Starlight Cove Elementary School

Public | PK-5 | 956 students

Posted February 26, 2014

I took my two children out of this schoo. The aftercare program run by Christian Carrera is horrible, uncoordinated, and they use immature and unskilled counselors. There is very little tolerance for any child that might have a behavior issue. My children both have ADHD and take meds to help their attention and hyperactivity. I was constantly called with complaints and orders to pick up my children. Now that the kids have been in a new school and more professional staff SINCE JANUARY 7th, 2014!!! AND I HAVE HAD NO SUCH ISSUES!! The staff at the new school says they are wonderful kids and I need to relax because they are doing great! Thank You MARITIME ACADEMY @--->>>----

Posted February 19, 2013

My childeren went there 6+ years this is a wonderfuls shool with geat teachers and a great principal.

Posted October 1, 2012

I had just moved here when I enrolled my son to this school, read the reviews and found them to be better then average so I had high hopes. Let's just say I removed my son after his 3rd day never to return. The programs are lacking, the teachers do the best they can with what they are given but that is not much. Too many kids, no bus system for 3 mile distances, so the lines to pick up kids is horrid, they have a playground, but kids don't have PE or can't play on it, I am not impressed in the least and if you care about your child's education I recommend you look for something else.

Posted May 6, 2012

I love this school cause theres good staff and teachers and the staff all ways give care

Posted April 25, 2012

Excited to say my nephew will be attending in August! Hoping for a great year

Posted October 13, 2009

I love this school because it is like a big family. Everyone who works there is great.

Posted June 30, 2008

I went to this school from 2004 though 2006 for 4th and 5th grade. I had such a great experience! In 5th grade there was a big issue with all the girls in my class and I feel that my teacher handled the situation very well. My sister just graduated from 5th grade this past school year and she went from almost failing first grade from not being able to read and now she reads 10 times more books then I do and I'm going to be a freshman. The teachers are very focused on academics and make learning fun and enjoyable! I think that if you are questioning about sending your child there because of the neighborhood it's in and because all the not-so-good ratings that you should at least try it out because that's what my mom did with my sister and I and it worked out really well!
—Submitted by a student

Posted May 8, 2008

My child started Starlight Cove in the middle of the school year and was a new student. The teachers all took extra care to make sure my child felt wlecome and was paired up with lots of buddies to help her out. The school is new, beautiful, and has state-of-the-art equipment in each classroom to promote high-level learning. The school has a diverse student body as well as diverse faculty and my child excelled in this environment. Very well controlled and organized. I should've switched my child to this school sooner!

Posted August 15, 2006

My son is starting the 5th grade at Starlight Cove, he has been there since K. I have been very pleased with this school. My son has had wonderful teachers and this school works real hard on all the staff knowing all the children, they do a great job not only with educating but in maintaing a good safe enviroment for the children. I can't say enough about this school. I hope we find him as good a school when he is done there.

Posted September 4, 2005

This is a school full of teachers trying to do their best for the children. Starlight Cove is a Title I school and received an 'A' for the 2004 - 2005 school year! That's a huge achievement! There are a lot of new/young teachers. I would like to see some more experienced teachers aboard...
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted August 19, 2005

I'm very pleased with how much this school does to get the whole community envolved. They have movie night, a carnival for the kids and a great afterschool program. My daughter has been going there for 4 years and loves the atmosphere and staff.

Posted August 19, 2005

I have 2 children 1 in 4th grade & 1 in 1st grade they have both been since kindergarten & both go to speach classes. I have never had a problem. I tell everyone how great starlight cove is. From the teachers to the award ceremonies to after care and the list goes on. I am a very happy & proud parent. I would like to thank the staff at starlight cove.

Posted June 25, 2005

So far from what I have experienced with school enrollment, I have been very impressed. The teachers have been very educational and helpful by answering my questions. It seems like there is alot of parent involvment and the extracurricular activities offered are interesting and fun for my child. My child will be attending kindergarten and I look forward to a great school year!

Posted April 28, 2005

Excellent School, Excellent Teachers!

Posted April 8, 2005

My daughters were at Starlight only for one year but it made a huge difference in my oldest daughter's grades & self-esteem. Her two fifth grade teachers were absolutely wonderful & the guidance counselor there was great also! My daughter had some issues in fourth grade at another school & her confidence went downhill. When she was at Starlight it all came back to her tenfold! I truly am grateful to her teachers for helping her feel good about herself again.

Posted March 31, 2005

I have 2 boys in Starlight Cove. One has ADHD and the other a Speech Impediment. This school has done everything possible to get them assessed, get them into the proper classes, and help them in everyway possible. They have an outstanding academic program, they have lots of fun stuff such as Music, Art, Physical Education, afterschool programs, and much more. They also make every effort to keep the parents involved in the school and in each childs progress. I am honored to have my boys here and wouldn't change a thing if I had a choice.

Math

The state average for Math was 58% in 2014.

158 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 57% in 2014.

158 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Math

The state average for Math was 63% in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 61% in 2014.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 53% in 2014.

Math

The state average for Math was 56% in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 61% in 2014.

Science

The state average for Science was 54% in 2014.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 81% in 2012.

126 students were tested at this school in 2012.

2010

Scale: % scoring at or above level 3

Source: Florida Department of Education

• In 2011-2012, this school received a grade of "B".
  • In 2010-2011, this school received a grade of "A".
  • In 2009-2010, this school received a grade of "C".
  • In 2008-2009, this school received a grade of "B".

Ethnicity This school

• MRS. SUSAN SAINT JOHN
Fax number
  • (561) 804-3650

Extra learning resources offered
  • Title I Schoolwide program (SWP)

Apply now