Volusia Pines Elementary School

Public | PK-5 | 621 students

Posted August 22, 2013

My grandson attends Volusia Pines Elementary and just loves it - I do too. It is a smaller school, kinda in the country, so I think they really care about the children. I also believe he is getting a very good start in his education.

Posted June 11, 2013

My child loved every minute of kindergarten! It was all thanks to his wonderful teacher Mrs. Bakowski. She went above and beyond to make learning fun for my child.

Posted February 15, 2012

i attend volusia pines and im in honor roll in 4th grade i love my teacher mrs.martin she has an amazing sense of humor and loves kids.

Posted January 10, 2011

My name is Aron Bourke. I joined this school back in 2005 when i was 9 years old. Im originally from England but i moved to Florida with my family and attended Volusia Pines Elementary School. Unfortunatly, I had to leave and go back to England, but the duration i spent there were very good times. My teacher was Miss Grabowski, im not sure if she still works at Volusia Pines, but she was a very nice lady and was a plessure to have as a teacher while I was at Volusia Pines.

Posted April 24, 2010

I love this school. Everyone cares about the kids and tries to make their time here special. My daughter loves Mrs. Bakowski and she can't stop talking about all the fun extra things they do in class. More after school activities like the carnival would be nice, but overall a great school.

Posted October 3, 2009

I love my school because it is a safe, nurturing, and exciting place for children to learn & grow!
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted June 4, 2009

My daughter will be in 5th next year!! She has attended VPE since K, I wouldn't want her in any other school. They have gotten her so excited about reading w/ reading Counts. She has never not been on Honor Roll. They really care about their kids!!

Posted December 5, 2008

My oldest son has been attending VPE for 2 years now. I love this school, the teachers keep me up to date with my son progress in class, always willing to help him, the lady's in the office always check my ID before I get a pass to enter the school or take my son home early. I always find the school to be very clean and just a great staff too.

Posted August 30, 2008

My kids love this school. As a parent I am very pleased with the quality of education. Teachers are supportive and encourage children to succeed. I would like to see more extracurricular activities for the younger children, but the overall quality of the school is excellent, and deserves its 'A' status!

Posted April 25, 2008

My daughter has attended Volusia Pines since Kindergarten. We received a variance for this school since I was not keen on Friendship Elementary. The staff is outstanding and Ms. Taylor, the principal, is absolutely hands on - she really knows the kids. The faculty is very involved with the children, right down to the cafeteria staff. I wouldn't have her in any other school. I wish, too, that this staff would follow her through Middle and High school!

Posted February 8, 2008

Both of my daughters go here , I love this school , especially the kindergarten team .I say team because they all work together .There are many great teachers K-5. Everyone in the office couldn't be nicer , our principle is really in to her job and does it well .Volusia Pines is a well rounded school in a great little town .But I have to agree with some other comments about the field trips , every grade should do it .Even if its a trip in town to the equestrian center to see a horse show .' Kids look forward to field trips .'

Posted November 30, 2007

This is the first year my daughter has been at this school. She is in 2nd grade. I love her teacher Mrs. Sawyer. She is really good with the kids. My daughter always comes home saying great things about her class. The only issues I do have is the parent pick up and drop off and that there is no field trips till 4th grade. Other then that the school staff and teachers are awesome.

Posted April 10, 2007

My son has attened Volusia Pines since Kindergarten and is now finishing the 5th grade. My daughter is now there attending Kindergarten. I HIGHLY recommend this school and always have since my son first attended. Great teachers and staff! This school overall is excellent and there are too many ways to list. Teachers believe in communication and working together, that's what it takes for children to succeed. Great job Volusia Pines...Keep it up!

Posted October 2, 2006

My daughter has attended Volusia Pines from 1st grade and is now in 5th. We love this little school and its family atmosphere. The teachers and staff really seem to care about the students and take time to get to know them by name. It is always clean and projects a sense of pride. The Fusion classes are wonderful. The Koi pond and the Purple Martin house enable the children to experience first-hand unique learing experiences they will remember. The new music teacher is great. Last year, my daughter had the opportunity to participate in a drum circle. That was a wonderful experience for the parents and students. My only complaint is the parent pick up loop. Only two cars can unload students at a time resulting in backed up cars and hurried parents and late kids.

Posted June 16, 2006

Good school great principal Good special ed teachers Safe environment nice area Good vice-principal new music teacher very dedicated

Posted June 14, 2006

The ese program here is great. The head teacher of ESE has a lot of experience and commitment. The faculty here is above average. The music teacher is very dedicated. The principal is dedicated and professional. It is a good school.
—Submitted by a staff

Posted January 11, 2006

I just love volusia pines. I took my child out of private school some years ago and put her in this school because of the great things i heard about the teachers and staff. I sometimes wish that volusia pines staff could follow my child all the way to middle school and high school. Hats off to each and every one of you. This is truly an 'a' school. Thanks for showing your concern about my child.

Posted August 17, 2005

My son went to this school from 1st-5th. We found each teacher to be wonderful! I am very confident in giving this school an A+! Thank you Volusia Pines! -Carrie Henderson mom of Cory Henderson

Posted April 6, 2005

This is the first year that my 4th grader son has been at this school. His teacher, Ms. Brickey is absolutely wonderful! She cares for all of her students wanting the best from each of them. I just wish that we'd moved to Volusia Pines Elementary's area before school started!

Posted November 26, 2004

My daughter is in 3rd grade at this school. She and I both love this school. The teachers, for the most part, are great, in both personality and teaching ability.The school really puts a lot of effort into the children that are having a little bit of a struggle keeping up with the class. I am very happy with my child attending here.

Math

The state average for Math was 58% in 2014.

108 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 57% in 2014.

108 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Math

The state average for Math was 63% in 2014.

98 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 61% in 2014.

98 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 53% in 2014.

94 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Math

The state average for Math was 56% in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 61% in 2014.

Science

The state average for Science was 54% in 2014.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 81% in 2012.

107 students were tested at this school in 2012.

2010

Scale: % scoring at or above level 3

Source: Florida Department of Education

• In 2011-2012, this school received a grade of "B".
  • In 2010-2011, this school received a grade of "B".
  • In 2009-2010, this school received a grade of "A".
  • In 2008-2009, this school received a grade of "A".

Ethnicity This school

• MS. JULIE GORDON
Fax number
  • (386) 228-1144

Extra learning resources offered
  • Title I Schoolwide program (SWP)

Apply now