831 students|Osceola

Bad
Good

This school is only worried about its ratings. It skews it's grades to get the "stars" but sets their students up for failure. They do not teach up to the common core standard for the state of Florida and this is proven. The vice principle does not believe in "homework" which we all grew up doing and some of the teachers admit that students are passed without the skills for the grade in which they were passed. Thus setting them up for failure. This school does not exhibit any qualities of a top rated school and obviously have no problem making excuses for their students which are lacking and their teachers. They have multiple problems with communication via teacher/parent, and obviously their teaching abilities.

This school is idk idk idk idk idk idk idk idk idk idk IDK IDK

Partin Settlement Elementary School is an excellent school! I have three children who attend school here and I have been extremely happy with the education that they have been receiving! It is obvious that the staff truly cares about the well being and education of every child at PSE.

Children are placed in ESL programs based on a home-language survey and there is no option to opt out of ESL. Most schools do get parental permission before placing a child in such a program and honor parents' requests not to place students. Communication between school and parents needs to improve, especially on such an important matter based on your childs education. I wasnt aware that my kid was in ESOL until teachers conferences day. I was upset and superv of ESOL wasnt understanding and didnt handle it in a profesional manner. All she said was, yes they did and the paper was sent to us explaining everything. She made us feel like we didnt understand what my husband and i read. We know what we read! My daughters education is more than a piece of paper! However her teacher was understanding&helpful. It is wrong for a school to place a child in an ESL class solely because of his or her ethnicity rather than language proficiency. I ask her if we would have marked only english on the survey and later found out she needed extra help would you had put her in esol? she said no. I dont hold back anything that will help my kid but it could have been done more professionally.

I wish the new principal (Corbett) would pay close attention to the needs of parents and students in this school. She makes for a lousy principal. I have had no problems with the teachers. They are fantastic. Another issue is the car rider line. It is out of control and needs to be addressed!

PSE is a fantastic school! It truely does care enough to challenge every child and encourage them to do their best. The teachers and pricipal at this school are very helpful and dedicated putting a lot of effort into their students. I thoroughly recommend this school to anyone. Well done everyone at PSE

Partin Settlement Elementary is a clean weel-organized school focusing on teaching students to become good decision-makers and citizens. There are many educational opportunites for students here including extra-curricular activites such as cross-country, golf and even fishing. The staff that I have met ae very friendly and passionate about teaching children and helping them to grow. This has been an "A" scholl for at least eight years. I would like to see this school receive funding so that it may continue to meet the needs of the enire student body.

it is a great school the teachers are very helpful to the kids, my son tell me that his teacher this year give him a lot confidence thank miss sayers

Coming from a homeschool environment i was worried my kids wouldnt like going to a traditional school, but when it came time this year for them to go-we were really happy when they were treated very well and completely enjoyed their year. They have had almost nothing negative to say about the school in general, they love the coaches, the teachers are all generally helpful and kind. My daughters kindergarten teacher will be missed very much, and im thankful she was given such a good start in education. The school tries to organize lots of trips and special days for the kids, even on a limited budget. I think like many schools, a bit more parent-teacher communication would be great.

My children have both been in PSE for 4 years. I have 1 chid in 5th, another in 3rd. I can honestly say that like every school it has its challenges but in a scale of 1-10, I give it a 9 (Nobody's perfect). I see my kids being challenged and motivated to learn and succeed. I see them excelling. I love the teachers, the environment and the staff in general. We are being rezoned next year but I Am keeping my son there. We parents need to remember...Our children will succeed and excel not only due to the school they attend, but it also depends on us the parents or guardians. Remember it is a team effort! Are you a player or a mere spectator?

Last modified Partin Settlement Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.