Woodlands Middle School

Public | 6-8 | 1197 students

Posted April 19, 2014

My daughter is going to this school for year, and she likes the school and the teachers. She feels she is learning and she gets a good treatment of the entire team at school.

Posted April 3, 2014

I have gone to woodlands for a year now. I have received death threats from other girls and been bullied on the bus. it got so bad my parents had to start bringing me to school. there are so many fights. the teachers are amazing but the principles would not help when my parents told them about the situation. I honestly hate going to school now because of the rumors that have been spread about me. the only reason I want to go to school is because of my very few friends. Just let me say, every day gets harder.

Posted February 12, 2014

Our son has started his first year at Woodlands and we couldn't be happier! The staff and administration are all willing to help. They have PTO and SAC meetings monthly and are open for anyone to attend. My son has teachers who challenge him and as he says "get us kids."They challenge but also respect the kids as well. We have not heard any stories of bullying. His elementary school is a feeder school into Woodlands and all classmates have adjusted well and have no issues. We feel very fortunate to have such a great middle school for our home school! Thanks Woodlands!

Posted February 10, 2014

My daughter has been in this school for 2 years and when she comes home all I hear are stories about how there was a fight or a student yelling at a teacher or a teacher being rude to a student or a teacher punching a walk then blaming it on a student. The only reason she wants to stay at this school for her friends. I would not like to recommend this school to anyone.

Posted October 25, 2013

Great First Nine Weeks! Excellent communication with the teachers via email when my daughter was out for a day. "Wish Pre-Med class was longer", from my daughter. Thanks Woodlands

Posted September 28, 2013

This is my son's final year at Woodlands and he has been and still is very happy there. With him being accepted into the "pre-med" program definitely added to his enjoyment and as parents we have been amazed at the knowledge he is gaining. This program definitely has added to the attractiveness of the school. There has been a strict dress code which we've found to be a positive however this year the dress code relaxed somewhat with the students being able to hang shirt outside their shorts and increased color choices, of which I have not been a fan. We have not heard of any bullying at the school and only of one incident with 2 boys on the bus. An improvement to the interior grounds, especially the inner courtyard, by planting shrubs / tree's etc. is needed as is unattractive. Academically the school is meeting our expectations and providing a safe and enjoyable student environment. I recommend the school and know without hesitation my son does too.

Posted July 26, 2013

My Son's school is Woodlands Middle School, Palm Beach County, FL. I think this school is excellent. My son has improved each year and is entering the 8th grade with Mustang Pride. He's quite, is not an athelete or a straight A student. He has flourished at this school when I was affraid he would not do well in a large school. He has ADD and the school has supported him and my daughter to the best of my expectations. We haven't had any issues with bullying and I would recommend this school to anyone. They could improve on consistent communication a little. The parents and students have the tools to reach out if they think their child neesds help. My daughter was student from 2009-2012 and she is now an honor student at Park Vista High School. Also suffering with ADD and a learning disability, she was able to move from special ed classes to regular classes by the start of 8th grade, a goal set by Woodlands and her. The teachers and staff are to be commended for their work . No school is perfect. You try to make the best of what you have to work with, whether you're the prinicpal, teacher, parent or student !

Posted April 29, 2013

My school is Woodlands Middle School. The staff is very unhelpful and so rude. I received calls from the woman nurse and she had a bad attitude, she said because she was frustrated. On another occasion the receptionist gave me an attitude when I was there for a form. The teachers don't get back to my emails for weeks and my daughter says the teachers mistreat her. I am definitely changing schools.

Posted November 1, 2011

The Uniform code I love. The bullying I have yet to see happen, however I have heard from some students it does exist in the hallways and stairs. Older students push younger ones into the walls and lockers. A few teachers are from other countries so their accents are a problem when it comes to students understanding what the teachers say so some of the students end up falling behind the rest of the class. The Principal Eassa is very involved and the students seem to like him alot.

Posted April 28, 2011

My son attends Woodlands and likes it there alot. The administration are strict with the rules, especially uniform conformance, etc. and Ms. Daniel, the principal is on top of things. I found that in meeting the teachers during conferences that they do care about these kids very much and are good teachers. They call or email if important assignments are missing to make sure that they are turned in so that greats are not affected.

Posted April 15, 2011

I am currently in the 8th grade, but not at Woodlands, rather a 10 school in the same district. I went to Woodlands my first semester of 6th grade though. It was horrible for me. The course load too elementary level, all of the mean kids, teachers who couldn't teach, and the extremely bad job the 6th grade assistant principal did for me to make it work. I finally couldn't take it anymore and transferred out. It was a big mistake for me to go here.. And the school also had a lot of "I failed a grade" kids also, a bad influence for new kids. 8th graders usually picked on any 6th grader they could find. I have bad experiences I don't want to remember from my first half of 6th grade.

