PK-12|Private

Bad
Good

just FYI, the school is no longer in business; Shining Star Academy now occupies the location

My child was going to attend this school but decided not to considering several times they have told us one thing and changed it to something else..I've called up there to ask a simple question and just get told so and so is teaching will call you later....I call 4 more times.....nothing. So everything is done by email...I have to say the emails I have received are very rude and kind of ridiculous as well. How can I expect these people to watch my child for 7 hours a day if they don't know what they are talking about and are so snappy? They may be educated, but I do not trust them to watch my child. There are plenty of other options.

My daughter started preschool here this year and loves it. She looks forward to going to school everyday. She loves her teachers and classmates. She is only 3 and has already learned to count and sing her 'abc's. I can't say enough good things about the Blake school.

I have read the reviews and the negative reviews for this school are not true. The same teachers are teaching lower levels that have been since the school has been in. The school is ran by parents and teachers involvment. I look at facts as well, the test scores tell all to me and production of the students and parents. The staff at the Blake School exceed my families expectations of a private school. Especially regarding the environment and results that come from it.

We now have 2 children that attend this school. It is a wonderful school. It has the high scores that we like to see with the students tests. They are a highly accredited school that has helped both of my children find their true selfs and prosper. As far as I am concerned there is no better school in FL. for my children to complete their education. It is one big happy family that grows together just as we do at home. If anyone has a negative thing to say about this school or the staff they are not involved and are just drawing their own picture for others. For your families sake if you are looking for a school for your child/children draw your own conclusions. Look at the facts.. test scores, accrediting, & question parents and students of their happiness. A tour is great to see the interaction.

Be very cautious about this school. They talk a great talk, but they do not walk the walk. The administration (who consists only of the owner/Directress, Linnie Lunde Jordan), seems to be more concerned with appearances and money than with a student's education.

Last modified The Blake School Of Lake City is a Private school that serves grades PK-12