1,319 students|Osceola

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (2 responses)

Posted August 17, 2016
This is the best school! The teachers are amazing! Can't say enough about them. The office people and administration are so caring! This school is a cut above all the rest and make their students and us parents feel like family!

Posted July 13, 2016
We had an AMAZING Kindergarten year! Not only did our son develop and learn on a fast track, but every student in the classroom is moving onto first grade. I LOVE Bellalago Academy, the teachers, the staff and the amount of communication coming from the leadership and administrative team.

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted May 06, 2016
I want to Thank Crystal and Mike Ortiz, they are the most caring and attentive teachers I have ever encountered,. My grandson has had both since Kindergarten and he enters 6th grade next year. Bellalago is an EXCELLENT school and I am very happy that my grandchildren all have attended there.

Posted February 04, 2016
I am not sure as to the experience of others, but this school is fantastic. The principal has ALWAYS been attentive to the student's needs. His teacher is pushing him academically, and the teachers are extremely passionate about teaching kids. Most of them connect and really listen to their students. Now in every bunch there is one sour apple, but that is no reason to give this school a rating lower than a 5. Every story has two sides.

Develops grit: Strongly agree

Posted February 04, 2016
Yes I do feel this way because it is a very academically challenging school. This is great for these up and coming generations.

Develops respect: Strongly agree

Posted February 04, 2016
I have never seen a child disrespected by anyone in the school. The teachers, staff, and admin work together to ensure that.

Develops empathy: Agree

Posted February 04, 2016
I agree that this school is very compassionate however, we need to remember that our children are not always right, and that there is always another side to the story.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted February 04, 2016
Students are treated fairly with no favoritism. The teachers and the administration make sure it is that way.

Bellalago Academy 2

Posted February 01, 2016
A lot of bullying. Rude teachers. I talked several times to the administration and they don't take control of the problem. Also, you find a lot of kids on a rage, waiting outside the fence to hit the kids. I called 911 to avoid a tragedy.

Bellalago Academy 3

Posted December 20, 2015
I rated 3 stars due to the fact that my child's teacher is awesome and we are happy with the education she is receiving. Otherwise, I'd probably give them a 2. The principal, Ms. Honeycutt, as many others have said, does not return emails or phone calls and pretty much has no accessibility. Very unprofessional. I'm not sure how she's been able to get away with this for so long as parents have complained about her for a few years now. If I did that at my job, I wouldn't have one, simply put. There IS a bullying problem, but I feel as long as you make your presence known by going IN to the school and not just calling, you will get a resolution. I do recommend that parents get involved (SAC, PTA, OASIS) and show a level of commitment to your child's education in order to be taken serious when you have complaints (some of the other administrators ARE more responsive- just have to be persistent). As with everything, it's how you carry yourself. I had high hopes for Bellalago moving in. Seeing how the neighborhood is changing, the lack of general interest by particular administrators who set the academic atmosphere, the high HOA fees for a mediocre school (5 stars here and now our personal experience) sadly, we will be relocating very soon.

3651 Pleasant Hill Road, Kissimmee, FL  34746
Last modified Bellalago Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.