Posted August 4, 2010

woodlands is a great school the teachers dont really work well together but its okay my child had a secsessful year at woodlands and the kids only make little mistakes but the school is great!!!!!

Posted August 4, 2010

I agree with the comment about bulling at Woodlands Middle School. My 12 year old grandson attended 6th grade there and he has horror stories about the bigger children ganging up on the smaller children beating then into the ground. It's not just in school either, the bus stops are just as bad. The bigger children have apparently been held back more than once so they are 15 & 16 years old in the 6th grade. These children should be sent to an alternative school and not be in the general population with the you nger kids because they have anger issues because they are so old and should be in high school and they take it out on the smaller children.

Posted July 22, 2010

I have attended WMS for 2 years now. It's a good educational school, but the new principal, and the new rules, are focusing more on the dress code than in the education. Mr.Clawson & Mrs.McKnight in the years of 2008-2009-which i was in 6th grade- was the best year for me so far. They were great. We had the best of both worlds. Good simple dresscode & good education. That was the year i had my best grades. So, if your a parent who wants a child whos more behaved then well educated, i recommend it. Thank god, 2010-2011, will be my last year.

Posted April 28, 2010

The problem with this school is the multitude of bullies. The bullies are mostly the children from two particular communities. The children from these two communities are also a problem at the elementary school that they are zoned to. As a parent I am begging you not to send you child to this school if you worry about bullies. The staff here will not protect your child even after they changed principals.

Posted August 10, 2009

Im a student who graduated wms in the yr of 2009. The school is not a bad school. i learned many new things while attending the school. my teachers always went above and beyond to teach. there was a lot of hands-on activities. the teachers gave students a chance to teach themselves before teaching. we were never behind schedule. the students who go there truly are nice and sweet once you get to know them. my teachers took the time to get to know everyone and during class time everyone got along just fine. all-in-all i believe that any other middle school would not have been as great for me. did i mention i graduated in the top 5% academics out of all students there. i also received special awards for outstanding in my two HS classes i took there. i would recommend this school to anyone, hands down! =D

Posted August 9, 2009

This school has changed a lot over recent years. The crowd has become more rough, and there are too many behavior issues to make this a good learning environment. There is also a high turnover rate for teachers and administrators. This year the principal and two assistant principals will no longer be there, as well as at least 5 teachers. It seems like there are too many issues within the administration here.

Posted April 27, 2009

This school deserves 5 stars based on the Teachers and there Staff. They have teachers and Principals who would talk to them about problems in school or out of school! It is also an 'A' School.

Posted March 30, 2009

Woodlands is a great school considering Where its located & the kids that have to go there. Some Teachers are AMAZING !However, some teachers don't even try to understand us, students. Teachers , i think stress over the dresscode more than academics at times. Mr. Clawson is really involved & students can always go to his office and talk to him. The guidance counclers are REALLY nice! Over all woodlands is a good school.

Posted September 21, 2008

Woodlands has so much to offer! im a 6th grader and alredy i've learned al ot. All the teachers and staff are good.thye even have a police officier too. They have so many clubs which is really fun!!

Math

The state average for Math was 53% in 2014.

362 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 60% in 2014.

358 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Math

The state average for Math was 56% in 2014.

394 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 57% in 2014.

419 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Math

The state average for Math was 47% in 2014.

325 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 57% in 2014.

397 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Science

The state average for Science was 49% in 2014.

400 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 56% in 2014.

392 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 78% in 2012.

413 students were tested at this school in 2012.

2010

Scale: % scoring at or above level 3

Source: Florida Department of Education

• In 2011-2012, this school received a grade of "A".
  • In 2010-2011, this school received a grade of "A".
  • In 2009-2010, this school received a grade of "A".
  • In 2008-2009, this school received a grade of "A".

Algebra I

The state average for Algebra I was 64% in 2013.

Biology I

The state average for Biology I was 67% in 2013.

Geometry

The state average for Geometry was 64% in 2013.

Ethnicity This school

Teacher credentials

Classes taught by non-highly qualified teachers 9%N/A5%
Source: FL Dept. of Education, 2011-2012

Teacher resources

Special staff resources available to students Art teacher(s)
Read more about programs at this school
Source: Provided by school officials and community members.

Arts & music

• (561) 357-0307

Staff resources available to students
  • Art teacher(s)
Extra learning resources offered
  • Title I Schoolwide program (SWP)
Transportation options