience has been wonderful. My daughter is in 3rd grade with Mrs. Spence and she is the BEST teacher around.She cares about all the students as if they were her own and is willing to go above and beyond to assist the students. My daughter loves going to school everyday and has never done as well as this year. Thank you Poinciana and extra thank you Mrs. Spence. The world needs more teachers like you.

Posted May 02, 2012
I have had students at this school for almost 5 years. What a difference in the school since the beginning. The Principal Mr. Noyez has really gotten the teachers to care about the studnets. I love the school and the teachers and all of the changes.

Posted September 23, 2011
My daughter attends this school and I have to say It has come a long way! This school improved so much and its wonderful. Mrs. Spence 3rd grade is an incredible teacher. We love her very much. She cares so much for the students and she tries every possible way for them to excel. Mrs Spence is absolutely amazing.. I giver her an A+ and to the rest of the teachers " great job"!

Posted October 28, 2010
poinciana elementary is an awesome school. i have two children who attend kg and third grade, the have recently added integrated arts and are doing a fantastic job. mr. noyes is a great principle, He is creative in providing all the tools essential for kids to excel. The front office is cheerful and helpful, guidance counselors are wonderful at promoting a healthy and happy school enviroment. i really love this school. Mrs. Rosario great teacher

Posted April 27, 2010
My kids attend this school since pre-k and they are curently in second grade. I have to say that so fay the teachers my kids have had so fay have been great. I have no complaints about any of them. They are currently in an accelerated second grade class and thay have learned alot. Mrs. Lovett motivates the kids and does not allow them to slow down. I really like this school.

Posted September 24, 2009
This school is awnful they dont care about the students at all. Parents be ware.

Posted November 02, 2007
Recently I have alot of problems with this school. I feel as if they are in to big of a hurry to go home for the day. Rushing around and not having time for questions not knowing what is going on in the school, lack of communication with each other and parents. I have called there several times and get transfered from voicemail to voicemail and nobody ever returns my calls. And if you are on campus for some reason the attitudes are unhelpful and makes you feel unwanted on campus and they are not very helpful.

Posted July 04, 2007
Too much of a teacher turn over rate here. NO communication with teaching staff. Lack of true involvement and failure to get involved in anything additional than what is required, forget challending the gifted! one must decide, do you teach because you love it or teach because it gives a stable job and benefits. And learn to dress appropriate! Set examples. Involvement of Parents since the school has opened is not big. I wonder why. Working, working, i know. However, both the teachers and us parents are guilty because when there are only a small group of volunteers with a huge amount of students, that shows something is wrong. Huge lack of communication. Truth needs to be told - sorry - Need change in teachers and administration, and new policies - maybe it can make its way up the ladder then!

4201 Rhododendron Avenue, Kissimmee, FL  34758
Last modified Poinciana Academy Of Fine Arts is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Poinciana Academy Of Fine Arts Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 32 reviews. Top