Coral Reef Elementary School

Public | PK-5 | 941 students

Posted February 1, 2007

Coral Reef is an outstanding school. My daughter is now at Woodlands Middle school and is a straight 'A' student. She learned so much from all the awesome teachers. I'm very pleased with my 3rd grade son's performance at this school as well as the extra reading programs implemented. Next year I will have another child in Kindergarten. I can not think of a better school for my children to attend.

Posted September 28, 2006

Coral Reef has high quality teachers & Staff and a Wonderful Principal. The teachers are willing to keep an open dialogue with parents via telephone or email.

Posted August 25, 2006

The staff and teachers are all very nice and helpful. My daughter is in 1st grade and loves her teachers so far and does well in school. I think it is a great school.

Posted July 4, 2006

I am a former student at Coral Reef and am now entering high school at park vista and after I left Coral Reef I went from normal classes to Advanced in middle school and above average grades on the FCAT and Mrs. Armenti is a wonderful principal and my 5th grade teacher Mrs. Goudron was fantstic I am so happy I went to Coral Reef and hope everyone feels the same way. -Amanda Berkowitz~Class of 2003
—Submitted by a former student

Posted May 11, 2006

I moved specifically into Lakeview Estates just so that my daughter could attend Coral Reel Elementary. We were previously in a horrible school zone...we are very happy with this school and the teachers. My daugher is very happy.

Posted April 19, 2006

This is a great school with very involved teachers and parents. It is highly recommended.

Posted March 10, 2006

Great school, lots of parent involvement. Nice clean newer buliding. Very happy so far.

Posted February 25, 2006

Great school - we love it

Posted November 29, 2005

Great School good teachers and a wonderful atmosphere.

Posted October 8, 2005

Good school with good education.

Posted August 8, 2005

My daughter both went to Coral Reef in Lake Worth Florida. I couldn't ask for more from a school. Everyone there is very helpful and the teachers are great. Mrs. Juran is not only an outstanding guidance teacher, she is a warm hearted human being. Thank you Coral Reef for everything. We recently moved out of the zone and my youngest has to change schools. I've already told them the have Big shoes to fill.

Posted July 20, 2005

My son has been a student at Coral Reef for 4 years. I have been very pleased with each and every one of his teachers thus far. I especially want to mention that Mrs. Slesinski who has been teaching my child in the ESE program for the past 3 years has helped my child so much academically as well as improving his self-esteem. She is an amazing lady who 'genuinely' cares about each and every one of her students. When your child has a teacher like that the child wants to work harder and learn more. My child did! All of my son's teachers have been wonderful but Mrs. Slesinski has truly made a difference with my child. Ms. Armenti, the principal, also has been a wonderful principal to work with for the past few years. She shows such pride in her students and in her school. Great job Coral Reef!

Posted June 10, 2005

great staff, lots of parental involvement, strong academics.

Posted May 5, 2005

Coral Reef provides for a very rich educational environment for it's students. The teachers, administration and staff are constantly looking for professional development and feedback to keep the level of education up to date and on the cutting edge.

Posted March 31, 2005

I think the overall educational experience is outstanding. The only gripe if I was to be picky is that my daughter in the 5th grade buys lunch every Friday. Many times menu items are unavailable to them by the time they get to the cafeteria. The other gripe I have is the lack of recess time for these kids to run off some stress from their day. I am a firm believer of the concept of taking a mini vacation everyday to keep their focus sharp.

Posted March 8, 2005

I have been extremely happy with Coral Reef Elementary. My son is now in 5th grade and has attended since kindergarten, which was the first year that this school opened. I have been very impressed with the academics and loved every teacher that my son has had, with the exception of kindergarten. My son is in the gifted program, which I do think could use some improvements. Other than that, I have not had a single complaint. Coral Reef is a very nurturing school in a very warm environment. My son is really going to miss it.

Posted August 4, 2004

Overall I think the school is a good one. The teachers do alot of activities in class with the students to help them learn. The staff is friendly. I only wish there were after school activities/committees the kids can join.

Posted April 14, 2004

Wow! What a school! I've had 3 children in this school and I can't say enough about the great teachers they have all had. I would definetely give this school a 5. The admin. as well as the staff have all been wonderful, You just can't say anything negative about this school.

Posted March 3, 2004

I have found this school to be a wonderful experience for my two children. The school is great and most of the teachers are as well. One of my daughters has a learning disability and she has been followed closely with much needed support and care. Excellent School!

Posted February 9, 2004

The forms of discipline that are being used aren't good. I used to think that rewards- based discipline was a good idea, but through watching the affect it is having on my children- (Fear and anger from all the guilt manipulation that is being used to 'motivate!)) I now feel that rewards- based discipline is unfair and punishes the students who are doing a good job. Many teachers complain about the FCAT to parents and to students which only undermines the learning process and causes the students to be unduly nervous about it. The lack of recess for students who need it so desperately is my biggest complaint. Why no recess?! Do teachers so value their bonus that they will 'terrorize' kids in order to be an 'A' school? The teacher morale is so low that I feel a coupe coming soon...if not, I'll lead one and find a better place for my children to be excited about learning...maybe even a charter school or home-based education. We can't afford private school right now.

Math

The state average for Math was 58% in 2014.

148 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 57% in 2014.

148 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Math

The state average for Math was 63% in 2014.

183 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 61% in 2014.

183 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 53% in 2014.

182 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Math

The state average for Math was 56% in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 61% in 2014.

Science

The state average for Science was 54% in 2014.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 81% in 2012.

188 students were tested at this school in 2012.

2010

Scale: % scoring at or above level 3

Source: Florida Department of Education

• In 2011-2012, this school received a grade of "A".
  • In 2010-2011, this school received a grade of "A".
  • In 2009-2010, this school received a grade of "B".
  • In 2008-2009, this school received a grade of "A".

Ethnicity This school

Fax number
  • (561) 804-3750

Transportation options
  • Buses/vans for students only
Note: Data provided by community members,
needs to be verified by school leaders.

Apply now