Lake Wales, FL

Posted April 09, 2014
My son attended school there for a very short period this year and I was very disappointed. Based on the programs offered, I thought the school would be a pleasant place for my son to attend, but it was not. He was scared to change classes, because other students would push him down and threaten him (he did not know who these students were). He also did not seem to receive the academic support needed to help him move forward, but he said it was due to the amount of behavioral problems the teachers had to deal with. I will never send my son back to this school.

Mclaughlin Middle School And Fine Arts Academy 4

Posted October 12, 2012
My daughter does well at the school. She is in advanced placement classes. She scored well on the fcat I found the sixth grade and seventh grade teachers to be excelent. She does not mind sitting on the bleachers before schoool. She is active in drama, a great program. We recently attended a family bowling night. Few families showed up, but it was still fun. Just like everything in life. It is what you make it.

Posted September 18, 2012
I'm parent of a 6th grade student at this school. All I can say is 'wow!' And I'm not being positive. This school spends so much time creating a structured enviornment for these students that it is similar to military/prison. The go to school, and sit on a bench outside. They can't stand around and talk to friends. They sit. A song (yes a song) plays and they go to class. Lunch is not get up and walk around. They sit in a designated order (apparently by sex) and can not get up till a teacher calls out their class to leave. What!? this school puts so much effort into controlling order, but is a D school! Last year test scores were 30%!! Would it really hurt to stop treating/turning these kids into a bunch of robots and focus on the education!?? The child is in grade 6 and she 'rarely' has homework.. on a plus note, if you drop your child off early, they don't like any kid hanging around in front of the school, so they put them in a room with a teacher. My daughter uses that as a tutor if she needs help with homework. All together, I am not impressed.

Posted January 02, 2010
its a great school my son loves it its so much better than bok

Posted December 08, 2008

Mclaughlin Middle School And Fine Arts Academy 4

Posted October 23, 2008
the best school ever! its not fair that our funds are cut because of bok!

Posted May 24, 2008

Posted May 06, 2008
I am an alumni from this school, and I must say it was ridiculous. The teaching was well, but the discipline was terrible and unjust and I must say I hated all three years I was there. It was pointless and the saddest days of my school career. But I did enjoy the band program, Mr.Chance rocks.

Posted April 19, 2008
I am a sixth grader at Mclaughlin.Everyday I am scared to go to school.whether it's the gang activity,bullies or mean teachers.It is the worst school I have ever been to. I am really hoping to be accepted into Jewett Academy!

Posted February 03, 2006

Mclaughlin Middle School And Fine Arts Academy
800 South 4th Street, Lake Wales, FL  33853
Last modified Mclaughlin Middle School And Fine Arts Academy is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mclaughlin Middle School And Fine Arts Academy Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top