994 students|Palm Beach

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

Phenomenal school with faculty and staff that truly care about their students. There is a high level of parental involvement and there is always plenty of special activities to engage the children. My child excelled in second grade with Mrs. Palkovitz, who is not only an amazing teacher but a caring person who is truly tuned in to each student. We're excited to return next year!

Amount of homework: Disagree

All schools in the district give too much homework in my opinion. That is all I have to say honestly.

They have gone above and beyond navigating our unique family and its needs. Best school. So grateful for the love, understanding and patience they have shown our family.

My son attended from k-5. Stuggled with everything because he is weak in writing and had trouble problem solving, math skills, etc. He had a 504 but that wasn't enough. He needed an iep...long ago. In 5th, he gave up trying to keep up and couldn't keep up. He had a 1 in writing fsa and a 2 on the math. I told the principle and the assistant principle that I didnt want him to continue on to 6th grade. I knew he wasnt ready. They told me they do not keep 5th graders behind. They would not hold him back. He's now in 6th grade, cant keep up and failing everything. They failed him horribly. I trust the school to help guide me. I took him to doctors, he's on medication, I work with him all the time to re-enforce what's taught but he needed something else. They pushed him through and just passed him off to the jr high. Absolutely a horrible school if your child has a learning disability...at least, in my son's case.

Are there any posted ratings for this school for 2014? Which teachers are the best in each grade level? My daughter is entering K in fall 2014

I have experienced wonderful teacher-parent communication with my fourth grade teacher. Awesome! Thank you Mrs. Oates!

I went to c.r.e.s. (coral reef elementary school) as a student! Great school! I went from a c student in math to an a! They teach respect, responsibility, and safety.

Art teachers need to request parent volunteers so that they can implement a "FULL arts program." Where is the 3-D art- sculptures, clay, recyclable art, etc... Us parents are willing to help just ask the PTA. We want the kids exposed to other mediums other than paper /pencil. We realize it's easier when you have 40+ kids in a class but ask for assistance and maybe you could rotate doing something EXTRA with a grade level at a time with VOLUNTEERS! Where are the extra-curricular club activities here? Last year, a Science and book Club was offered. What happened this year? Please use some of the monies donated to pay teacher supplements. We NEED A Science and Math Club-Robotics- the district offers LEGO LABS for free. Why aren't the teachers REQUIRED TO SIGN UP FOR THE SCIENCE LAB? My child has NOT BEEN THIS YEAR! Why not have the teachers rotate in by grade level and have them organize the lab lessons by units of study and the lead teacher set up the materials for the week and let all classes of that grade level rotate in. There should be more oversight by admin that the teachers are using the science and computer labs. CORAL REEF NEEDS TO GET KIDS ENGAGE IN"ALL" AREAS

Need to Vamp up there use of technology. Where are the iPads? The Title 1 schools have one iPad per student. Other schools in our social economic level have carts of iPads, i.e. Panther Run Elem. The school district can provide theTeacher training for free. Apple offers 10 packs to the district at discount. Use some of the walkathon money and purchase 3 -10 packs on a cart for teacher check out. The school needs to provide MORE access to technology! Where is the integration in the classroom? Teachers need MORE training I guess? Kids should be creating tech projects using software programs that enhance units of study by grade level. Glogster, Edmodo, class tools.net, gmail accounts, google drive etc... My kids rarely able to get on a computer in the class to even take a Reading Counts quiz. Sometimes it takes over a week to have access to the computer... Why not open the computer labs/library before and after school for Reading Counts time like Manatee Elem We need to bring up the scores/ learning gains of the level 3-5 kids. Why not let the level 5 kids take a virtual class on the computer like Hagen Ranch Road Elem. Need to work SMARTER NOT HARDER!

Students, Employees To Wear Pink To Support "STAND UP To Bullying Day" I hope the Principle of Coral Reef and a few certain teachers will be wearing pink on February 29th to Support STAND UP to BULLYING They know first hand the effect that it has on a student when two of the teachers of Coral Reef attacked a child. We are now trying to get a date for the Coral Reef Lack of Judgment Day & Mothers Hat Day. Stay tuned we will advise. On Wednesday, February 29, 2012, all school district administrators, employees, and students are encouraged to show their support by wearing a Pink shirt.

Last modified Coral Reef Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.