Lake Mary, FL
Students enrolled: 1,002

Lake Mary Elementary School 1

Posted November 23, 2014
My son transferred to this school from our zoned elementary school. What a disaster! My son suffers from a learning disabilities, ADHD. He is an intelligent, kind child who wants nothing more than than to be accepted. He was bullied by 2 girls in his class daily. His teachers could have cared less. Administration is a joke. I mentioned these issues to the principal. She did nothing. It was necessary for me to contact a "hot line". She suddenly became proactive. The "guidance" counselor is worse. The receptionist was the only saving grace. I am homeschooling my son now. He is happy and thriving now that he has been removed from such an oppressive environment.

Posted October 08, 2014
My son has been attending lake mary since kindergarten. He is now in 3rd grade. He loves this school and all of his teachers. He is always embraced as a diversity transfer student. I love the teachers and the principal.

Lake Mary Elementary School 5

Posted June 23, 2014
This school was excellent great teachers, organized, and safe environment. All and all had a great experience for my 2 kids.

Lake Mary Elementary School 2

Posted December 17, 2013
I have 2 children that attended the school for their 1st year. Children are left outside classroom until doors are opened to their room at 835. Anyone can walk onto the grounds easily. Needs more security. The teachers are new and no personal attention. One of the kids in my son's class spit gum in the teachers face and he was back at school the next day. No Discipline. First and Last year for us at Lake Mary.

Posted May 16, 2013
This is my daughters last year in Lake Mary Elementary and she will miss this school. It has been a great place for her to be challenged and learn and prepare her for 6th grade. We had great experiences with her teachers throughout the years. I am not sad to see the car line end. People do not know how to properly merge, they drive in the wrong way to avoid the drive to get to the front, how many times I had to brake to allow them to pass is quite annoying. Hopefully they will remedy this for next year.

Posted January 14, 2013
My daughter now attends Lake Mary Elementary school after we moved here from Minnesota. She is in 1st Grade with Mrs. Chaires and she loves it! I've had nothing but great experiences with the facilty and staff, but I have never met the pricipal. Other than that, nothing but good things about this school, the parents, and the kids.

Lake Mary Elementary School 2

Posted April 24, 2012
After transferring from Hamilton this school was a big improvement. However, my daughter is asking to attend a different school next year. She explained that the art teacher is constantly yelling at the students and the art class is very dull and boring. She explained that her previous teacher at Gompers Elementary made art fun but not here. I also have had complaints about the P.E. classes. There have been several incidents that other students were not listening or following directions and the rest of the kids had to pay the consiquences for their actions by having to sit down in the pavillion for the entire gym class without moving or talking. Don't get me wrong the curriculum teachers my children have had have been great but this school needs improvement. Also all of their technology equipment is outdated and not enough for all of the students.

Lake Mary Elementary School 3

Posted February 20, 2012
I am relocating to the area and am inquiring information about the school, from the reviews I am wondering how true is the unwelcomed feeling parents get when visiting, I am very involved in my childs education and love to help and assist in school. Will this be an issue? Also, is traffic bad when picking up and dropping off your children?

Posted August 26, 2011
There are some wonderful teachers at this school. Some great parent volunteers also. Some of the reviews I've read here, using the office staff or the car line traffic as an excuse to not get involved in the school is pathetic. A school is as good as the team of parents, teachers, and administrators make it. Get involved instead of griping about administration. Lake Mary Elementary has been a great school for many years, and hopefully the new team will continue the success.

Lake Mary Elementary School 3

Posted October 04, 2010
I agree with the last post. There are many fine teachers, however we have also been made to feel most unwelcome and treated with a lack of respect by the office and support staff. I agree that it tends to dampen the community enthusiasm as I do not want to get involved if I am made to feel unwelcome. I also don't enjoy being yelled at by the staff when I have waited in the car lane for 40 mins to pick my child up in the afternoon.

Lake Mary Elementary School
132 South Country Club Road, Lake Mary, FL  32746
Last modified Lake Mary Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lake Mary Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 30 reviews. Top