Lake Worth High School 1

Posted October 29, 2013
For the love of God, do not send your children to this school. The administration is always making false promises to it's students and constantly letting them down. They ruined my daughter's senior year, they weren't allowed to do anything. She saw three principals in her time there, clearly the school is unstable. And let's talk about college preparedness, these staff doesn't care if their students get into college, as long as the have a high graduation rate. No one is ever there to help these kis. The college coach is nonexistent. My daughter missed so many opportunities for scholarships because the people that were supposed to keep her informed did not. They are unreliable with transcripts and the guidance receptionist is beyond rude and refuses to let the kids see the guidance counselors. Let's talk about how they jipped all the students and parents by making the kids sign a contract for the uniform on the last day of school (2012) after repeatedly lying to the kids, saying that the uniform wouldn't be changed. No integrity whatsoever, save yourself the trouble. Lake Worth High functions better as a parking lot instead of a school, level the damn place.

Posted October 10, 2013
LWHS has been very helpful and resourceful not only to the students but to the parents. I have no complaints with any of the staff members, in fact, they have gone beyond my expectations. I have to admit it was a shaky start at first, but now that I've met the staff there is a level of respect that is well deserved. Unfortunately, there is not a whole lot of parent involvement. The best part is the school is very diversified. It would be nice to see LWHS receive funding to enable students to have more opportunities that is well deserved.

Posted July 18, 2013
My son will be attending his third year now a Junior and I am very proud of his achievements and progress with his academics as well as his maturity. He's had great teachers and support from day one. School is what you choose it to be, by making wise choices. I am very thankful for who my son is today. This school is great, awesome staff, and lots of career choices available. A definite thumbs up!!!

Lake Worth High School 5

Posted May 10, 2010

Lake Worth High School 3

Posted August 29, 2009
My son just began this school year and I have got nothing but support from the administration and teachers. When emailed, the principal responded to me quickly and even had one of his APs call me the next day to reassure me. My son encountered a bullying problem already and the situation was handeled the next day! I understand the cultural diversity as I taught in that area and I totally agree with the parents below. We must be involved with our kids to help them succeed. I am happy with the Criminal Justice program there and am thankful for the caring teachers that do work there despite the odds. Thanks for all you do!

Posted August 17, 2009
This school is the best they have perfect unifroms no jeans just pants I enjoy having my child in this school.

Posted August 12, 2009
I agree with the parent that wrote that you get what you put into it. I have two children that are going to be seniors this year. I would like to thank all the devoted teachers that have made a contribution the their excellent education. LW offers great magnet programs with devoted teachers. Stop blaming the school for your troubles and get involve, volunteer and have your kids get involve with clubs, sports, and make sure that they do their homework and study.. One of the main problems at LW is that they do not have enough parents involved in helping the school (Volunteer). Other schools in our area have parents that are always volunteering. Thanks Again Teachers you are great.

Posted July 22, 2009
As with anything in life, you get what you put into it. I have two children at LWHS and they both are very involved with clubs, sports and their magnet program, as am I. They have always received high 4s or 5s in FCAT. I believe the lack of parental involvement in the school and the students' lives is the number one problem with the school. As far as the school's diversity, that's the way life is in South Florida, stop babying your children and they will be better off in the long run.

Lake Worth High School 1

Posted July 22, 2009

Lake Worth High School 2

Posted July 20, 2009
I took my son out of this school. Too much gang activity and teachers have no control over classroom activity. No one seems to really care or maybe they are just overworked. Very sad situation.

Lake Worth High School
1701 Lake Worth Road, Lake Worth, FL  33460
Last modified Lake Worth High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lake Worth High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 44 reviews. Top