Public charter
Kissimmee, FL
Students enrolled: 1,563

Posted July 01, 2014
My son has attended Bellalago Academy since kindergarten and is now going into 5th grade. This is a really good school. The teachers are wonderful and really do strive to give their students the best possible education. The principle, Mrs. Honeycut, provides strong leadership. The administrative staff in the front office has always been kind and courteous. I know all this because I volunteer their at least once a week, sometimes twice. It may not have all the programs that some people who move from other areas are use to, but I feel those comparisons are unfair. We know funding for many of these programs are up to the schools because the county only provides for the essentials. So my advice, quit complaining, get involved in our PTA and help out and let your voice be heard. I hear all these complaints but when it't time for the PTA meeting or events only the regulars show up. Also, learn what programs the school does offer and take advantage of those, because this school does have some really good ones.

Bellalago Academy 4

Posted July 01, 2014
We need that Bellalago make programs for parents and students; and organize culture and academy events with parents participation.

Posted June 30, 2014
My daughter has been going to Bellalago since she was in Kindergraten and she is now entering 5th grade. We've never had any issues with either staff or students. If the teacher or administration thinks anything is going on or about to happen, parents are contaced. Her teacher was concered about a situation that happened one day and while it wasn't directly toward my daughter, she was there. Her teacher made sure he spoke to me, he called my job number, my cell number, my home number and emailed me. He didn't stop until we spoke. She is always looked after whether in school or extended day. For me this school is like a small community where everyone knows each other and looks out for one another. I'm so happy that she will remain in this school until she's in the 8th grade.

Bellalago Academy 1

Posted February 18, 2014
Office and the extender day care staff is unprofessional. They have a serious bulling problem, the teachers and principal know about it and the do nothing!!!.

Bellalago Academy 1

Posted February 17, 2014
The worst school if your child is black. some of the teacher are ok but the leadership of that school is unprofessional run the school on favoritism if it wasn't for the FCAT I would transfer my child to an other school

Posted January 30, 2014
Great School. Amazing teachers. Middle school is very will run. The students are well behaved and the teachers make all the difference in this excellent school. Great administration as well.

Bellalago Academy 4

Posted January 03, 2014
My granddaughter is a second grader in Mr. Marcinak's class. She has always made the AB honor roll... She was one of the students involved in the karate van accident right before Thanksgiving break. Some of the teachers and the principal visited the hospitals where the kids were taken and then the principal called my daughter the next day as well.... When school started back after the break, they called all the kids in together so they could talk about their concerns and fears. My graddaughter was quite traumatized by the accident and to be able to express herself to someone other than me or her mom, was very helpful. I have been at the school only one time since I live in Orange County, but my experience was very good. My granddaughter loves her school and her teacher this year

Posted January 02, 2014
This is my daughter's first year at Bellalago Academy, the experience have been great overall; her teacher Mr. Marciniak has been great with her, she's learning a lot from him.... The staff and everybody, they're great responsible people. I don't know if in the future I'll change my mind, but up today.... GREAT SCHOOL.....

Posted August 01, 2013
Bellalago Academy is one of the BEST Schools I've ever been associated with. I am a Grandma with 5 granchildren, 3 of whom have gone to Bella. The Music dept, Chorus with Mike Ortiz and Band with Eric Troop has made such a difference in my two granddaughters. The Principal, Mrs Honeycutt is an outstanding educator and rules the school with a loving but firm hand. I have encouraged several parents to enroll their children in this exemplary school. I cannot stress enough the caliber of education this school supplies to our children. My grandson started kindergarten with Crystal Ortiz and has been on the A-B honor roll every 6 weeks and he is now in 3rd grade. I am at a loss as to what else could be said except that I LOVE this school and am so very glad my grandchildren have the chance to attend.

Bellalago Academy 2

Posted July 22, 2013
I have been going to this school for around 8 years now and I would NOT recommend this school for any parents thinking of sending their child here. The teachers here a quite rude and the students,The students say very nasty things to those who "don't fit in" and they use very nasty words to other's,The teachers dont give ANY discipline to their students, they only send them to other teachers or sometimes give them a detention, they send a boatload of homework, and expect you to finish them in one night! The only good thing about this school is probably how easy it is to zone out, because the teachers could be very boing, although the student can be a tad bit annoying... They barely prep the students for the F-CAT; I wish this school could give more discipline to the student and perhaps the teachers could be more nice. Overall, don't send your child to this school, because everyone at this school are very rude. My apologies if the majority of this didn't make sense :P

Bellalago Academy
3651 Pleasant Hill Road, Kissimmee, FL  34746
Last modified Bellalago Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Bellalago Academy Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 100 reviews. Top